Chapter 22 - Her Caring Act

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

The next morning Reina woke up early, her eyes still abit swollen from all the cries she had yesterday. A knock came from outside her door before someone came in.

‘Oh you’re awake already? I was still thinking of putting this on your eyes for awhile before waking you up’ Sungyeol was holding and ice pack on his hand.

‘Here put this on for while before you go downstairs. I’ll go down now and toast a few bread so that you can come down and eat later.’ Sungyeol passed the ice pack to Reii before he walked out of the room. Reina just watched as he left the room.

*Is oppa really back? Should I trust him? What if he didn’t mean what he said yesterday? What if he only said it to comfort me yesterday?* Reii looked at the closed door. She shrugged it away and placed the ice pack on top of her closed eyes while she lay on the bed for awhile.

After 5 minutes, Reina stood up and walked out of her room towards the kitchen. There he was just like what he had said, Sungyeol was taking out bread from the toaster. ‘Oh you’re here already? Good, its almost gone now’ Sungyeol looked at her face to check if her eyes were still swollen. Reina took a step back when she noticed how close the distance between them were.

‘Here you can have these, they’re already toasted.’ Sungyeol passed a plate with a couple of toasts in them. Reina looked at Sungyeol in front of her. It was like her old kind and caring oppa was back. Reina realized the cut on Sungyeol’s and his lip that slightly tear at the corner now that she looked at Sungyeol carefully. She hadn’t noticed them yesterday since she was crying in his embrace and fell asleep in his arms when she got tired from crying.

‘The cut’ Reina let her voice trailed as she looked at Sungyeol.

‘Oh this?’ Sungyeol pointed at the small cut on the left side of his face. ‘Don’t worry about it, it wasn’t anything serious anyway. Come on lets go out and eat now’ Sungyeol shrugged it away and pulled Reina outside with a carton of milk and the breads he had toasted.

Sungyeol sat down and urged Reina to do the same but Reina went back into the kitchen again and appeared with a first aid kit in her hand. She let out a sigh before she applied it on Sungyeol’s face.

‘I told you it was nothing’ Sungyeol moved away as Reina leaned in to apply medicine on his face.

‘Stay still and don’t move’ Reina stopped Sungyeol from turning away before she leaned in to apply medicine on his cut and broken lip. Sungyeol could felt his heart beat faster as Reina approached him. He then broke into a wide smile as he looked at Reina’s face.

Reina who felt Sungyeol’s stare back away after she pasted the plaster on his cheek. ‘What are you smiling at?’ she awkwardly looked away as she placed the medicine back to the first aid kit.

‘Because I felt that the caring Reina from the past was coming back’ Sungyeol continued to look at Reina while his smile grew wider. Reina looked anywhere but at him. She was about to put the first aid kit back when the others walked down from the stairs. All the other boys had some cuts on their face too like Sungyeol.

*What happened to them? Did something happened last night?* Reina looked at each one of them and pondered as they settled down.

‘Morning Reina’ Chunji and Himchan greeted like usual but they were sending daggers to Sungyeol which Reina failed to notice. With a sigh Reina went over and opened up her first aid kit again.

‘What are you doing Reina?’ Himchan moved his head back while Reina took the disinfectant and cotton in hand leaning towards the cut on Himchan’s face.

‘Im going to treat your wound. What else? Don’t move’ Reina pulled Himchan’s chin towards her and hold onto his chin while she used her other hand to treat his wound. Chunji gladly turned his face with cut towards Reina when she was done with Himchan.

‘Thank you’ Chunji smiled as Reina approached him. Reina just rolled her eyes before she did the same to him. After she had sticked the plaster on him, she looked up to see the 3 cold ones. They’ll be harder to treat compared with Himchan, Sungyeol and Chunji.

Reina sighed and went over to L.joe first. L.joe glared at Reina but Reina just ignored it and leaned towards him with the cotton and the disinfectant. ‘I’ll move away once I treat your wound. Is it that hard Byunghun?’ Reina spoke as L.joe turned his head away from her. L.joe heard her called his name and felt his heart raced. He hadn’t heard her call his name for a very long time but she would always add an oppa behind when she called him with his name instead of what people called him – L.joe. ‘Hurry up’ L.joe said feeling annoyed but he was anything but annoyed at Reina. He could never be annoyed by her. He moved away when Reina was about to place a plaster on his face. Reina got what he mean and moved towards L.

L didn’t have any cuts on his face but a broken lip, Reina did the same to L, quickly dabbed on his wound with the cotton before moving away from him. Although L was glaring at her, how he wished he could have told her all the truth and he wouldn’t have to suffer like now.

‘Don’t touch me’ Yongguk ate the toast from the plate without looking at Reina. Reina stopped in her track as Yongguk’s voice was harsh and it was a warning from him. Despite the warning, Reina continued and walked towards him, she cant possibly let his cuts go untreated.

Since there was not cut on Yongguk’s face, she didn’t had to go near his face. ‘I’ll be fast’ she tried to apply the medicine on his knuckles as fast as possible. Yongguk felt himself softened at this sight of Reina yet he remained a pokerface and continued to eat his toast.