The first step for a change

What is love?

Ms. Kim looked at her daughter with a questioning look 'tell me, I'm listening'

For a few seconds the only sound coming from Nayeon's mouth was that of her deep breaths, which were useful to calm her down a little 'I knew what you did yesterday'

'I don't understand the reason for the serious tone of your voice, what would I have done so serious?' she answered pretending to be surprised.

'Don't play dumb with me, I won't fall for it again' the girl looked at her angrily 'I talked to my sisters and I saw in their eyes the pain you caused to the both of them, they were broken and tired because of you and the things you said. You are a disgusting person' 

A chuckle escaped from the lips of the woman, who seemed particularly amused by the situation 'I only told the truth by saying that they are both unwanted daughters, that they are miscalculations and therefore society's waste. Don't look at me like that, they are two adults and they have to accept reality'

Nayeon clenched her fists tightly and held back her tears 'the thought that you have had other children disgusts me enormously, you are not worthy of being defined as a mother and I hope those boys understand this before you hurt them too'

'They are my children while you are my princess, I am here to make our family right. Come away with me and we will live the way you wanted, with a family that loves you' she took her hand 'you three are all beautiful enough to be models and to make us rich' 

Nayeon immediately pulled her hand away and got up from the bench to look down on her 'I don't want to be your source of income, you shouldn't treat your children like that. I would like to have a real mother and not a profiteer like you'

'If you come with me I will behave well, I will be the person you have always wanted to have by your side. I promise, you just have to leave your old life behind, giving up on your sisters'

A salty tear ran down the girl's cheek 'a life without them is not conceivable for me'

'Why do you have to be so stubborn? You have recently known one of them and the other isn't even your blood sister. There's nothing between you and them and you should understand that. You have to do a choice Nayeon: me or them' 

'You are forcing me to choose, but know that this decision is not that difficult for me. Jihyo has always been there, she is the person I love most in the world and the one I would kill for if necessary. She is my sister as much as Dahyun is. We don't have a blood bond, you're right about this point, but at least it's not rotten blood like yours and your ex husband's. So know that Jihyo, with or without blood bond, will always come before all of you. As for Dahyun, even though we haven't known each other in that long, she is my beloved little sister and I have immeasurable love for her. I don't care if you dislike her and if you think she's a mistake, the only mistake here is you and your disgusting behaviour. Disappear from my life and that of my sisters, don't you dare even get close to them or I swear I'll make you regret it. You have hurt my most precious treasures with your wickedness and for this I will never forgive you. I can easily live without you, but not without the two of them'

'You're making the wrong choice, stupid little girl' the woman stood up to face her daughter, who was slightly taller than her 'I was the one who brought you into the world and you owe me everything I ask for!'

Nayeon was staring at her impassively 'do you really think screaming in my face can scare me? In the end you are not so different from my father if you behave like this, your next move will be to slap me?'

'I'll just spoil your pretty cheeky face' the woman was ready to hit her daughter on her face with all her strength, but her hand was stopped by a much stronger one than hers.

'I'm sorry to interrupt my mother-in-law's business, but not even her mother has the right to hurt my girlfriend' Jeongyeon let go of the woman's wrist and held her at a distance from Nayeon 'you're lucky I don't hit women or I would have sent you directly to the nearest hospital'

'Thanks Jeong, you always come at the right time' she put her forehead against her back 'send her away, I never want to see that person again'

The bodyguard didn't have it repeated twice and within minutes that woman was out of their lives again 'do you want to go to your sisters? I can take you to them right away, even if Dahyun has a lecture and we should put up with all the people who will talk before her'

'Let's go cheer for her, she deserves all our support now' Nayeon smiled, hiding her sadness in a remote corner of her heart in order to focus on the things that really mattered.

 

 

Dahyun was nervous: she had been chosen to represent all the major companies in the advertising and artistic fields. She had a plan to carry out and she couldn't back down at that point, but the thought of having to speak in front of all those important people and cameras made her legs shake.

'It's not fair that you have been banned from speaking just because you are engaged to a woman, this really makes me nervous'

Chaeyoung was arranging her friend's tie very carefully 'it doesn't matter, you are the best at talking and we have the same ideas about everything, so for me it will still be a victory' she smiled sincerely at her.

The blue-haired girl smiled back 'I'll do my best, I already have the speech ready'

'Perfect, we are all ready to cheer for you. Go break everyone's with your authoritative gab' she gave her thumbs up and went back to sit with the others after they had called her friend to go up on the stage that had been set up.

As soon as Dahyun was in front of the microphone she took a deep breath and smiled slightly at the eight girls who were now her family. Then she took the paper with her speech written on it, but she decided to crumple it up and say something different from what she had planned 'good morning everyone, my name is Kim Dahyun and I would like to say some things to everyone present'

Some people muttered something to their chair neighbors, others were intrigued by the sudden change of plans.

'First of all I would like to underline the disappointment I feel about the exclusion of Son Chaeyoung, a person who has worked with me for almost a year, only because she is engaged to a person of the same as her. Let me tell you: you are idiots, stupid bigots who judge people's abilities based on their ual orientation or their origins'

'I never expected such a thing from her' Chaeyoung, as well as everyone present, was quite surprised.

Dahyun was not intimidated by all the eyes she had on her and continued to speak with her head held high 'you judge everything, especially the things that you cannot understand even with a simplified scheme. Do you want to know something that I have been very careful to keep hidden? When I was born my surname was Im, the same as those you call social climbers, my sisters, and the great restaurant owner who was arrested for crimes that I'm not going to tell you. I was abandoned when I was a baby and here I am with more money than most of you, I'm a bastard who made it without anyone's help and without doing illegal stuff like most of you did'

A man in his fifties jumped up, red in the face 'turn off the microphone and the cameras! Get the word out of this naughty crazy girl!'

'Shut up, you stupid idiot' Jeongyeon had entered bodyguard mode 'try to interrupt her again and I will silence you with my hands'

Dahyun smiled at her best friend 'the problem with our society is that it is based on appearances that are often wrong because we all hide behind a mask, that's why me and the people who work with me are doing our best to be able to have multiple locations of our company and employ those who will always be rejected by those who do not accept people labeled as different. I realize that I have to be the first to have to change to make this possible, so..' she put a hand in the inside pocket of her jacket. 

Both the people who were following the story through their TV and those present couldn't take their eyes off the girl, who was putting a silver couple ring on her finger, smiling.

'To change things you have to do something first, so I will be the first to come forward and say that I have been in a stable relationship for some time.. With a girl' her gaze fell on Sana and she gave to her a smile full of love 'I waited too long to come out and I'm sorry, but I no longer intend to follow the rules that are imposed on me and I prefer to have even more people against rather than being false with myself and with others. The meaning of my speech is that no one deserves to be discriminated against for any reason' she looked at a camera 'if there is someone among you who has been denied a job because of the things I have previously said I invite you to interview with me and, if I can't hire you, I'll look for the right job for you'

The man who had previously yelled to turn off the microphones and cameras had taken the stage and was advancing towards her angrily 'you screwed it up, you ridiculed us all!' he pushed her away from the microphone 'don't listen to this little girl, she's a lesbian who doesn't understand anything about how the world works. If you want to have a future you have to work for me in my company'

The man was continuing to talk in vain because many of those present were taking off the mask they had put on in order to reach their prestigious positions: a man took off his toupee, a girl uncovered tattoos on her arms, a thirty-year-old put on his red lipstick on the lips and clapped for Dahyun.

Even the people at home, for the most part, were enthusiastic about what Dahyun had done, were proud of her courage, and decided to support her starting from that day.

The jammer was turned away from security, much to Jeongyeon's disappointment because she couldn't wait to get her hands on him, and the meeting continued with a speech full of good intentions and plans.

It had been a hit and the girls all ran to hug Dahyun, telling her how proud they were of her. From that day on, things began to change and even in a conservative country like the one they lived in, discrimination had decreased.

 

 

A month later Mina and Chaeyoung's wedding invitations were finally ready and the two girls had just finished sending them all.

'It's done! There's no turning back now, we'll get married this spring!' Chaeyoung was smiling happily, she couldn't wait to marry the love of her life.

Mina smiled at her, excited 'Our day is very close, I'm very happy and I can't wait to become Mrs. Son'

They kissed for a while, as if they wanted to seal that special moment 'and about your proposal of the other day I want to tell you that it's okay for me, let's do it after we get used to being married' said the shorter one with a smile.

'We have a lot of time to organize everything and to get used to the idea, thanks for accepting' Mina had teary eyes with emotion 'we still have to do a lot of things'

'Like getting Momo to ask Jihyo to live together, getting Jeongyeon to put a dress on our wedding, getting Dahyun to hurry up to propose to Sana and help Tzuyu at the restaurant' Chaeyoung quickly listed 'and we still have to finish fixing your school too'

'I cannot wait!'

 

 

 

 

~~

Double update since the story is almost finished👉🏼👈🏼