A total mess

What is love?

The day after the night with the girls Jeongyeon entered into the bar where Dahyun told her to have breakfast together. She found her best friend at their favorite table and sat down in front of her 'morning, sorry for your wait'

'Good morning, I already ordered for the both us, is it black coffee and brioche okay for you? That's what you always order' Dahyun was kinder than usual and even smiled at her. Jeongyeon thought she didn't deserve all that kindness, she was a after all.

'I hurt your sister last night and you're here with me, kinder than always. I don't deserve it, you should be mad at me'

Dahyun looked at her, taking her time before speaking 'I know, I'm mad, but you don't deserve to fight all of this alone, I can take care of both. You're my family too Jeong, don't forget that. Plus, I need to be sure you eat, I don't want a very skinny bodyguard' she took Jeongyeon's hand 'why didn't you tell me you're still suffering because of her? Not even Sana knew you were still suffering this way and you two are living together. We can't help you if you put a wall between us'

Their orders arrived and Dahyun put some sugar on Jeongyeon's coffee, waiting for an answer. 

'I didn't want to bother, you two are my happy place and I don't want to be a burden. We don't spend a lot of time together and I miss the old days, that's why when we are together I try my best to be happy' she took a sip of her coffee 'I really thought to be able to forget her, I'm fine when Nayeon spend time with me but.. She isn't her and I ed up. I can't forgive myself, she was so hurt yesterday, but she encouraged me and told me to stop lying to myself' 

'I'm not gonna lie, she's suffering a lot, but she wants you to feel better' Dahyun was sad but proud of her sister 'she came to sleep with me and Sana tonight, Jihyo too, and when I woke up my girlfriend was cuddling with them. I felt at home, finally, but you weren't there and I don't like when something important is missing. What I'm trying to say is that we are a family, even if you and Nayeon aren't a couple anymore. Don't you dare to stay alone or I'll beat your , Yoo Jeongyeon'

Jeongyeon was a bit relieved and she felt grateful 'I will try, I promise, but not because you threatened to beat me, I can knock you out with a finger' she took a bite of brioche, thinking 'I wanna see Emily, I need to talk with her. Do you think is stupid?' she was so vulnerable that Dahyun's heart tightened. 

'If you need to do it I can't say it's stupid, but you should be careful with her. She always manipulated you' 

They finished their breakfast and leaved together 'you can have a day off, I'm not gonna do something dangerous today' Dahyun patted Jeongyeon's shoulder 'try to clear your mind' 

'I'll do that call, thank you' she hugged Dahyun, surprising her friend who hold her tight. 

'Call me or Sana if you need something, okay? Promise me' Jeongyeon nodded and they went in different directions. 

 

 

 

 

When Dahyun entered in her office Sana was there 'you're finally here, we need your approval for the new ads' she showed her the commercial they just finished editing 'what do you think?' 

Dahyun entered the Ceo mode and her face was straight 'the idea is good, but it's too colourful and I think you should show the product in a better way. It looks like a commercial designed to introduce an actress. You're perfect, but I think the scenes you showed me yesterday would fit better. Tell Jihyo and Nayeon, they should fix this'

Sana was amused 'you're scaring me with that face, but you're right, I'll talk with them' she kissed Dahyun's cheek and went out of her girlfriend's office. 

After twenty minutes Jihyo entered her sister's office, with a pout 'Sana told me everything, you are too mean with us' she crossed her arms and showed the new ads 'tell me if this is better' 

Dahyun nodded 'definitely better, in the other one seemed you wanted to sell my girlfriend instead of the product and I didn't like it at all' 

'Perfect, one less thing to do, jealous and pretentious little sister' she closed her laptop 'how's Jeong?' Jihyo sat on the desk and looked at Dahyun. 

The younger took off her glasses 'she's doing better than I thought, but she wants to call Emily and I'm worried that could hurt her even more. I hope Jeong doesn't fall for it again and that she understands that those are not real feelings' 

When Jihyo was about to answer Nayeon entered the office 'Momo called me, we need to do rehearsal because during the week we have competitions, is it a problem if I leave now?' 

Jihyo hugged her 'you four are too worried, you'll ate all the partecipants without a problem' 

'You can go, but take a taxi please' Dahyun said 'or ask Sana to accompany you' 

Nayeon smiled at her sisters 'I know you want to keep an eye on me, but there is no need because I'm fine. I have to go now or Momo will be the scariest person on Earth, bye bye' she waved at them and left.

 

 

 

 

The rehearsal were a complete disaster: Nayeon kept making mistakes, Tzuyu was too tired because she studied all night, Mina's leg was sore and Momo wanted to kill her friends. 

'We have a competion and at this rate we shouldn't even reveal ourselves that day or we'd make a big figure' she sat on the floor and wiped the sweat off with a towel 'my sister's team is doing well, I hate it' 

'I have exams Momo, I need to study or my parents will stop me from continuing to dance' Tzuyu justified herself and took a sip of water, she was tired. 

Mina sighed 'I hit my leg this morning falling down the stairs, I'm so sorry. I'll go for a checkup at the hospital' she began taking her own things and put them in her backpack and then called Chaeyoung on the phone. 

Nayeon was silent in front of the mirror and started dancing, trying her best not to make mistakes, but without success. She was so frustrated that she threw the towel on the floor. 

