Changes

What is love?

The next day, around six in the afternoon, Jeongyeon was outside the palace where the three sisters lived, waiting for Nayeon: she was only five minutes late, a real record, when she left the house with a small trolley and got into the car 'sorry for the delay, I was helping Jihyo to choose the photos for an advertisement poster someone commissioned us at the last moment. She really has a lot to think about because of the new project she was involved in and I offered to help her with everything. Anyway, where are you taking me?'

Jeongyeon was looking at the road and smiled 'it's a secret. I advise you to get comfortable, it will take an hour' she the radio and Nayeon started to sing, looking out of the window 'I told you to dress comfortably, I don't think those boots will make your life easy when we're there'

'I'll be fine, it won't be a walk that will make me lose the desire to put on these beautiful boots. Don't worry' she seemed sure of herself 'anyway, as you well know I'm studying to get my driver's license, teach me something' 

Jeongyeon looked at her for a second 'what if instead I ask you to tell me what some road signs are for and I correct you when you make a mistake? It will be easier to memorize the ones you don't know' 

'Good idea, but I won't miss any of them. I'm good at memorizing, even though I've only started a couple of days ago' 

 

Nayeon got almost all of them wrong and Jeongyeon was laughing at her 'don't get your driver's license, you'd be a disaster behind the wheel. Not even Sana has ever taken such pains to memorize anything and we both know how clumsy she can be, I recommend that you pay someone who can drive for you and take you wherever you want. It would be less dangerous for the whole of humanity'

Nayeon pouted, but was happy to see Jeongyeon's smile and did the same. 

 

 

They arrived about ten past seven in the evening and after twenty minutes of walking Nayeon began to complain 'I wanna slap myself in this moment, why the hell did I decide to put on a pair of heeled boots? And why do we have to walk so much?'

Jeongyeon was amused 'I told you, you idiot, and we have to walk because in this little town the passage of cars is forbidden due to the narrow streets, only bicycles are allowed' she laughed when she heard Nayeon snort 'if you want I'll take you, it doesn't take long to get to where we have to dine' she offered.

Nayeon shook her head 'I can walk' she looked around 'there is practically no one around, I'm used to the crowded streets of the city and it has a strange effect on me' Jeongyeon stiffened, she was afraid to hear something bad about that place 'but I like it, it's peaceful' when Nayeon smiled at her all the worry vanished.

'I'm glad you like it, I'm very attached to this place because this is where I came to stay when I started university and the place where I took refuge after dropping out. When Dahyun came to take me away and she offered my current job, her company was just born. I'm really grateful for what I have now, but I like to come here every now and then' it was the first time she had opened up like this to someone, but she knew she could trust Nayeon 'this place feels like home' 

They arrived at a small restaurant and sat down at a table by the window. It was already dark outside and, besides the two of them, there was only a couple of elderly people in the restaurant 'I often ate here, the cook is very good. Can I order for the both of us? I think I know what you might like' Jeongyeon was relaxed as she read the small menu and Nayeon thought she was beautiful 'you're staring, should I feel embarrassed?' 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, but she was smiling 'shut up and order our food, I'm starving'

 

 

During the dinner they talked a lot and there wasn't even a hint of embarrassment in their conversations, even when they talked about Emily, but they started arguing when Jeongyeon paid for both 'you stupid, you already paid for the gas to get here, it was up to me to pay our dinner!' Nayeon complained all the way back to the car to get their bags. Then they walked another ten minutes to arrive at a small guesthouse that was very much like a temple. The structure was old but well maintained and there was a middle aged lady at the entrance reading a romance novel.  

When she saw Jeongyeon the lady almost threw the book 'you have finally deigned to return, my baby' she held her in a strong hug, a little touched 'did you get taller or did my hump get worse? You look like a giant to me' 

Jeongyeon laughed 'hi auntie, I think is your hump, I'm sorry'

'My usual good luck!' Auntie scoffed before looking at Nayeon 'what a beautiful girl' she took Nayeon's cheeks as if she was a child, making her laugh. 

'Auntie, she is Nayeon, don't break her please' 

The lady gave her a mischievous look 'sure honey, you have to be the one to do it' she winked and left Nayeon's red cheeks 'I guess you want the top floor room, you're lucky Jeong, it's free today. There is only a double bed, but I guess that's not a problem for you two' she gave the key to Jeongyeon. 

