I don't want to love you

What is love?

Nayeon was excited that morning: in few hours she would have lunch with Tzuyu's parents. 

'Dress? Too formal' Nayeon was in front of her wardrobe 'I don't know what to wear!' she started to feel the pressure and tossed the dress she was holding onto the floor. She wanted to make a good impression and wanted to make her girlfriend proud.

'I'm not a genius when it comes to love and parents, but what matters is that you are yourself' Dahyun picked up the dress from the floor and put it back in the closet 'I think this pair of jeans would be the perfect match with your favorite blouse. It's simple, but you have to go for a lunch, leave your best for the most serious occasions'

Nayeon thought about it carefully 'you're right, Tzuyu said that the restaurant isn't classy or something, so it's okay to dress like that. Let me thank you with a kiss' she smirked and was ready to fill her sister's cheeks with kisses, but Dahyun ran away 'why doesn't anyone want my kisses in this house? I'm offended!' she shouted before entering her bathroom to get ready.

 

 

After an hour Nayeon was in the car with Jeongyeon, she was very anxious.'Can you give me some advice? I'm afraid to ruin everything' she sighed several times.

'Be yourself, but not too much. Don't scream when you're talking and please, avoid to slap them while laughing, it's unnerving' Jeongyeon was focused on the road 'don't be nervous, they'll love you, you're amazing' she softened her tone, but it lasted very little 'an amazing pain on my , why do you use me as a taxi driver?'

Nayeon slapped her shoulder 'I'm your boss' sister, respect' she was amused 'and I don't want to disturb Dahyun or take a taxi, it scares me because of my father' now she was serious 'excluding my sisters and Tzuyu, you're the only person I trust. I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll try to get my driver license as soon as possible' 

After few minutes they arrived at the restaurant and Nayeon was shocked: it was a luxurious one 'Tzu told me it was going to be informal..' she was panicking, what should she have done in that situation? 

'Okay, calm down a little and turn around' Jeongyeon made her a little ponytail and left the rest of her long hair down, then she gave a pair of earrings she had in the car 'fortunately Dahyun hates all this stuff and she always leaves something in the car, I think I also have heels' 

While Jeongyeon was looking for the shoes Nayeon was looking at herself in the mirror, feeling a little calmer now. 

'These shoes are mine, they should fit you' they were plain black heeled shoes, but overall they weren't bad and they fit perfectly 'you're looking good, believe me' 

'You saved me, thank you Jeongie!' 

'Don't ever call me that again, Sana is enough to use this ridiculous nickname' Jeongyeon seemed disgusted 'hurry up now or you'll be late, good luck' 

Nayeon smiled at her and ran out of the car. Jeongyeon called Dahyun on her phone 'you were right to buy earrings and shoes for your sister, it is by no means a normal restaurant' 

'My trust issues did something good, I'm relieved, but not totally calm. I hope everything goes well, thank you Jeong, you have the day off, you deserve it' 

The bodyguard smiled 'I'll see you tomorrow, say hello to Jihyo for me and don't get in trouble' she closed the call and went home. 

 

 

That had been the worst lunch Nayeon ever had and Tzuyu's parents were worst than hers. They were two people who thought they were who knows who and who bragged about everything, but that wasn't the real problem, they humiliated her in word and deed. 

When she arrived they were disappointed 'honey, you said she is beautiful' her mother said 'but our cleaning lady is prettier' 

'And she walks as if she has something in her shoes, or maybe she can't walk in heels, how little class' Tzuyu's father said with a gesture of disapproval. 

They were speaking in Chinese, but Nayeon had studied it and understood everything 'um.. I know I'm not who knows how beautiful, but I like myself that way and I apologize for my walk, I was in a hurry' 

She was embarassed and a bit hurt that Tzuyu didn't say anything to defend her. 

It was impossible for Nayeon to talk to them, they always replied badly and haughtily. 

