Don't leave me

What is love?

Even it was Jeongyeon's day off she ran into the Kim's company, searching her boss. She asked for her, but Dahyun was in a business meeting. What she had to say was too important and she opened the door without knocking, getting a grim from her best friend who was exposing something.

'I need to talk with you privately, it's urgent' Jeongyeon's hair was disheveled from running.

'Jeong, I'm busy now, can't you wait..' Dahyun watched her wristwatch 'half an hour?'

'Fine, I'm going to disturb Nayeon and say hello to Jihyo' she closed the door and went to do what she had just announced in front of several dumbfounded people. Dahyun sighed and continued her meeting.

At the end of the meeting Dahyun sat in her office and waited for her friend. When Jeongyeon arrived she looked angry 'you almost ruined everything, I hope for you it is really important' Dahyun was writing something at her Macbook.

'Sana wants to leave tomorrow, she wants to go to Japan'

Dahyun froze, her eyes widened 'it doesn't seem like the time to play jokes, I have so much work to do today, please'

Jeongyeon slapped her hand on the desk and looked at her friend seriously 'does it look like the face of someone joking? Are you too focused on your ing job that you no longer recognize human emotions? Or maybe you are just stupid?' 

Dahyun was a little scared, her friend had never been so mad at her, but she composed herself immediately 'if she wants to leave what can I do? It is her decision, not mine' she started to imagine a world without Sana and her heart started to hurt, her mind was in confusion. 

'You know exactly what to do, but you're too stubborn to even admit it to yourself. I will no longer help you get up when you are drunk again because of your broken heart. If you love her and I know you are, go to her and stop her or you'll regret it for your entire life' she started for the door 'I won't be home tonight, when you finish work go to her, at least to solve anything you haven't solved' then smiled at Dahyun and leaved. 

Dahyun had to make a decision. 

 

 

 

Considering that the dance school was closed due to the works to join the existing structure to the one purchased by her parents, Momo had asked Jihyo to go out for a coffee. They had exchanged many messages after their meeting in the park and they both got along very well together. They had opposing ideas about many things, but Jihyo had never judged her, which was often the case with others, and this made her feel appreciated. 

Momo was waiting at the bar they had chosen together and which was close to Dahyun's company, so as not to let Jihyo go too far after finishing work. 

She was looking at the menu when an adorable smile fell on her 'sorry for my delay, I had some sudden additions and Nayeon and I had a hard time managing it all' Jihyo took off her coat and sat down opposite to Momo, smiling shyly at her 'to forgive me I will offer, take whatever you want. 

Momo giggled 'clearly you haven't seen me eat yet, get ready to see your wallet empty' 

'I will take the risk' Jihyo looked at the small menu and studied every detail of it, bringing out the creative person in her 'I don't know what to eat, what do you recommend?' 

The other girl began to think 'I want to eat pancakes, you could get the waffles and give me a piece. Sounds like a great plan to me' 

'You want to make the most of me I see' 

'You don't even know how much' Momo winked at her and Jihyo blushed 'I was kidding, right now I just want to enjoy some time with you. These days, as the dance school will be closed, we may see each other more often' 

Jihyo immediately nodded 'I would love to, I hope not to find myself with too much work accumulated' 

Momo ordered for both, adding two hot chocolates. She looked at Jihyo and smiled at her in an amused way 'when we text each other you don't shut up for a second, but now that we are face to face, you're not talking much. I thought it was clear that you don't have to be shy with me' 

'Sorry for being really boring, you made a bad choice to go out with me today' Jihyo gave an apologetic smile. 

'You are the only friend I have that I like to talk to at the moment, Mina and Chae are always hanging on and Nayeon and Tzuyu.. I don't think I want to go out with them right now' Momo thanked the waiter when their orders arrived. 

Jihyo did the same 'why don't you feel like it? They are still your friends' 

'I know very well that their relationship was all smoke and no roast, but talking about love just doesn't suit me' she took a sip of hot chocolate 'I want to be free, I couldn't comfort them in any way' 

Jihyo nodded and tasted her waffle thoughtfully 'it's a shame though, you're denying yourself the chance to love and be loved' 

Momo looked her straight in the eyes 'where would the fun be? For love you do nothing but suffer, it's not really for me' 

'I would like to fall in love one day, I'm waiting for the right person for this reason' 

'I can assure that is very rare to find the right person on the first try, in my opinion you should stop denying yourself the fun, using more or less the same words as you' 

Jihyo sighed 'so with whom should I have certain experiences if not with a person I really like?' 

'Just pick a person you trust at least a little, considering you have all your obsessions to overcome. Someone like me, I'm a good match and I'd take care of you' 

Momo said the last sentence in a playful way, but Jihyo was looking at her, holding the fork stuck in a piece of waffle hanging in front of 'would you really do it?' 

 

 

 

It was ten in the evening when Sana was watching a TV series on the sofa, it was her last night in Korea and she wanted to make the most of Jeongyeon's giant television. She was hungry, but too lazy to cook something and without money for delivery. The life of a jobless person was really hard in those moments. 

After some minutes someone rang the doorbell and she went to open the door, thinking that Jeongyeon had forgotten something, but when she saw Dahyun her heart went to . She was beautiful: she had her hair down and straight, was dressed in black as usual, her long black coat was open and her cheeks were flushed from the cold. Plus, she had two bags from Sana's favorite restaurant. 

'Can I come in? I'm freezing' Dahyun said, but she calmed her tone 'sorry, I'm just a rude. Dinner?' she put the bags in plain sight 'I just finished working and I'm sure you didn't eat anything too' 

Sana was so surprised and happy that she almost jumped, instead she let Dahyun in and helped her with the bags 'You saved me, I'm starving, but I didn't want to try my luck by cooking. You know, I could have set the house on fire and Jeongie would have killed me' 

Dahyun was amused 'are you more afraid of her than of a fire?' she was arranging the food on the table. 

'Of course I am, I can escape the fire, but not her' Sana sat down on a chair and began to eat. Dahyun did the same and they were quiet for a while. 

'So.. I heard you decided to leave' Dahyun started in a low voice, with her heart beating as if she were running the marathon 'if it is for work problems I can help you' 

Sana stopped eating and watched her now almost empty plate 'this is a reason, but I can't work for you, I can't focus when you're around' she still felt the guilt for that cursed night 'and I can't find a good job here, so I thought about going to work at my grandparents' shop, I should be able to do at least that'

Dahyun was looking at her 'I'm not proposing you to be a bodyguard again, but to work with either Nayeon or Jihyo, they take care of the creative part of the company like commercials. I think you would like it very much' she knew how to use words well when it came to work 'I'll leave you the business card, so you can come and do the interview. It's just a formality, I know very well who I'm hiring' she put the business card on the table and finished her food. 

Sana glanced between Dahyun and the piece of the laminated paper on the table 'I don't think I can accept, but thanks for the offer' she finished drinking the water in her glass 'I really appreciate it, but I can't accept it. Tell me how much you spent on dinner, I'll give you half your money back as soon as possible' 

'I don't want the money, I was pleased to offer you dinner. Don't think about it' she was tense, her plan to keep Sana in Korea wasn't working. She had to think about something else quickly, even though she knew very well what she should do. While Sana was cleaning the kitchen she thought of Jeongyeon's words. 

'You can turn down the job, I don't care, but I don't want you to leave' she admitted 'you don't have to leave' 

Sana turned to look at her, a little surprised 'why not?' 

It was time to bring out everything she had been holding inside her heart for months. Dahyun took a deep breath and looked Sana straight in her eyes

'Because if you stay here I will be able to see you, even if rarely and only from distance' her hands were starting to sweat, but her gaze remained steady 'I'm trying to tell you what I couldn't tell you before' 

Sana was waiting with her heart pounding in her chest 'what? I don't think I'm understanding..'