'How much do we owe you for the night?' Nayeon took out her wallet and almost screamed when Jeongyeon took it from her hands 'what the hell are you doing?' 

'I'll keep it until we get home, try to get it back and see what happens' Nayeon was strongly upset, but she couldn't compete against Jeongyeon and just pouted, letting her pay again and following the girl in their room. 

That room was small, but very welcoming, plus it had a beautiful view from the window. Nayeon took a picture of the landscape and sent it to Jihyo before saying goodnight to her little sisters in their group chat and turning off the phone like every night. 

'Do you like here? It is my favorite place' Jeongyeon was at her side by the window 'I am very pleased to share it with you. I've never brought anyone here because for a special place you need a special person' 

'I love it here and I'm glad I came, your auntie is funny too' Nayeon smiled 'and I really appreciate the fact that you told me all these things about yourself, I know it's not easy for you to talk about your past. It was a really good first date, maybe the best I've ever had' 

They talked for another half hour and took turns showering, after which they went to bed. They lay down away, but Nayeon noticed that Jeongyeon was staring at her and blushed 'if you keep staring at me my beauty will wear out and it would be a great loss to this world' she began to joke, taking advantage of the fact that the dark would have hidden the blush on her cheeks. 

'I want to kiss you, that's why I'm staring' Jeongyeon ammitted smoothly 'can I?' she was getting closer. 

Nayeon covered her face up to her nose 'it's our second first date, there is no kissing on these occasions, you know' her heart was beating fast and she was afraid Jeongyeon might hear it. 

They were closer now: their legs touched and Jeongyeon pulled a lock of hair from Nayeon's forehead 'I know, but I don't care. I've waited long enough to be myself and now I'm determined to get what I want and I want you. Don't get me wrong, I didn't bring you here to have , I did it to allow us to really get to know each other and to make you understand that this time I mean it. I just need a kiss and sleep next to you like last night. I just need you'

After those words Nayeon sat up to kiss her softly and laughed as Jeongyeon pulled her down onto the mattress 'you asked for a kiss, don't be greedy' their lips were still touching and they both had butterflies in their stomachs 'maybe next time, Yoo Jeongyeon' she turned her face to the side and smiled again when Jeongyeon kissed her cheek, whispering that the next time she wouldn't let her desired prey escape. 

They snuggled up to each other and fell asleep like that, hugging each other tightly. 

 

 

 

At the same time Dahyun was still in her office looking for focus, but Sana had been ignoring her from the night before and she was feeling numb. She knew she hadn't been very present in the last period, but she wasn't enjoying working even at night and with people who had no patience or respect. 

'I'm so tired' she murmured, resting her head on the desk for a while. 

She woke up an hour later even more tired than before. She got up from her chair, took her bag and went home 'Jihyo? Are you awake?' she took off her coat and waited for her sister to answer, but it was clear that she was sleeping when she saw her sisters' goodnight messages, so she answered and decided to go and take a shower. She missed Sana, hadn't seen or heard from her for more than twenty-four hours and it seemed like an eternity for her, but Dahyun was tired of texting and calling her stubborn girlfriend without ever getting an answer. 

She took a small box that she kept hidden in the drawer of her bedside table and opened it, observing the two small silver rings she had bought a few days earlier. She knew that Sana needed proof of love and Dahyun wanted to make her happy and let her know that their relationship really mattered to her, but she had waited too long and was in danger of losing the love of her life, her only one. 

She began to think about the changes to be made in her life when a message arrived from Chaeyoung on the group chat 

"Tomorrow night all at my house, I won't accept a refusal because we have to celebrate mine and Mina's engagement properly. Bring everything you need to sleep, none of us will be able to leave my home, I guarantee you"

An evening with the others and Sana would do her good and she answered immediately "I'll be there" and then immediately changed the chat, opening the private one with Chaeyoung, and sending her a vocal message 'regarding the proposal you made me the other day.. Agree, can I come by tomorrow morning? If you're free and I don't bother you' 

Her friend replied after just ten seconds, she too with a vocal message 'sure, you will like it a lot. Trust me' 

It would have been a big change for Dahyun and she was a little anxious, but she needed it and was sure she was in good hands. She felt ready.