At the time of the bill they looked at her 'everyone pays for themselves, okay? We have no money to spend on you' 

Nayeon looked at Tzuyu with disbelief: she told her they would offer everything and for that reason she didn't have enough money with her. She hadn't eaten much due to the high prices, but she thought she was ed and checked her wallet: it was filled with banknotes and there was a piece of paper 'I hope you won't need them, but feel free to use them in case -D' 

Dahyun saved her , again. She was so grateful, but her sadness was bigger in that moment 'okay, I can pay. I don't want anything from you' she threw the money on the table and got up 'you and I are done, I can't believe you allowed them to treat me this way' her eyes were full of tears 'I was a fool to trust you' 

Nayeon ran away from that ty restaurant and called Dahyun 'please.. Come and get me, I wanna go home' she was crying now, she couldn't calm the sobs. 

'I'll be there in a few minutes, don't move' 

 

 

It started raining and, when Dahyun came to her sister, she found her soaking wet 'Hey, let's go home, you need a hot shower and cuddles, Jihyo is waiting for us' her tone was calm and reassuring and Nayeon allowed her little sister to take her home. 

They both showered, but then instead of hot chocolate they chose alcohol. 

' relationships!' Nayeon shouted, already drunk. 

Dahyun, on the other hand, seemed lost in another world 'yeah, better to be alone' 

Jihyo didn't know what to do with them 'you shouldn't drink that much or even say things you don't really think' she saved the coffe table from Nayeon 'don't jump on it, are you crazy?!' 

Dahyun laughed 'she's right, it's more fun to jump out of the window, I should try' having said this, she stood up. 

'You two are scaring me, I call Jeongyeon right away' she picked up the phone and started the call 'I know it's half past two now, but they've been drinking for hours and they're both crazy now, help me'. 

 

 

What Jeongyeon found after Jihyo's call was worse than she tought: in the house the music was so loud that the neighbors would surely have complained, Nayeon was standing on the sofa, using the remote as a microphone and Dahyun was sitting on the floor with a bottle of wine in her hands.

'That's why I called you, these two are totally out of their mind' Jihyo was panicking 'they shouldn't drink that much alcohol'

Jeongyeon was watching her best friend and Nayeon while thinking what to do with them. 'Jeongy, I'm single now, you can kiss me if you want!' Nayeon shouted before hugging her next victim.

'Okay, I can't take care of both, help me with Dahyun, I'll take care of Nayeon' Jeongyeon said to Jihyo, but the girl shook her head.

'It takes two people to help Nayeon, I speak from experience' she didn't have time to finish the sentence that Nayeon was out of control again. 

Jeongyeon wanted to throw hands at her friends at that point, because she wasn't capable to stop them from drinking and doing something stupid like trying to fly out of the window 'okay, we need help' she took her phone and called her roommate

'Jeongie, I love you so much, but it's ing three in the morning! I hope for your safety it is important' Sana was ready to end the call. 

'I need help with Nayeon and Dahyun, they're drunk, like a lot, Jihyo and I can't handle both, Nayeon is a pain in the with her kisses and Dahyun seems ready to jump out the window. You're the only one that can help Dahyun now, please'

Sana sighed, her heart was beating very fast at the thought of Dahyun in that state because of her 'Give me ten minutes' she closed the call and after nine minutes, a clear sign of having pushed hard on the car's accelerator, she rang the doorbell. Jeongyeon seemed calmer than before, with Nayeon hugging her left leg. 

'I'll treat you something delicious, thank you Sana' and then pointed at Dahyun 'keep her safe and don't leave her until she's fine, clear? We have to calm down this monkey' Sana nodded and went beside Dahyun. Her ex girlfriend was watching the city with her sad and red eyes. 