Momo looked at her friends with worry 'okay, Mina go to the hospital and let us know what they tell you. Tzuyu, you should sleep, go home, take a shower and go to bed' then pointed at Nayeon 'you stay here with me' 

Nobody objected and Tzuyu and Mina left with their heads down. When they were alone Momo hugged Nayeon from behind 'I know you're trying hard to look good, but I don't fall for it' she hold her tight when Nayeon relaxed a bit 'we can go for a drink if you want or we can just go for a walk' 

'I just need to be hugged for a while' they slowly sat on the floor 'I hope at least Jeong is doing well' her eyes were teary and she looked at the ceiling 'she deserves to be happy after all this time of suffering' 

Momo caressed her head and didn't say anything, she just comforted her friend with love and patience. She knew what her friend was feeling, it was awful to love someone but having to step aside for whatever reason. 

'I'm wasting your time, you should go home and take a shower' Nayeon said after a while. 

'Are you trying to tell me I stink? How dare you?' Momo smirked and began to tickle her. They looked like two little girls, but at least Nayeon was laughing 'ask me for forgiveness and I'll stop' 

Nayeon had tears from too much laughter 'forgive me, queen of dance!' she continued laughing even Momo stopped to tickle her 'my stomach hurts, you exaggerated' 

'It was worth it, you're smiling and laughing' Momo pinched her nose. 

 

 

 

 

While Nayeon and Momo were having fun Jeongyeon was tensed: she was waiting for Emily and she couldn't handle her nervous state. When the doorbell rang she immediately ran to open the door, banging on the coffee table next to the couch. 

Emily smiled at her, amused 'Jeongy, is your leg okay? I heard the bang' she went into the house and took off her coat, looking around 'I like this house, I'm already feeling at home' 

'Take a seat where you want, shall I make some tea?' 

Emily looked at her, ignoring what Jeongyeon had just said to her 'your hair is long now! And you're blonde!' she was shocked 'you finally look like a girl, I'm relieved' 

Jeongyeon didn't know if it was a compliment, but took it as such and tried to smile 'thank you, but I would like to darken them and go brown, this color is too flashy' she was making tea 'you look good too, I like your hair style' 

'I know, I paid the best hairstylist in America for this color and haircut' Emily touched her arm 'wow, you surely are stronger then before, I shouldn't be surprised, Dahyun wouldn't have hired you as a bodyguard otherwise. That brat is smart, I grant it' 

Jeongyeon didn't like that comment 'don't say bad things about her Emily, I'm warning you' 

'Relax babe, I'm joking. Plus, I have an offer for you. A very good one' she smirked 'come work for me, we'll spend a lot of time together. I missed you so much, but I'm a coward and I didn't have the courage to call you, so I waited for you. I knew you wouldn't forget me, the two of us are meant to be together' she had come very close to Jeongyeon as she spoke and her arms 'I love you, sorry for making you wait so long, I was a fool to leave you' 

Jeongyeon's mind stopped working and she let Emily kiss her on the lips. She was happy, but something seemed strange to her: she didn't have butterflies in her stomach like it always did, her heart wasn't beating as fast as she expected and that kiss didn't seem like much. She thought it was because of the surprise of seeing Emily so into her after all that time and she didn't give it too much weight. 

'How about show me how strong you are? Possibly now' Emily whispered on her lips 'I can't wait anymore' she bit her bottom lip and Jeongyeon took her in her arms. 

'As you wish' she turned off the gas and carried Emily to her room. 

 

 

 

A few hours had passed and they were in the bed, Emily with her head on Jeongyeon's arm 'I didn't remember you were that strong, you surprised me. I think I have some bruises' Emily chuckled 'but I forgive you, at least I know you missed me' 

Jeongyeon wasn't listening, she was feeling numb and she could no longer recognize herself, since when she was so aggressive? With Nayeon it had never been like this. Her heart started racing at the thought of Nayeon and she felt pain remembering her smile and the way she used to snuggle up to her after making love. 

She was feeling guilty, but the doorbell rang raused her from her thoughts 'maybe it's Sana, she often forget the keys' Jeongyeon stood up and put on a long shirt before going to open it. She was surprised to find Momo with a pastry tray. 

'Surprise! I know we aren't exactly friends, but I thought you shouldn't be alone in a moment like this' Momo smiled at her 'I asked Sana for the address, I hope you don't mind. Let's eat and talk, you'll be better'

'Momo, I really appreciate this gesture, but this is not the right time' Jeongyeon was feeling anxious, of all the people who could have shown up at her house at that moment Momo was the worst. 

When she heard footsteps behind her Jeongyeon became like stone 'Jeongy, who is she?' Emily hugged her and smiled at Momo 'hi, I'm Emily, nice to meet you' 

Momo noticed that both of their hair was untidy and that they were only wearing a shirt 'how did you say?' she looked at Jeongyeon with a straight face 'stay away from her if you're not going to give her what she deserves? I'm following what you said, but you? You really are a hypocrite, I thought you were better than that. Keep going what you were doing, I'm leaving' she her heels and walked away quickly. 

'What was that crazy talking about? How rude, you should have taught her a lesson' Emily stuck to Jeongyeon 'speaking of lessons, I still have to talk about your new job' she smirked 'you will see that we'll make a lot of money'.