Dahyun sighed 'I'm hopelessly in love with you since the first moment I saw you that night I came here for dinner because Jeongyeon wanted to introduce us' she said all in one breath 'I love everything about you, even your leaving your things scattered around my house. I love your laugh, your hugs, your kisses' she bit the inside of her cheeks 'I feel incomplete without you, I can't sleep well if you don't hug me. I have always hated sweet couples and physical contact, but when it comes to you I could do all these things without any problem, in fact I am craving them. I don't want to live a life without you, Sana'

Sana was speechless, was she dreaming? She pinched her arm, but Dahyun was still there with her, with red cheeks and all the words she said in the air 'say it again' 

The other girl was surprised 'I don't remember all the words in the correct order' 

Sana laughed and put her hands on Dahyun's cheeks 'I want to hear three words, can you remember them for me?' 

'You're taking advantage of it, maybe that's what I deserve for not telling you before' she tiptoed and brought her lips to Sana's 'I love you' she whispered before kissing her. Sana held her tight and kissed her back. 

'Do you have to go home? I want to show you how much I love you' this time it was Sana who spoke, her hands under Dahyun's sweater, her back. 

Dahyun had already stopped thinking 'I stay only if you promise not to leave' 

Sana smiled and pull her into the room 'done deal' the door closed behind them. 

 

 

 

The next morning Sana rolled onto her side and reached for Dahyun with her hand and, finding nothing but the blankets, sat up with a frightened face. Was it all a dream? She didn't want to believe it and she jumped out of bed, pulling on a shirt as she walked quickly to the living room. It was empty, but a good smell reached her nostrils and she ran into the kitchen. 

Dahyun was turned away, focused on cooking and Sana felt an inexplicable relief to see her there. She'd been wearing Sana's shirt that was a bit long for her and tied her hair into a messy bun, but to Sana, that vision of her was gorgeous.

The person she loved was making breakfast after spending the night together and after all those months away her heart was bursting with joy. She hugged Dahyun from behind, sinking her face into her neck, and she burst into tears 'I missed you so much, I still can't get over how stupid I was' 

Dahyun took her hands and kissed them softly, smiling 'I've missed you too, every single day. Don't cry' she turned and wiped her tears away 'now I am here and I will never let you escape again' 

Sana smiled and pressed her forehead to Dahyun's 'you're y when you bring out your Ceo side' they hugged each other in a hug that needed no more words and stayed like that for quite a while.

'Explain to me why you two are half in my kitchen.. No, I don't want to know' Jeongyeon was trying to make a disgusted face, but the smile she had could not be suppressed in any way.

'Jeongie, good morning to you too' Sana giggled and pulled away from Dahyun, but didn't quite break their embrace. 

Dahyun smiled and motioned for Jeongyeon to join them in that embrace, which she did right away.

'I'm really happy to see you together again, you should thank me, I became your Cupid for the second time. You didn't do it in my bed, did you?' 

'Of course, in someone else's bed it's a lot more fun' Sana giggled, taking a pinch on her side from both her girlfriend and Jeongyeon.

'You can rest assured, we were too busy to think about doing you a similar spite' Dahyun added with an amused smile and hold the both of them 'I'm so happy in this moment' she whispered, but those words came loud and clear to Sana and Jeongyeon's ears, which squeezed her even tighter. 

'We are all together again, I'm happy too' Jeongyeon said in a low voice. 

Sana smiled 'how about doing a movie marathon today? We need to make up for all the lost movie nights' 

Dahyun nodded immediately and Jeongyeon seemed to think about it 'as long as you two don't start kissing, you're disgusting' she made the gesture of vomiting. 

'Don't be jealous, it will soon be your turn too' her roommate winked at her 'and we have a lot of lost time to make up for, so stop complaining' 

Jeongyeon sighed, but she was amused 'my day is ruined'