Preparations and lies

What is love?

Chaeyoung was in Jihyo and Nayeon's office and all three were busy making the invitation to the charity party that would be held a few days later and were trying to make it eye-catching.

'I really like the combination of colors, so it is clear that the donations are for the schools' Nayeon took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes 'have we already decided who to invite? I start sending emails with the invitation'

Chaeyoung gently squeezed her shoulder 'I'll take care of sending the invitations, you take a break. You're back today and you're working harder than you should' 

'I agree, we end up here, you go for a coffee' Jihyo smiled at her 'you were really good'

Nayeon smiled at them, left her laptop with Chaeyoung and walked quickly out of the office. It had been over a month since she met her father and she was back in top shape, but this only applied to her physique as her heart ached every time she saw the person who had saved and cared for her for two weeks.

As soon as she started getting better Jeongyeon started ignoring her in every possible way and this made her suffer more every day. At that point she was aware that she had strong feelings for her sister's bodyguard, but her feelings weren't reciprocated.

Nayeon was roused by her thoughts when she bumped into someone, strong enough to make her sit on the ground. She looked up and saw Jeongyeon staring blankly at her, so she decided to reach out for help to get up.

'You can get up on your own, I'm not your helper. Next time look where you put your feet' she made to pass her and keep walking.

Jeongyeon didn't have time to take a step that found Nayeon clinging to her leg 'may I know why you are always treating me this cold way? It hurts me'

The bodyguard reached down and pulled Nayeon's arms off her leg 'I'm very busy, that's all. I have to go to Dahyun now, see you' she put her hands in her pockets and started walking at a brisk and confident pace. She had her heart beating hard in her chest 'I have to get rid of my feelings for you' she whispered before knocking on her boss's office.

 

 

 

Jihyo and Chaeyoung were working hard to get the job done, but the first of the two was distracted when a message arrived.

'It's Momo, right?' Chaeyoung was looking at her 'don't be surprised, I've known her for a long time and it was enough for me to work with you to understand that you are the girl she told me about'

Jihyo looked down 'I'll try not to get distracted, sorry'

The other girl walked over to her and sat down next to her 'I don't care if you take a break every now and then, but I would like to know how you are experiencing this situation. I've already had the version of Momo, but I need yours to be able to understand'

'We're friends, that's all' she forced a smile and resumed typing on the computer keyboard.

Chaeyoung took her hands 'two friends don't have and don't sleep together like you do, are you really sure about what you said?'

Jihyo felt taken aback and wandered around the room with the look 'Momo doesn't want a relationship, she was very clear about that'

'She doesn't want a relationship, but she wants you to be hers, does that seem right? I love her and she's like a sister to me, but I don't approve at all of how she's acting and you're letting her treat you like that. She really cares about you, but she shouldn't be this way around people she cares about'

'You're right, I should start thinking more about me and my feelings' Jihyo took her cell phone and said no to Momo's request to spend the night at her house.

Chaeyoung smiled 'you did the right thing, things must change. However, I was thinking of selling some pieces of my gallery, obviously all the proceeds will be part of my contribution to the schools'

Jihyo smiled in surprise, happy about her proposal and the change of subject 'it's a wonderful idea, if they are precious pieces we could make a small auction so everyone can interact'

They immediately set to work to be able to realize what they had just decided to do and, with Nayeon's help, it took very little time to organize the auction and send the invitations 'here we are, we just have to notify the boss about your idea and the buffet'

 

 

 

 

In Dahyun's office were Jeongyeon and Sana, who were ignoring each other 'you two haven't interacted in days, may I know what happened? The air is always tense when you two are around' 

'Thanks for asking, you need to know that Jeongyeon here is acting stupid and immature'

Jeongyeon shot a fiery glance in Sana's direction before turning her eyes to Dahyun 'I suggest you to tell your girlfriend to be quiet if she cares about having her hair attached to her head'

'You didn't answer my question' the Ceo was impassive and even a little annoyed by the situation 'talk or leave, the choice is yours. I don't have enough time for this'

Sana bit her fingernail 'that's not for me to say, but your best friend doesn't want to be honest with herself and she got mad at me just because I pointed it out to her'

'I get angry because I've never told you how to live your life, I've always limited myself to recommending the best solutions' Jeongyeon rolled up her shirt sleeves to keep her hands busy 'I don't want to be told I'm doing the right thing, I just want some support'

Dahyun watched that discussion without saying anything, but when they finished talking she intervened 'Jeongyeon, I already know everything about what's going on between you and my sister, I'm not blind. I have no intention of meddling because you are both my family, but I can tell you that what you are doing is wrong for the both of you. Nayeon loves you and is grateful for everything you did, so if you really don't want to risk putting your feelings on the table at least try not to hurt her'

The sound of someone knocking on the door made all three of them turn and Nayeon entered immediately afterwards, followed by Jihyo and Chaeyoung 'we have finished sending the invitations and we have rented a villa, look' she showed her some pictures of that villa 'you have to tell us what to order for the buffet and you should give approval for a small auction' Nayeon gave her the paper where they had pinned everything. 

