Don't forget your pillows.

For Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I always wonder why Winter likes this seat.

She calls it her 'spot.'

Alam niyo yung student who prefers sitting at the back because she doesn't want attention? Or that one kid sa parties who'd sit far from the crowd because she's shy or awkward?

I thought she's that kid.

But sitting here now, I think I know why.

She can see everything from here.

Like how that girl from the other side looks like she hasn't slept for days. With her books and furrowed eyebrows, maybe for an upcoming exam. Or how Nico tries his best not to fall asleep kahit tumitirik na mata niya. Konti lang kasi ang customers at this hour.

Maybe that's why Winter's drawn to photography.

When she brought it up, gusto lang daw niya i-try for a change, far from writing. I kinda get the feeling that she's in that phase, you know, quarter-life crisis. I've been thru one and it was.. eventful.

I wanted a drastic change in my life, something fulfilling.

I traveled to different places. That's when my interest in coffee started.

I tried pottery making, painting (thanks ate Seulgi for the free class), and almost tried acting or modeling.

Yung huli gusto ko isuka. Mapagpatol kasi si ate.

You know how we want to try something new and when you're finally doing it, you'd realize hindi para sayo? Yeah, I got that feeling when I tried those.

The last one I tried was dancing and yun lang nagustuhan ko.

But Winter, she..

She got it on the first try.

First choice, first try.

Parang college entrance lang. Nakakaloka.

She showed me the shots she took from our recent UP trip and the pictures were beautiful. Mapa-tao, hayop, o puno lang. Kahit nga sa picture ng nakakalat na plastic cup, nalungkot ako.

She has this knack for capturing unusual subjects and show them to the world like it's the most beautiful thing.

I wonder how I look through her eyes.

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

I never thought I'd see this side of Winter.

Yung lasing to the point na she'd call me for help.

Not gonna lie, kinilig ako konti. But I had to remind myself na hindi para sakin yung tawag, para kay kuya grab.

I'm on my way to pick them up somewhere along E. Rod. I had to call Ning to make sure kung tama ba yung location kasi Winter was just mumbling things earlier.

Gusto na niya umuwi kasi inaantay ko daw siya sa balcony. Rapunzel lang, teh?

Ang hirap seryosohin minsan eh.

But her last line.. yeah, that got me.

'Ayokong ma-disappoint sakin si Karina.'

I don't even know the context bakit niya sinabi yan pero kumirot puso ko hearing it. Why would she think she'd disappoint me when she has been thoughtful and attentive towards me?

Just last week she prepared breakfast for us.

I overslept and had an important meeting that day. Ang haggard siguro ng itsura ko when she saw me panicking sa living room. She could've helped me with my stuff and I'd still appreciate it but I guess, I taught her well.

Best way to start the day.

Pero secret lang, I knew she was trying to prepare breakfast for days, even the french toast. Giselle didn't say anything about it, nakutuban ko lang. Pinigilan ko lang tumawa nung inangat ko yung takip revealing the rival of her work.

Winter, penge naman ako niyan.

It's always the little things for me.

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

'Nandito na naman kayo.'

That's Winter's favorite line sa mga kaibigan niya, partnered with her iritable look.

Sasabihin niya yan but once we settle na sa dining table she'd offer them anything na maiisip niyang laman ng ref namin. Nagtataka pa siya bakit mabilis maubos grocery namin.

Just last night, muntik na niya ma-offer yung 'ice cream' sa kanila. Sumakit tiyan ko kakatawa sa haba ng nguso niya kasi nakita niya yung laman -- manok.

Winter, I am my mother's daughter.

Yan ang nakita ko growing up and unknowingly mapapasa ko din sa anak ko.

I can't wait to see her face kapag binuksan niya yung lata ng buttered cookies. Nilabas ko pa yun from my room and placed it at the perfect spot, tabi ng snacks niya sa counter.

But honestly, I don't mind having her friends around our place.

I get this warm feeling around them.

She'd always say na maalaga ako but she should see herself around the people she loves.

Her fondness over Chaeryeong's antics or her funny and sometimes non-sense banters with Lia. I just know kapag may nanakit sa dalawang yun, hindi niya uurungan.

Oh, don't get me sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter