Our Song, Our Story

The Love of Wenrene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the first singer finished singing and the announcer walked up to the stage after and said.

 

Announcer: "She was good, wasn't she? Well, next up to sing is Son Wendy!"

 

As Wendy was called into the stage, she got up with a heavy feeling in her heart. Today she was going to sing her heart out. She was going to sing about her past lover, Bae Irene. The one that got away, the one she still loves right now, but she knows she doesn't have her anymore because someone took Irene's heart from her. But Irene? She still has Wendy's heart.

 

 Wendy's POV

 

(AN: Italics is the song, the rest is Wendy's thoughts and feelings.)

 

I got up from my seat and started walking to the stage where I'm going to perform a song, a song that will tell the story about us after everything that happened between us, after everything you did to me, but in the end I always will forgive you no matter what, but just for today, I'll be true to myself and sing my feelings, the feelings still lingering after everything about us. Our story.

 

As I got up to the stage I slightly smiled at the announcer as she handed me the mic. A wave of nervousness, pain and regret flowed through my body, especially my heart. But I knew I had to do this for myself. I looked at the audience and took a deep breath. I heard the song start and I began to sing. A song that describes my feelings and tells our story, I began to sing..

 

"Hey, you." 

 

I always greeted you first thing in the morning because I was so confused about you. This is where it all started, the tragic turn..

 

"I'm just now leaving."

 

I always notified you when I would leave every morning, but you never responded, and when you did actually respond it would always be with 4 simple letters. "Okay."

 

"Can I come around later on this evening?"

 

I always asked if I could come over sometimes, but you never said yes. I mean we were dating so it was normal, right?

 

"Or do you need time?"

 

I should've never said that to you, but it was obvious that you needed time to do your own things, but no. That wasn't the case, you responded with "I'm sorry, I'm hanging out with a friend today."

 

"Yes, of course, that's fine."

 

I always said it was fine, but it wasn't. I should have been selfish at that moment because then maybe things would have changed. It would have been different, just maybe. 

 

"Hey, you."

 

I always started the conversations, why couldn't you put at least a little more effort in us Irene? Ha, I know why.

 

"Good morning"

 

I remember all the good morning greetings I would send to you. I felt so amazing after sending them because I was sending them to the one I love, to you.

 

"I'm sure you're busy now, why else would you ignore me?"

 

I always tried to come up with excuses when you wouldn't answer just to make myself feel better every time. Don't you know how hard it was for me?

 

"Or do you need space?"

 

I don't know what I was thinking at this moment, it was all a blur for me because this is where I found out the reason why you never answered.

 

"You can't help it if your mind has changed.."

 

The reason was that you cheated on me. 3 years of my life down the drain and all because of a girl named Seulgi.. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter