New things

What is love?

It was the day of the dance competition and Nayeon was having a hard time concentrating on work, both because she was anxious and because that night she had slept hugging Jeongyeon. Seeing her in that state scared her a lot and she just wanted to throw Emily in a garbage can.

Fortunately Jeongyeon was already better, thanks to the training she did regularly, and she was already at work in Dahyun's office.

Nayeon smiled as she thought back to the night before, but woke from her thoughts when she heard screams and immediately ran to see who was the madwoman who was screaming at nine in the morning: she was the classic well dressed snob with perfect hair and a mania for being the protagonist.

'It was all calculated, I knew very well that you would be able to save your skin. I told you fighting for your life would make you stronger!' Emily pointed her finger at Jeongyeon 'let's go home now, I will get you to train with the best boxing teachers and you'll see that we will make so much money that you can retire at forty or even earlier'

Jeongyeon looked at her without emotion: it was the face she had everytime she had to Dahyun somewhere to protect her 'maybe the message I sent you earlier was unclear, Emily' she approached the blonde girl, looking menacing 'it's over, now I understand what kind of person you are and you know what else I understood these days? That I never loved you, I was under your thumb, nothing more'

Dahyun and Chaeyoung started laughing, Sana's smile was huge and Jihyo was amused. Nayeon didn't know what she was feeling at that moment, but her distaste for Emily grew.

'You can't give me up, if you are like that you owe it to me, you were just a failure who lived in a shack. You had no friends and your family preferred to see you as little as possible. You must be grateful and return the favor'

Jeongyeon was speechless and silence fell on the room, until there were quick footsteps and the sound of a well-aimed slap 'you should shut that big mouth you have, spoiled, brainless . Don't ever allow yourself to talk to her like this again, here you are the only loser, nice to live a good life with daddy's money, huh?' Nayeon was furious 'go back where you came from, we don't need a being like you here. Try to learn what respect is, especially towards those who are much better than you in every aspect'

Emily looked at her with raised eyebrows 'Jeongy, get this little out of the way, she's bothering me!' she was touching her flushed cheek, waiting for Jeongyeon to protect her. 

Everyone laughed when Jeongyeon did nothing and Dahyun spoke up 'Jeong, get this idiot out of my company please'

'As you wish' she pulled Emily by the pink jacket she was wearing and locked her out of the company, with a smirk 'I love cleaning'

 

 

 

After the commotion caused by Emily Jihyo had returned to her office for a meeting that had been requested to her by a certain Suji. She didn't have to wait long as the 30-year-old woman arrived a few minutes early than expected. 

'Hello, I'm Min Suji, thank you very much for agreeing to meet me' as soon as she smiled Jihyo immediately recognized her.

'Good morning to you. Have we met before or am I wrong?' she invited her to sit in front of her and the woman did so immediately.

She smiled at her 'not really, but I'm the one who tried to win you at the charity auction. I wanted to offer you a job that night, but your girlfriend seemed annoyed and I preferred to let it go' 

Jihyo felt embarrassed and a bit sad by that assumption 'she's not my girlfriend, she was just playing a part to pass the time, I'm sorry, her stupid joke wasted your time, so I think it's best to discuss the offer you want to make me right away'

Suji looked relieved and started talking 'I'm setting up a kind of museum, the proceeds of which will be donated to hospitals. As you will have understood I work in this industry and I would like to ask for your participation in this project. I have seen the photos you take and I find them fantastic, so I would like to ask you to participate with both your photos and as my shoulder. What do you think? I know you are very busy, but this project is suitable for your abilities and I believe we can be good colleagues'

There was a few seconds of silence, followed by an enthusiastic smile on Jihyo's lips 'I would love it, when do we start?'

 

 

 

The dance competition had started for about half an hour and the next partecipants were the four girls who had been training together for months.

'We can do it girls, we've practiced a lot and we have flawless synchrony' Momo smiled in excitement 'even if we don't win I'm happy anyway'

'Girls, we have a problem' Tzuyu added 'we didn't think of a name for our group, we just wrote our names in the competition registration'

All four looked at each other and Mina's eyes sparkled 'at first it was just me and Momo, but then you two joined at the same time and we can say that we are two couples, so what about Twice?'

Nayeon applauded her 'you're a genius Minari, I think this name is perfect' she smiled when one staff member called them 'let's do it!'

As soon as they got on stage in the audience they saw the rest of their group: Chaeyoung was ready to film everything, flanked by Jihyo and her camera; Dahyun and Sana were clapping and Jeongyeon was smiling, giving them thumbs up.

Like all the other participants they performed with two coreographies: a lively one that transmitted energy and a more sensual one. Both choreographies were performed perfectly and the judges gave them very high marks, but unfortunately there was a group with two points higher than them and they didn't win. None of them were sad, they had a lot of fun and that was what mattered most to them, and they all went together to eat a pizza.

'I have an announcement to make' Chaeyoung said in the middle of dinner and smiled showing the dimple on her right cheek 'yesterday I made the proposal to Mina'

Mina smiled and showed the ring she had just put back on her finger 'I said yes' she blushed and giggled. At their table it was immediately a party and they almost risked being kicked out of the pizzeria, but in the end they convinced the owner to let them stay because it was a special occasion.

'Let's make a toast to our future brides' Jihyo shouted with a big smile 'I hope you will choose me as a photographer for the big day or I will feel very offended'

Momo raised her glass 'I demanded to be the maid of honor, I've been putting up with you for too long and I deserve it' she had a pleased expression.

Sana raised her glass too 'if that idiot is the maid of honor and I get cut off, I'll take it personally, I'm warning you Minari'

'Shut up, Big bubble' Momo tugged at a lock of Sana's pink hair and they started fighting like always.

 

 

 

 

The dinner passed quickly and Jeongyeon and Sana drove the three sisters home.

'I can stay tonight, I don't have to get up early tomorrow' Sana smiled at her girlfriend, who nodded immediately.

Jihyo, sitting in the passenger seat, turned her head towards them 'as long as you don't laugh in the middle of the night, it's creepy'

Nayeon smiled mischievously 'leave them alone Jihyo, no one ever bothers you for your quirks and you know very well they love watching videos of people doing stupid things when they can't sleep'

'They watch those videos to forget the nonsense they do, especially Sana' Jeongyeon was looking at the traffic light, waiting for it to turn green 'everytime she cooks she risks to setting the house on fire'

A debate began between Jeongyeon and Sana and it was enough to keep everyone busy until they got home. Jeongyeon was the only one in the car, but before the others entered the palace she got out of it 'Nayeon, can we talk?' she tortured the tie with her fingers, a little anxious.

Nayeon left her bag to Jihyo and joined her beside the huge black car 'sure, something wrong?' she noticed Jeongyeon's nervouseness.

'It's okay, I just wanted to thank you for the last night and ask you to go out with me, like it's a first date. I want to do things right this time, if you want of course' she was looking at Nayeon's eyes 'I know I hurt you and I was a real , but I understand my mistake and I want to fix it. I want to have you next to me'

Nayeon was surprised and she couldn't help but smile 'we can try, but know that I won't make it easy for you this time. I don't want to cry anymore'

'It seems right, I will write to you as soon as I have decided where to take you' Jeongyeon gave her a small smile 'go now, it's late. Goodnight Nayeon'

The other girl went to the entrance of the palace and then looked at her before closing it 'goodnight Jeongyeon'

 

 

 

Dahyun and Sana had been kissing for a while and their hands began to explore in a decisive way. 

'Okay, I can't wait anymore' Sana said before taking off her shirt and climbing on top of Dahyun. She kissed her girlfriend on the lips and then slowly went down to her neck. 

Dahyun was amused 'when you act like this you remind me of a little girl' she bit her bottom lip 'don't leave a mark or tomorrow will be a war with the paparazzi' 

Sana looked at her, a little annoyed 'what does it matter if they find out you're in a relationship? You are an adult and you certainly don't hurt anyone' 

'It's a bit complicated, I've been a Ceo for a few years and just because I'm so young they keep an eye on me, waiting for my false step' Dahyun was playing with Sana's hair 'being in a relationship might give them a way to bring me down' 

Sana was looking at her 'how long will I have to wait to be able to go out hand in hand with you, sit next to you when we go out in a group or kiss you when I feel like it? I can't wait, this is too much for me, do you think it pleases me to hear the girls who admire you scream when Jeong is near you? They also got excited when they saw you with Momo' 

Dahyun was sorry to see her so sad and her cheeks 'I'm sorry, I'm doing my best. This situation isn't easy for me either, but I have to make sure I have everything under control before exposing my private life. I love you, isn't it enough?' she looked into Sana's eyes, sadly. 

The other girl sighed 'I love you too' she satted on the mattress and was about to add something when Dahyun's phone rang. 

The call only lasted a minute and Dahyun looked troubled 'I have to go, a customer from Europe has just arrived' she stood up immediately and put on the shoes 'I'm sorry Sana, I'm really sorry but I have to go' Dahyun reached down to kiss her on the lips, but Sana turned her head away. 

'Run, your stupid job always comes before me' her eyes were full of tears 'we can never talk in peace or spend a night together without someone interrupting us, I'm really tired of all this' 

Dahyun's phone rang again and she looked lost and in pain: she hated having to choose between the person she loved and her job, but she couldn't afford to lose it 'we'll talk tomorrow, I'll take you to breakfast wherever you want, I promise. But please don't do that, it breaks my heart' 

'Okay, now go' when Dahyun left Sana burst into tears and hugged Dahyun's pillow to feel her close, which hasn't happened very often lately 'if you expect me to stay here and wait, you are wrong' she got dressed and called a taxi. She rang the doorbell of the house she shared with Jeongyeon because she forgot her keys. 

'It's after one in the morning, what's your problem?' Jeongyeon opened the door and glanced at Sana, but her gaze softened when she noticed her friend was crying 'what happened?' she made her sit on the couch. 

Sana sighed and hugged her knees 'Dahyun left me, again, because one idiot from Europe wanted to see her in the middle of the night. I'm so angry' 

Jeongyeon sat down beside her 'it's her job, Sana' she took her hand 'you don't have to take it personally. Remember that she had no one to hang out with before you and she's doing her best to make her private life and work coexist' 

'But do you agree with me that she works too much? Do you agree that she never relaxes and sometimes seems not to live her life?' 

Jeongyeon nodded 'obviously, but we can't help it, she'll have to figure it out alone' 

Sana looked at the black TV screen 'I'll ignore her for a while' she nodded at herself and looked at Jeongyeon 'anyway, what did you say to Nayeon? I'm curious' 

'I asked her for a date, I want to to take her to see the little town where I spent most of my life. I know it's very dated, but I want to let her know me for real and I think I have to start there' 

The pink haired girl was surprised 'I'm so proud of you' she smiled and hugged Jeongyeon 'she is the right person Jeong, you will soon have proof of this' 

Jeongyeon hold her back 'I'll take her there tomorrow in the evening and we'll spend the night too, try not to mess up with Dahyun, I would like to enjoy my date with Nayeon' 

'Don't worry, she is unable to get angry if there are no dangerous things involved' 

They talked for a while, then went to sleep, both anxious for different reasons.