The cutting of discord

What is love?

While Dahyun was on her meeting Nayeon stood in front of the mirror with a pair of scissors on her hand, she was undecided whether to cut or not. Maybe making that cut would hurt her after all those years, but in the end she took her long hair and cut without hesitation: a few second ago she had her hair down to her , while now she had it just below her shoulders. She looked at herself in the mirror and then at her hair in the sink 'One less weight, good job Nayeon'

When Nayeon entered the living room Jihyo almost screamed 'what happened to your hair? Did you eat them while you slept?'

'Ah ah, you're so funny' responded the older without enthusiasm 'I want to cancel all negative things, I don't want to look like my mother anymore, it's over'

Jihyo wasn't convinced 'are you sure you didn't do it as a relief valve because of your breakup with Tzuyu?' she her sister's hair.

Sana, who was sleeping on the sofa, awoke and looked at them 'now I understand why you kicked me out of my girlfriend's bed in the middle of the night' she rubbed her eyes and then she spread her arms 'if you want more pampering just ask me'

'I'm good, thank you. Speaking of Dahyun, where is she? She wasn't in the bed'

Jihyo gave to her and Sana a cup of tea and sat down next to the latter 'she left early with Jeongyeon, she had to meet people, I think. Do we all agree that she keeps working too hard? She didn't even want to have breakfast and she got annoyed when I insisted' she pouted.

Sana laughed 'my girl is y when she's annoyed' Nayeon and Jihyo had a disgusted look 'come on, I didn't say anything, erts!' she was giggling.

'Sometimes I wonder how it is possible that you look so innocent and y at the same time, what a mystery' Nayeon shook her head and turned when she heard a laugh.

'What have you done with your hair? It's a totally crooked cut' Jeongyeon was at the door, laughing her off 'is it a new fashion?'

Dahyun stifled her laugh and placed a kiss on Sana's cheek 'don't be mean with my sister or I'll fire you' her smile was huge 'but she's right, there are hairdresser Nayeon'

Sana was sticking to her 'I missed you last night'

Now there were three disgusted look 'guys, the bedroom is over there, you'll make me throw up even my first feed' nobody said anything about Jeongyeon's comment, they all knew she was acting the part of the exaggerated to make Nayeon laugh. It worked and they were relieved.

 

 

 

Nothing happened in the morning, they all had lunch together and Nayeon let Jeongyeon fix her hair 'do you like it?' Jeongyeon ran her hand slowly through Nayeon's hair 'it looks great on you in my opinion'

'I'm satisfied, thank you Jeong' Nayeon gave a small smile in the mirror.

'Dahyun told me what happened, I'm so sorry, but maybe is better this way' she her shoulder 'if you need to talk I'm here, okay?'

Nayeon stood up and hugged her tightly, resting her cheek on her friend's shoulder 'thank you, for being worried and fixing my hair. You are always there for me and I'm really grateful'

Jeongyeon stopped for a moment, thinking what to say, and held her tighter 'You don't have to thank me, even if you're an annoying person I don't like seeing you sad' she smiled when Nayeon pinched her and squeezed her. 

Nayeon felt safe in Jeongyeon's arms, maybe because she was a strong bodyguard, she thought 'I'm worried because I'm sad, but I'm fine. It's not normal after a breakup, right? I should at least feel heartbroken or heavier' 

'You don't love her that way, you already have figured out. This strange sensation will pass' 

 

 

 

Meanwhile in the living room Dahyun was typing quickly on her laptop keyboard, searching some informations about the boss of the person she had encountered that morning: Son Chaeyoung 'whoa, she's rich too' she sipped her chocolate milk and looked at the photos of Chaeyoung's art gallery 'impressive.. Jihyo, look at this!'

Her sister looked at the screen and stole a sip of Dahyun's milk 'I think creative is her second name, she's a genius. I want her in my team, I'm sure Nayeon would certainly agree with me. It would be of great help to have her with us also when it comes to clothes, she has style and her presence is no joke, I remember her at the party' Jihyo was euphoric.

Sana approached them from behind and looked too 'she is Mina's girlfriend, I can assure you she is an honest person who loves her job, just like you' she kissed Dahyun's cheek 'this would be the deal of the Century, you would make many companies tremble'

'I make an appointment right away, I hope she's free as soon as possible' she writes an email and she sent it to Chaeyoung 'I'm excited, I think something fantastic will come out of it'

'What are you talking about? Nayeon sat on Jihyo's lap and looked at the screen in surprise 'I've seen her a few times at dance school, she is Mina's girlfriend. She has a great car, I guess it costs a lot more than yours, little sister' she tugged at Dahyun's cheeks, amused by her annoyed expression.

'Speaking of dance school.. Don't you have rehearsal today?' Jeongyeon asked, watching her wristwatch 'because you're late'

Nayeon's eyes widened 'Momo will kill me!' she ran to her room to get her backpack where she kept everything she needed to survive an afternoon of exhausting dance rehearsal 'which of you gives me a ride?'

'I have to go back to my office, paperwork has piled up that needs my attention' Dahyun said while stretching her back. 

'I also have to go to the company, I have deadlines to meet' Jihyo added.

