A Song To You P.2

The Love of Wenrene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(AN: This is a continuation of A song to you, read the first part for better understanding, It is chapter 6, italics are Seungwan thoughts)

 

 

 

Seungwan: Amethyst! Hurry down, we have to go grocery shopping and clothes shopping before we go to grandma's house.

 

Seungwan sighs as smiles, shaking her head hearing a "I'll be right down, mama!" from her daughter Amethyst. 

 

Seungwan walks to the couch and sits down, waiting patiently for Amethyst, she hears a ding and pulls out her phone from her purse and sees a message from her best friend Joy, she smiles.

 

Joy 💚: Hey unnie, good morning! You are going to your mom's house today right?

 

Seungwan: Yes I am, but Amethyst is still not ready, I'm waiting for her haha

 

Joy 💚: Oh gosh, tell her I said hi! How are you both by the way?

 

Seungwan smiles as she sighs, she knows she can rely on Joy responding quickly and Seungwan replies back with.

 

Seungwan: I'm doing okay, you already know that and Amethyst? Luckily, she is doing great. I can't believe she is 4 years old, she's going to be 5 soon, she's growing up so fast and it makes me sad :(

 

Joy 💚: I'm glad to hear that, I know you're still going through a lot and as for Amy, she is a big girl now, she's so cute still though, don't be sad unnie, you know you will always be her best friend forever, you are an amazing single mother who raised such a beautiful child!

 

Seungwan smiles widely at the message Joy sent, she giggles and nods slightly as she cheers to herself softly "Joy's right, I will continue to do my best for my daughter, fighting!" She hears little footsteps finally going down the stairs and she hears Amethyst.

 

Amethyst: Mama, I'm ready!

 

She quickly replies to Joy's message.

 

Seungwan: Thank you, Joy! It makes me feel better knowing that ♡ I have to go now, Amy is ready to leave

 

She stands up from the couch, putting her phone in her purse as she sees Amethyst run up to her and hug her, Seungwan smiles and hugs her back, she looks at Amethyst and reaches out her hand to Amethyst and says.

 

Seungwan: Are you ready, sweetie?

 

Seungwan watches Amethyst nod and smile in excitement, as she throws a fist to the air with her free hand and says.

 

Amethyst: Amethyst is ready to go, Mama!

 

Seungwan giggles and nods as they start to walk to the main door, they put on their shoes as they put their indoor slippers in the shoe cubbies they have, Seungwan grabs her car keys and they walk out the house as Seungwan locks the door.

 

As they make their way to the car, Seungwan buckles Amethyst and kisses her forehead as Amethyst giggles, making Seungwan smile as she closes Amethyst's car door and gets in the driver's seat after, she buckles up herself and says.

 

Seungwan: To the store!

 

Seungwan's smiles widens after she hears her daughter say the same after her.

 

Amethyst: To the store!

 

Seungwan turns the car on and slowly backs up into the street and they begin their journey to the store happily listening to Seungwan's song "Like Water" which is her daughter's favorite song, but to Seungwan, she hated the song as it reminded her of Joohyun, but before her daughter entered the world, she enjoyed the happiness it brought her daughter when she listened to it.

 

____________

 

Now as they are at the mall, Seungwan and Amethyst walk hand in hand. Seungwan smiles at the excitement Amethyst has being at the mall, she can't help but feel her heart swell with love seeing her daughter happy as that's all she wished for Amethyst. For her to grow with confidence, happiness and love, something Seungwan never had herself, but learned as she grew up and gave to others.

 

As Seungwan was lost in thought, Amethyst suddenly halted, which brought Seungwan back to reality as she looked at Amethyst with a confused look.

 

Seungwan: Amethyst? Are you okay?

 

Seungwan questioned Amethyst as she continued to look at her, only for Amethyst to nod and point at something that interested her, Seungwan looks at what Amethyst points at and finds a children's playroom that is filled with children playing on swings, climbing and a ball pit. Seungwan thinks to herself "Wow, they really added so many things to the mall, I haven't been here in such a long while." Seungwan looks back at Amethyst and watches as her daughter's eyes glisten with amazement, Seungwan giggles.

 

Seungwan: Would you like to go in and play, Amethyst?

 

Amethyst finally looks back at Seungwan, nodding and smiling happily.

 

Amethyst: Yes, mama! May I?

 

Seungwan smiles and nods.

 

Seungwan: You may, Amethyst.

 

Seungwan watches Amethyst smile as she is filled with joy knowing she can play, Amethyst too excited, she lets go of Seungwan's hand and runs to the children's playroom, Seungwan's eyes widen.

 

Seungwan: Amethyst, don't run, it's dangerous!

 

Seungwan yells out as she tries to run after Amethyst, but was too late as Amethyst made it to the entrance of the playroom, Seungwan gets to Amethyst and kneels down to Amethyst's level, she looks at Amethyst and Amethyst looks at her.

 

Seungwan: Amethyst Jihyo Son Bae.

 

Oh how she hates to call Amethyst by her full name for one reason only.

 

Seungwan: What did I tell you about running dangerously like that? You know that you shouldn't run, you can get hurt or hurt someone else.

 

Amethyst looks at Seungwan with sad, apologetic eyes and nods.

 

Amethyst: I-I'm sorry, mama. I won't do it again, I promise..

 

Amethyst raises her pinky and Seungwan sighs as she smiles softly and nods, taking her pinky out and connecting it with Amethyst's pinky.

 

Seungwan: Thank you, but please be more careful, okay? You know I love you, I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh.

 

Seungwan kisses Amethyst's forehead as Amethyst smiles and shakes her head.

 

Amethyst: No mama, I did something bad and I understand, I love you too Mama!

 

Amethyst hugs and kisses Seungwan's cheeks making Seungwan smile a little more as Seungwan gets up and holds Amethyst hand, she takes her to the booth where the worker smiles and greets them both, Seungwan looks at a sign, takes out the money and then that's where Amethyst now enters the playroom she speed walks to the ball pit and begins to play, as Seungwan watches her and takes pictures of her adorable daughter playing and smiling. 

 

As she is taking pictures, Seungwan feels a tap on her shoulder, 

 

"Seungwan?" Someone simply says. Seungwan, still smiling, turns around and her face becomes pale, her heart beating fast now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter