Confessions

What is love?

It's been two weeks since Jihyo and Nayeon went to live with their sister. It was for safety reasons at first, but the three girls got along very well and living together wasn't that bad. Even though Dahyun was rich their house wasn't that big: it had three bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a kitchen and a large living room. The highlight was the great view of the city, which is why Jihyo spent most of her time looking out the window and taking pictures of the view with her beloved professional camera, the only gift she accepted from her father in recent years.

'You okay? You've been standing in front of the window for an hour' Dahyun approached her with a cup of tea, which she accepted immediately.

'I'm good actually, and happy' Jihyo took a sip from her cup 'I have something to say to you, but I'm afraid to lose you' she took another sip and sighed 'I know it might sound silly, but I already love you very much. I've always wanted a little sister'

Dahyun hid her smile behind her cup 'try me, you don't deserve to have something devouring your stomach, it's wrong' what an hypocritical she was, considering the fact that she was the first to keep things inside, but her sister was a separate case and she wouldn't let her keep things inside. 

Jihyo took a deep breath 'do you remember your scandal last year?' she started to feeling nervous and started scratching the rim of her cup. 

'Yes, it took months of work to delete everything. It was stupid, I don't smoke and that obviously was a photoschopped candy. But, even if it was true, I don't get why it's called scandal' Dahyun sat on the sofa 'why are you talking about this now? Are other versions circulating about it again?'

The moment of truth had arrived, there was no turning back. Jihyo sat beside Dahyun and put her cup on the coffee table in front of the sofa 'I'm talking about this because I'm the one who took the photos. I didn't want to do so, but our father didn't allow me and Nayeon to use the money he gave us as we wanted, I needed to make some money by myself and without him knowing. So, when I met some people who don't like you and they offered me that job, I accepted to took those pictures of you. I'm sorry Dahyun, I'm the worst sister in the world' she lowered her head, ashamed.

The younger listened all the time without interrupting the older. She never expected to find out that her sister was the culprit of her scandal and didn't know how to react at first, but seeing how much Jihyo was sad melted her not-anymore-heart-of-ice 'now I understand why you were so tense when we met. You didn't know the truth back then and you were desperate, so.. It's okay, I forgive you' Dahyun was serious and sincere 'I'm surprised, but I won't treat you differently because of this. Just promise me you won't do something like this again, it is especially dangerous for you'

Jihyo was speechless, she knew Dahyun wasn't a bad person, but this was better than she thought. She didn't resist anymore and hugged her little sister, holding her tight 'thank you, I will be a good sister from now on'

It was the first hug Jihyo gave her, excluding the times she hugged her in her sleep every time she and Nayeon sneaked into her bed 'so that's how it feels' Dahyun whispered and leaned against her, feeling the love she always wanted, but she would never admit it because she wanted to keep her tough image.

'What are you two doing without me? I'm jealous!' Nayeon shouted and ran to them 'I want to hug this baby too' she smiled and hugged both Dahyun and Jihyo. 

They stayed like that for a long time, in silence, but after a while Jihyo spoke 'Nay, you should stop using my perfume, you know it's difficult to find it!'

Nayeon pouted 'I'm your big sister and I know you love me more than that perfume, so I should be allowed to use it! Dahyun, tell her that being selfish leads nowhere'

Dahyun was amused 'I won't be on anyone's side, I am impartial'

Having said that they began to argue as usual, like babies, but they stopped hearing a totally new sound: Dahyun's laugh 'you are two idiots, are you sure to be older than me?'

'She's making fun of us!' Nayeon shouted 'you deserve a punishment!' both Nayeon and Jihyo grabbed a pillow and started to hit their little sister, laughing like there's no tomorrow.

Have a family wasn't that bad and Dahyun already loved those two dorks, she hoped to have them by her side forever.

They stopped their pillow fight when someone rang the door bell and Nayeon went to open the door, finding Jeongyeon there 'oh no, my day is officially ruined' she made an annoyed face and let Jeongyeon in.

'What a warm welcome from my favorite idiot' she ruffled Nayeon's hair, making her scream that it had taken her half an hour to fix it 'nevermind, you still had the face of an idiot anyway. Hi Jihyo, nice to see an intelligent person'

Dahyun cleared 'what about me? Today it looks like someone wants to be fired'

'You would never fire me, we both know that' Jeongyeon hugged her best friend and smiled 'what should I do today? You gave me nothing to do and I was bored to death being home alone'

'Isn't Sana at home?' Dahyun raised an eyebrow, curiosity was eating her up.

Jeongyeon shrugged 'she was supposed to go out with her best friend, that's all I know'

'None of my business anyway. You have the day off today, I'm going to stay home'

Before Jeongyeon could answer Nayeon spoke 'since you have nothing to do you could take me to the dance school' she looked at her with sweet eyes 'please, I'm too lazy to walk'

Jeongyeon looked at her 'what do I get from it?'

'A kiss, come here' Nayeon put her lips ready for a kiss and walked over to Jeongyeon, who moved with a disgusted face.

