Under the moon

What is love?

Sana's period of training  had started two days ago and she was already feeling like a garbage bag: Jeongyeon was very strict and she was getting Sana to train her legs, arms and reflexes.

'Can we take a break? I'm destroyed and we have started half an hour ago' Sana wiped her sweat away with the towel and drank some water, trying to regulate her irregular breathe 'your training is crazy Jeong, do you want to eliminate me?'

Jeongyeon drank water too and then looked at her friend 'look, that's not a game and you should take this more seriously. Just because it will be a supervised event doesn't mean you can let your guard down. Dahyun trusts you, show her that you aren't just a goofy who spills coffee on her'

Those words worked because Sana had thrown the towel and resumed doing the exercises Jeongyeon had told her to do 'by the way, I almost kissed her the other day, but that idiot and his stupid perfume ruined everything. Of so many moments to present the product to be advertised he had to choose that, what a bother' she snorted.

'Are you serious? Are we talking about the same Dahyun? I don't even remember the last time she went out with someone' Jeongyeon was impressed 'she likes you, maybe I could have figured that out earlier from the fact that she didn't kick you out after all the disasters you've made'

Sana's eyes sparkled 'should I ask her out? I don't know where to take her though, it's difficult to understand what she likes. Do you have some advice?' she looked at her friend, hopeful.

'You have to figure it out by yourself, if I tell you she would understand that it wasn't your idea and trust me that she would be upset. Contrary to what it seems she's not a person of many pretensions, she isn't used to receiving nice gestures'

The other girl nodded, she would think of something, the hard part was just asking Dahyun out.

 

 

At three in the afternoon Sana knocked on Dahyun's office and waited for her to give her permission before sneaking in with her head 'do you have a few minutes? Otherwise I will pass later when I'm done training'

Dahyun looked at her 'sure, what would you like to talk about?' she took off her glasses and devoted all her attention to the girl in front of her 'you look tired, I make coffee' she got up and went to the brand new coffee machine 'I listen to you'

Sana was sweating because she was feeling anxious 'I wanted to ask you out tonight, would you like to go on a date with me?'

The surprise was clearly visible on Dahyun's face and before answering she handed the coffee cup to Sana, who took it with shaking hands 'I'd love to, to tell you the truth'

That simple sentence was enough to make Sana jump to her feet with joy, spilling the coffee on herself 'ouch, it's too hot'

'I just did it, it's normal that it's hot' Dahyun seemed amused when she handed her handkerchief 'now do you understand why I didn't like you dropping coffee on me everyday?'

Sana nodded while trying to clean up 'you've been too patient with me, but I assure you I'm perfect to date you. I'll be waiting out the company around seven, don't make me wait too long or I'll be very sad' then smiled and kissed Dahyun's cheek before leaving the office.

 

 

At seven in the evening Sana was expecting Dahyun, leaning against the car of the latter and checking in the mirror to have her hair in order. She didn't expect it would be that easy to get a date with Dahyun, maybe she was lucky? She mentally slapped herself and shook her head 'she likes me, that's why she accepted'

Dahyun was five minutes late when she arrived 'I'm sorry, I had a last minute meeting. I didn't have time to change, do you mind if I stay dressed like this?' she took off her jacket, remaining with a black shirt 'can that be okay?'

Sana thought Dahyun was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen in her entire life 'I don't mind, you are beautiful anyway'

The other girl gave her the car keys 'you got the idea, so you drive. I heard you're very good behind the wheel' a smile followed Dahyun's words.

Sana took the key and opened the car 'you'll see, I bet I drive better than you'

They got into the car, fastened their seat belts and drove off.

Dahyun was looking out the window 'where are you taking me? You didn't tell me before and I'm curious. I asked Jeong, but she didn't know too'

Sana smiled, stopping at a red traffic light 'it's a surprise, I'll show you how I used to spent my evenings before moving in with Jeong' the traffic light turned green and she drove off again, humming the song that was being played on the radio.

 

By the time Sana parked it was an hour since their departure. When they got out of the car they were standing in front of a sandwich shop 'they make spectacular sandwiches here, I hope you like it, even if we won't eat here. Let's hurry, I'm hungry' she took Dahyun's hand and they entered the small shop.

They took two different sandwiches and two colas and got back in the car, driving another ten minutes until they reached an elevated pitch where there was a stone bench. The view from there was fantastic: you could see the lights of the city and it was very quiet.

'Do you like here? I know you hate crowded places and I though I'd take you to my favorite place. I'm sorry if it seems like nothing to you' Sana sat on the bench.

Dahyun did the same and looked at her 'I love it and can't wait to taste my sandwich. And I like the company, which is what matters most. Thanks for bringing me here' a smile formed on her lips, it was one of those smiles that also took eyes 'I'm really happy' she took a bite of her sandwich and looked at the view while she was chewing.