'And I have to go with Jihyo to learn how to do my job, I don't want to be fired at the start by our handsome Ceo' Sana blinked at an amused Dahyun.

'I can accompany you, the bus would take a long time' Jeongyeon offered, tearing a smile out of Nayeon.

 

 

The ride was silent, Nayeon was lost in thoughts and Jeongyeon didn't want to disturb her, plus she needed to think about what to do: her feelings for the girl sitting next to her were starting to make her feel bad. When they arrived Nayeon greeted her with her usual cheerfulness and her smile remained in Jeongyeon's mind for the rest of the day.

Momo was mad, but when she saw Nayeon's hair she changed her expression 'you're amazing with short hair, wow'

Mina laughed 'you're right Momoring, but you should stop doing this with everyone available' she put on her sneakers, while Tzuyu was silent like always. It wasn't strange like both Nayeon and Tzuyu thought.

'How are you?' Nayeon sat next to her to put on her shoes.

'I'm fine, and you? I like this look on you' Tzuyu smiled sincerely.

'I'm okay, a little bit tired because I slept with my sisters' she tied her shoes 'and thank you, I want to cut all the bad in my life and I decided to start with my hair. So.. About the proposal from the other day.. I think we did the right thing and, even if I don't know why, it's not strange at all to be here talking to you' Nayeon smiled too 'are we friends?'

'Of course' they shook hands and began rehearsing dance with Momo and Mina.

 

The new choreography was hard and required a lot of synchronisation, but they managed to learn half of it before school closed. 

'Shall we all go for a drink together? So we recover from exhaustion and chat for a while' Momo proposed with a smile 'plus, I think we should hang out sometimes, we're seeing each other only for rehearsal' 

Tzuyu seemed undecided 'I should go to study, I have a test tomorrow' 

'Ten minutes? Just the time for a fruit juice' Nayeon gave Tzuyu soft eyes 'and if you want I can help you. What subject is it?' 

They were already walking towards the nearest bar, all four arm in arm 'biology, your favorite' Tzuyu was amused because she knew that Nayeon wasn't capable to understand that subject. 

'Over, I hate that stuff, but I can give you Jihyo's number, she is an absolute genius' 

Momo laughed 'I'm only good at eating and dancing, but you all look like geniuses and I feel out of place' she pouted and leaned on Mina's shoulder while waiting for their fruit juices. 

'I only liked art subjects when I went to school, remember? So I'm not much of a genius either' Mina stated 'and I don't think school grades can define someone's intelligence Momoring' she patted Momo's head with a smile. 

Nayeon was observing the two 'I often ask myself how's possible that you two are friends, you have completely different characters' 

'Back then we were three, Sana completed us' Momo started 'but we got into a fight over a stupid misunderstanding and she left our class, maintaining contact only with Mina' she seemed sad and Mina shook her hand. 

'She loves you, I'm sure about this. I heard her talking about you and Mina with Dahyun. She only said good things about you and added that she misses spending time all three together, but she added that if you try to approach my sister like you did at the party she will kill you' Nayeon gave an amused smile. 

Tzuyu laughed 'you are always so nice to us and to think that the first time I saw you I thought you were the usual unpleasant rich woman makes me feel like a ' 

They all had fun, but after a few minutes Tzuyu left and the three remaining girls decided to go home too. Nayeon was feeling light as air 'perhaps from now on things would go smoothly' she said while walking.

 

 

 

As soon as Momo got home she decided to make a phone call that she had been putting off for days. She clicked the green button and listened to the sound of the phone ringing.

'I don't know who you are or who gave you my number, but I would ask you not to call this number again' Sana's voice was serious, something Momo was used to.

'I'm Momo, I asked Mina for your number. I wanted to call you first, but I didn't have the courage'

Sana was silent for a few seconds 'I know this tone of voice well, what happened?'

The other girl smiled sadly 'even though it's been a long time you know me too well. Are you busy? I would like to talk to you about something that has been tormenting me for days'

'I have nothing to do, I'll get to you right away' she closed the call and hurried to reach her, also bringing something to eat. She knocked on her door and smiled when Momo opened it 'I brought food, I know you're always hungry'

They sat in the kitchen and started eating 'thanks for coming, I need your advice because when it comes to bull you beat me effortlessly'

Sana glared at her 'try to mention what I believe you are referring to and I'll tear off your bangs, I promise you'

'Okay, you don't need to threaten me' Momo rolled her eyes and became serious 'I will say it briefly: I have had with an inexperienced person and I feel different, I can no longer have fun with anyone because she is the one I want. I tried not to think about her, I'm even ignoring her messages, but I can't get her out of my head'

They looked into each other's eyes 'I don't mean to scare you, but it feels like that when you like someone and I'm telling you because that's what happened to me with Dahyun. The step between pleasure and love is really short' Sana took her hand 'what if instead of ignoring her and looking elsewhere, why don't you talk to her?'

'I'm not falling in love, love is not for me. I will never fall in love with anyone and I will remain free to do what I want' Momo seemed determined and Sana could not help but sigh and listen to the complaints of her friend, which had totally ignored what she had just been told.