'Don't ever try again or next time I'll push you and I'm sure your little body wouldn't hold up'

Nayeon laughed and took the backpack she always carried to rehearsal 'it won't happen again, I don't want to kiss you. Now come on, if I'm late again Momo will kill me' she hugged her sisters and left the house humming a song that Tzuyu had made her hear a few days earlier.

 

 

When Nayeon came out of the dance school she saw Mina chatting with a girl 'promise me you will at least think about it, I assure you it will be fun! If it's for Momo, don't worry, I'll tell her not to bother you'

The other girl was seriously thinking about it 'okay Minari, but only because I haven't seen you and Chae in a long time' she hugged Mina 'now I run away, I have a job interview, wish me luck!' she smiled and ran to the bus stop.

Mina smiled too and sent a message to her girlfriend before entering the school.

'Only five minutes late, you were really good today' Momo was praising Nayeon, who laughed and said it was all thanks to Jeongyeon and that if she really wanted to compliment someone she should have done it to her.

'Chae said the things we ordered for the party will arrive here soon, how about thinking about preparations for today? The party is tomorrow night' Mina said with a smile.

Nayeon looked curious 'a party? What is celebrated?

'Momo's parents have bought the structure next door and want to combine it with the one we are using, so as to make the school bigger' Tzuyu explained.

Momo nodded proudly 'there have been many enrollments, we need space, but that's not all: since we are all divided into fixed groups, we will all be enrolled in competitions in rotation'

'Who knows when it's our turn, I can't wait' Mina was very excited and immediately infected the other three with her excitement.

 

As soon as everything that had been ordered for the party arrived, they set to work arranging everything: they had taken every table in the facility and placed them along the walls of the two largest rooms and were blowing up balloons. Since there were two rooms to decorate, they split up. 

Nayeon's cheeks were red 'I'm not very good, Jihyo usually takes care of these things' she complained.

Tzuyu took the balloon out of her hands and inflated it smoothly 'seen? it wasn't that complicated'

'You're good at whatever you do, it doesn't count. Anyway, it's like you kissed me, you know? It's called an indirectt kiss' Nayeon winked.

'Not entirely if you think about it, there was just your saliva on the balloon' Tzuyu stated with a serious face, then she looked at the girl beside her 'do you want to try?'

Nayeon was surprised by that sudden request 'do you want a kiss?'

Tzuyu nodded 'I like you and I'm curious about kisses, so why not? If you aren't already committed to someone else and if you feel like doing it obviously'

'This is an impossible request to refuse' Nayeon brought her face close to Tzuyu's, without esitation, and kissed her soflty on the lips: it was a chaste and a little shy kiss, which lasted very little 'was it what you expected?'

'I don't know what I expected, but I hope it happens again' Tzuyu smiled and so did Nayeon.

 

 

Dahyun and Jihyo were both on the couch, busy with their cell phones, when the courier arrived with a large package that Dahyun placed on the table.

'What did you buy?' Jihyo stood beside her and looked at the box with curiosity.

'Open it and find out yourself' Dahyun encouraged her and she immediately did what she was told. There were two Lego boxes: one of Hogwarts and one of Hagrid's house.

Jihyo's mouth was open with surprise 'I never thought you liked Harry Potter and Lego, you are full of surprises'

'They're not mine, they're for you and Nayeon. I heard you talking about it and I thought I'd give you a gift, I hope the ones I chose are fine' her cheeks were a little red, she was not used to giving gifts without first asking the person concerned what wanted.

Jihyo hugged her and smiled happily 'thank you, it might sound silly, but Nayeon and I love these things, they've helped us since we were kids. When she gets home, all three of us will build' she was so happy that Dahyun couldn't help but smile.

 

Nayeon was not long in arriving with a huge smile on her face, which widened enormously when she saw the gift that Dahyun had bought for her and Jihyo 'I can't believe it! You are crazy Dahyun, totally out of your mind' she immediately hugged her little sister 'you know you'll have to do it with us, right? It's our tradition, which says that if we have some Lego to assemble we must do it all together'

'Jihyo already told me, so I guess I have no escape' Dahyun was amused 'do you want to start now? Because if the answer is yes I order dinner' she took her cell phone from her trouser pocket and began looking for what to eat.

'Don't forget the dessert!' Jihyo was already taking the various bags out of the boxes and arranging them on the table in a maniacal way, but Nayeon sat down on the chair and messed everything up, making her sister lose patience 'stop messing up! I hate it when you do that'

Nayeon gave an angelic smile 'it's not my fault if you're obsessed with order, just relax'

Dahyun sat down at the table with them 'we have half an hour before dinner arrives'

They began to assemble the pieces and were silent for a while, so Nayeon decided to break the silence 'Tzuyu and I have kissed today, more than once. Does it mean we are in a relationship?'

Jihyo shrugged 'you're asking the wrong person'

'If you like each other and kissing makes you feel good then I would say yes' Dahyun was busy trying to tear apart two bricks 'you could try to be together if you feel like it. And if your story doesn't go well patience, it can happen'

Nayeon pointed a brick at her and smiled 'you really know how to deal with words'

'I was actually speaking from experience'

'By the way, you never told us anything about it. What happened?' Jihyo asked, curious and at the same time fearful of the answer. 

Dahyun sighed 'it's a long story'