Dahyun smiled while reading 'you were quick. For the buffet you can take whatever you prefer and I totally approve with the idea of doing an auction. When you have done with the preparations, place the ad for the new commercial, we need someone who can dance' she handed the paper to Chaeyoung, who smiled immediately. 

'I can ask Mina, she is the most elegant dancer I've ever seen'

'Momo would be fine too, we can ask both of them' concluded Nayeon with a smile. 

Jihyo hid her face behind Sana's shoulder and sighed softly, it would be hard working with Momo and she was already feeling emotionally broken.

Sana immediately hugged her 'I'll be there with you, I promise' she whispered in her ear, feeling her calm in her arms.

'Since we have decided everything, I would go home. Jeong, will you accompany me?' Nayeon smiled at her hopefully.

Jeongyeon immediately shook her head and got up from the black couch 'I have an urgent commitment, maybe next time' that was a lie and everyone in the office understood it.

Nayeon nodded softly 'thanks anyway' she waved and left the office, trying not to cry and calling Tzuyu in order to invite her and her family at the event.

While Nayeon was talking on the cell phone Jihyo reached her 'let's go home together, I'm done for today too' she smiled at her and her sister nodded, smiling in turn.

'Come to my parents' house if you feel like it' said Tzuyu after hearing Jihyo's voice 'my mother made cheesecake for snack'

'We can never refuse a cheesecake' said Jihyo, having heard everything 'give us some time and we will be there' the two sisters couldn't wait to reach Tzuyu.

 

 

 

When they both finished working Sana dragged her girlfriend to the recently completed mall, which was built for celebrities who didn't want to be disturbed while shopping.

Her intent was to spend time alone with the person she loved without the latter caring about the paparazzi. They could hold hands, smile at each other the way they did when no stranger could see them, and, one thing Sana loved, they could kiss if they felt like it.

'You know I hate shopping and we already have the clothes for the benefit party' Dahyun squeezed her hand tightly, seeking comfort in a place she had never been 'can you explain to me why we are here?'

Sana smiled cheerfully at her 'the dress you chose is black and it isn't okay, we'll find something in another color, everything fits you' they went into a shop specializing in evening and party dresses.

The pout that formed on Dahyun's face clearly showed her disappointment, but her girlfriend didn't even notice and she already had her arms full of clothes all different from each other and in various colors. 

'Try these, I'm sure the chosen one is among them' Sana's smile was so beautiful that Dahyun didn't want to spoil it for any reason, so she took the clothes and tried them on, flipping them all but the last.

'This is comfortable, but I don't like red' she said looking in the mirror and turning to her girlfriend 'I'm going to ask the saleswoman if this dress is available in black'

'Don't you dare even think about it, that's perfect. You are beautiful' Sana was more than happy with the choice 'now change, your personal torture ends here' she winked at her and waited outside the dressing room, taking the dress while Dahyun was busy getting dressed and going to pay.

When Dahyun came out of the dressing room and saw the envelope in Sana's hands she gave an annoyed look 'you shouldn't have paid for it, it costs so much'

'Shut up, I have a salary and I spend it however I want' she kissed her on the lips 'and it's nowhere near expensive when we think about all the gifts you've given me and the times you've paid for me, so stop keeping the sulk or I'll be sad'

She made her eyes soft and Dahyun couldn't resist smiling 'I love you, you know?'

'I am aware of it' Sana's smile expanded 'and the feeling is mutual, Ceo Kim' they started walking. 

Dahyun took her hand as they headed for the car 'not long before the sun goes down, how about having dinner on our bench today? We haven't been there in a long time' she took the driver's seat.

'You still remember it' Sana was a little surprised, but knowing they both loved their first date place made her happy 'of course I do, but know that this time I won't go easy on kissing, I could eat you instead of food' they both laughed and decided what to eat on the way.

 

 

 

Nayeon and Jihyo had spent the whole afternoon at Tzuyu's house, helping Tzuyu study for a while and chatting. Her mother was very friendly with the two sisters and this made them feel at ease.

It was evening when Jihyo took her cell phone, finding a message from Dahyun saying she wasn't coming home for dinner 'tonight it will be you and me at dinner, what do we want to eat?' she looked at her sister. 

Her sister didn't have time to reply that Tzuyu's mother joined them in the living room, wearing her kitchen apron 'how about staying for dinner? The men of the house are busy and we can spend an evening among women only'

'We spent all afternoon here, we wouldn't want to disturb' Nayeon smiled courteously and so did Jihyo.

The woman looked at both of them and smiled 'no trouble, you always do a lot for my little girl and a dinner is the least I can do to thank you and then, let me tell you, good food is good for the heart' she winked and went back to the kitchen.

'Has she convinced you? She may be rich and a little snobbish, but in the kitchen she's hard to beat and she adores you two, so she'll try harder than usual' Tzuyu smiled 'stay here with us, you've spent most of your time helping me study' 

If there were any things the two sisters couldn't resist it was Tzuyu's sweet eyes and good food and, in the end, they stayed there for dinner.