'This is a low blow, Yoo Jeongyeon, I thought you were my best friend' her tone was bitter 'get out of my house, all of you' she seemed sober now, she had recovered all her composure 'I don't need you' 

Jeongyeon was sad for her, but she knew it was the better choice 'Sana, for tonight you're her bodyguard, don't leave her even for a minute, we're taking this idiot for a walk' having said this, she took Nayeon by the hand and the three of them left the house, leaving the chaos behind them. 

 

 

Sana turned off the music and started to clean the mess in the living room, without ceasing to keep an eye on her protégé. Dahyun was watching every move of her temporary bodyguard. 'You never called me to find out how I was' she said sadly 'you left me with a piece of paper' 

Their eyes finally met 'at the party I hoped you would come and talk to me, but you were too busy bickering with Momo. You even danced in front of me as if nothing had happened between us, like I was a stranger for you' 

Sana noticed the dark circles around Dahyun's eyes and how thin she was 'I didn't know you were going to be at the party, you hate parties. You were there for your sister, I was there for Mina, but I had forgotten that her best friend, Momo, likes to disturb me since middle school. I was fighting with her because she noticed the tension between me and you and she wanted to get close to you to provoke me' 

'Got it' Dahyun started searching another bottle of wine and she got irritated when Sana stopped her 'I think you drank enough for tonight. Go to bed now, you need to rest' 

'First point: I'm not drunk' Dahyun stated 'second point: I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want' she held up another finger 'third point: I'll never allow a coward to tell me what to do' she smiled bitterly 'everything's clear, Minatozaki?' 

'I believe you're more drunk than you think, you're not the type who loses her composure, even in front of those you hate the most. C'mon, tell me what you want, I'll listen' Sana sat on the couch, untied her ponytail and started massaging her head: that situation had given her an headache. Dahyun was silent again, it was difficult for her not to hug Sana and was mentally making fun of herself, 'cause she hated physical contacts, but her ex was her safe place and Dahyun wanted more than a conversation. 

'I don't want you here, it hurts to see you' she was ready to cry 'I allowed you to come into my life and you destroyed me. I thought you loved me for real, I was happy around you. But you left me when I was in the hospital and needed you the most, do you have any idea how bad it did? I didn't want to know my sisters because I was afraid of losing them, I turned Jeongyeon away too, because of my broken heart' Dahyun looked up to keep the tears from falling 'I wanna beat her so bad, she had no right to call you' 

'She needed some help, your sister was out of her mind and you.. You weren't even here with your head and it's dangerous. She did the right thing' Sana stood up, approached her and put Dahyun's hair behind her ear 'now you need to sleep, okay? You're doing amazing with your job and your sisters, Jeongy told me everything. I'm so proud of you, if that matters' she gave a small smile. 

Sana was so close that Dahyun couldn't think straight, her thoughts were filled with the girl in front of her. Dahyun rested her cheek on her hand 'kiss me' it was a whisper 'just kiss me, I'm tired of talking' 

Sana was surprised by the sudden request and gesture, but she knew very well if Dahyun was sober she would never ask her for such a thing and kept control, taking her hand away from Dahyun's cheek. 'You would regret it tomorrow and I don't even want to kiss you now, I'm sorry' having said that she took two steps back. Dahyun's heart was hurting a lot and she couldn't keep her tears anymore. She fell to her knees and started crying in sobs. 

Sana was ready to hug her and apologize for everything, but Nayeon and Jihyo were faster and hugged their sister tightly 'it's okay, cry until you'll feel better, we're here' Jihyo continued to whispering in Dahyun's ear. 

Jeongyeon was at the door and was a bit relieved to see her best friend cry after all that time and she thanked Sana with her eyes. Sana wasn't feeling good, her head was spinning. She remembered that she hadn't eaten anything all day and needed to sit down. 

'Okay, you two are fine now and Jihyo is here with you. Sana, let's go home, they need to rest and you too' 

Sana and Dahyun exchanged a long look before the first followed Jeongyeon out of the house. There were too many unspoken things, but fate had something in mind for them.