 

Sana did the same as her, with a big smile on her face 'I was afraid you would think I'm stingy or something like.. Boring'

Dahyun drank a sip of her cola and looked again at Sana 'I'm rich, if I want an expensive dinner I can buy it myself. I like this more' another smile and Sana's stomach was full of butterflies 'and I don't think you're boring, you're actually very funny because of your clumsiness'

'And you aren't as nasty as people say, on the contrary you're actually a calm person and, if we exclude your grim looks, you have sweet eyes and a beautiful smile. Dahyun, I like you since the first time you came for dinner' Sana took her hand 'and the things you've told me, added to all the time we've spent together in the last month, made me realize that I like you more than I can explain' her heart was beating very fast, but she felt lighter for finally saying it.

Dahyun's cheeks were red, but her composure didn't give up even for a moment 'I already knew, it's hard not to notice the way you behave when I'm around' 

Sana didn't expect those words and she thought friendzone's smell was just around the corner. She wanted to bury herself or escape to another continent and was thinking how to do both when Dahyun spoke again. 

'I don't mind spending time with you, it's my favorite part of the day for a while now. I feel nothing for anyone other than Jeongyeon or so I thought until you came into my life. I like you too, even if it costs me a little to admit it. I don't like to express my feelings, it scares me to death if I have to be honest because every time I did it, except once, I was left alone'

'I'm not going to leave, I've been waiting a long time for this moment' Sana smiled and moved closer, placing her forehead on Dahyun's 'I also like the fact that you don't let anyone near you but you don't even pull me away when I get sticky'

Dahyun let out a small, short laugh 'sometimes I want to run away, but having you near doesn't make me uncomfortable or disturb me'

Sana brushed Dahyun's lips with her own 'then I think I can finally do it' she said before kissing the girl who made her heart beat faster with just her presence. It was a slow and gentle kiss at first, but when Dahyun parted her lips Sana took the opportunity to deepen it, holding her tight.

They both had swollen lips and butterflies in their stomach when they stopped kissing and Dahyun Sana's hair 'could you do it again? I'm afraid I didn't understand your intentions'

Sana giggled and kissed her again and again until they both gasped 'is everything clear to you now?'

'Maybe, but I plan to repeat the experience'

 

 

The next day Dahyun looked like another person: she had her usual serious look, but her eyes seemed to glow with happiness and everyone present at the meeting was a bit bewildered by her tranquillity, especially Jeongyeon. 

'Someone is particularly happy today' she said at her boss after being left alone in the meeting room 'do you have to tell me something? Sana practically passed out on the bed last night and she didn't say anything to me' 

Dahyun smiled and covered her face with her hair 'I'm so embarassed, I can't hold back the smile today' 

Jeongyeon smirked 'did you do what I think you did?' 

'Nope, but we kissed several times. Don't look at me that way, you embarrass me' Dahyun's face was really red. 

'I'm so happy to see you like this, you deserve this happiness, but don't you dare leave me out or I'll slap you both' Jeongyeon pointed her finger at Dahyun with a mock threatening air before hugging her best friend: they rarely did it, but she knew very well that her low boss appreciated that gesture everytime. 

Dahyun squeezed her and smiled again 'I could never leave you out, you are my family. Okay, too much sweetness' they both laughed and released the embrace 'do you know what Sana prefers between meat and fish?' 

'She is an expensive girl, so definitely fish. Why?' Jeongyeon was curious now. 

A smile formed on Dahyun's lips 'she arranged our first date, so I'm going to make dinner at my house. I want to show her that I'm not a snob and that I can cook very well' 

'Now I'm jealous, you haven't cooked anything for me in recent months and now you're planning a great dinner for her!' Jeongyeon pouted, but smiled immediately after 'Sana will jump for joy' 

 

 

Dahyun was drinking her beloved coffee while checking the news online and sighed when she saw her old scandal on the most talked about list 'that bad joke keeps haunting me, I hate people' 

The door opened and a devastated Sana entered the office: her hair was tied in what must have been a ponytail, her leggings were pierced on her knees and, which immediately attracted Dahyun's attention, a bruise on her left cheekbone 'Jeongyeon destroyed me today' she threw herself heavily on the sofa. 

Dahyun took a sachet of ice from the small freezer she had in the office and pressed it lightly to the bruise 'should I go and scold her?' 

Sana hugged her 'you don't have to, it was me who got distracted, that's why I got punched in the face' she wanted to talk more, but Dahyun began to laugh out of control 'don't laugh at me, I'm suffering!' a pout followed her words. 

'I'm sorry, but even I know how to do that exercise and I swear to you I've never been punched in the face' she removed the ice pack from the bruise and reached down to kiss the painful spot softly, surprising Sana 'could a dinner invitation help you overcome this suffering of yours?' 

Those words made all the tiredness and pain go away 'absolutely yes! When?' '

Would Saturday night be okay? I'm free and would have enough time to cook' 

Sana picked her lips and smiled 'Saturday is perfect'