The unexpected

What is love?

In the following days, Nayeon and Jeongyeon, with Dahyun's help, set out to find the perfect apartment for them among those available in the same facility as the one the three sisters currently shared.

They had visited five, but they were not convinced because they both felt that something was missing in each of them; mostly Jeongyeon was difficult to convince, she always found something to contest, whether it was the bathroom tiles or the living room width. 

'They're all beautiful apartments, but if we can't agree we'll never be able to pick one' complained Jeongyeon, sipping a beer on her best friend's couch.

Nayeon sighed, looking away from the laptop and the work she was trying to do in the last period 'it was you who rejected everyone we saw, you don't want to compromise and this is the result. I should be the one complaining, you're wasting my precious time'

The bodyguard pouted 'I haven't changed my apartment for years and I want to have the best for the two of us, so I prefer to take longer than expected but choose well. Just trust me, it's a matter of time and we'll find the perfect apartment for us' 

'You're still sitting here talking, you will never find what you are looking for this way' interjected Dahyun, who was sitting on the couch next to Jeongyeon, with her eyes closed and her arms crossed on the chest. She was very tired, her work had tripled since the scandal and she barely had time to sleep a few hours every now and then.

'Why don't you go get some sleep? I can see that you are exhausted and speaking sincerely you deserve to rest as much as possible' Nayeon was worried about her little sister, feeling guilty for her stress 'soon Sana will be back too, I will tell her to come in your room and keep you company so you will sleep better, everyone knows you like to be hugged while sleeping' 

The blue-haired girl smiled, opening her eyes a little 'I like this plan, I love it when you want to take care of me. I'm the queen here' she got up off the couch with a pleased smile 'I'm going to take a nap, see you later' she smiled at both of them and went to her room, where she immediately collapsed on the bed, exhausted.

Jeongyeon smiled at her girlfriend and opened her arms 'I want cuddles, come here'

'Sometimes you act like a child' Nayeon didn't make her repeat that request a second time and she hurried to throw herself into her arms 'I really like this side of you, it's sweet' 

They exchanged a quick kiss, it was just a peck on the lips, but it was enough to make them smile 'I only behave like this with you, you should feel honored because I am strong and also bad with people'

'I'm really lucky to be your girlfriend because you can cook better than me, you are a respectable bodyguard and sometimes you can also be very sweet' admitted the other girl, blushing a little. 

'Only for these reasons? You forgot that I am very good in bed and that I have a perfect body' Jeongyeon was indignant.

Nayeon rolled her eyes, she was amused because of her girlfriend's face 'I was forgetting about your ego'

'It's an unforgivable mistake and you deserve to be punished' Jeongyeon whispered before kissing her properly.

 

 

 

Jihyo had just gotten off work and, seeing that her girlfriend hadn't written her any message, she decided to visit her at her house.

She had a copy of the house key and as usual she entered without letting her girlfriend know 'Momo, I came by to say hello and to spend some time with you!' she exclaimed with a smile, placing the keys on the cabinet next to the door

The brunette joined her immediately and smiled, a little tired 'hey, I'm sure you're tired and you should rest, you're working too hard lately'

'It seems to me that you are the tired one, what happened?' she her cheek, worried. When Momo had that look on her face it meant she felt uncomfortable and annoyed. 

Momo couldn't answer because two people came out of her kitchen who had physical characteristics in common with the brunette 'don't you introduce your friend to your parents?' the man said.

Jihyo dropped her hand and tensed a little, knowing how anxious her girlfriend was having to talk to her parents about their relationship. She decided not to say anything and to wait for the answer from the girl next to her.

'She is not a friend of mine, she is my girlfriend' said Momo without mincing words and proudly taking her hand 'mom, dad, she is Jihyo'

The Hirai parents passed their gaze between the two girls, disbelief clearly visible in their eyes. Jihyo made a small bow, feeling her cheeks burn with both embarrassment and happiness.

'Your girlfriend? Did I get it right?' her mother asked, shocked by the revelation.

'She is Momo darling, you know she is unable to be in a relationship. That girl is not the first person we see with our daughter' muttered the man near his wife's ear, but not in a low enough voice to prevent the two girls from hearing him.

Momo was as taut as a violin string and her eyes were dull 'out of my house, both of you, unless you act like a serious people. You are the last to judge the way I behave and it frankly pisses me off your reaction. I have a girlfriend, so what?'

Mr. Hirai cleared his throat 'sorry honey, it's just that we're surprised to hear you've decided to be with someone after all your adventures. This is a wonderful news, but we are surprised and it's normal to react in this way' 

'And we want to make sure that you don't hurt her and that you are happy, the opposite has happened too many times' her mother intervened. 

'I assure you that this time it won't end that way, we love each other' Momo said the last sentence with the intention of throwing a dig at them, a little bit angry. 

Jihyo shook her hand, feeling sorry for her girlfriend but also for her parents 'maybe I better go, but I'll be back tomorrow after work, okay?'

Momo's mom spoke to her before her daughter could do it 'I'd like to meet the person who made my little girl fall in love, please stay'

They all went into the living room and sat down without saying a word, so much was their embarrassment. It was Mr. Hirai who broke the ice 'so Jihyo, I know you're famous'

'My sister Dahyun is famous, I am known only because I work for her in the company and because I am her sister, nothing more' the girl replied politely 'so I don't define myself as a famous person'

The woman softened her eyes when she saw her daughter shake her girlfriend's hand in order to reassure her 'maybe you aren't famous, but you are still a special person and I assure you that Momo has never been interested in anyone, so seeing you two so united warms my heart. I can sense that you really love each other and I am happy about it. My little princess finally understood that love exists despite everything'

Momo smiled shyly, lowering her gaze because of her embarrassment and playing with her girlfriend's fingers 'I'm serious about our relationship and I hope to do better every day, to make her happy no matter what. She's my one and only, I'm sure about it'

'Your mother and I are cheering for you honey, love is a wonderful thing and you have to take care of it every single day. Sometimes it is not easy because you have to compromise a lot, but I am sure that, with the right commitment, you will succeed and remain united for a long time or at least this is the feeling you give me just by looking at you'

Everyone in the room smiled and Momo got up to hug her parents: something that she never did since she found out they no longer loved each other but that at that moment she thought necessary. It felt like home. 

She thanked them and quietly promised to improve herself as a daughter too, not just as a person and girlfriend.

 

 

 

The next morning Nayeon was in a particularly good mood and left the apartment with a big smile on her face, not forgetting to go unnoticed as possible, to go to the hairdresser.

She wanted to change her hair color, having a preference for strawberry color and she couldn't wait to see the final result. She was curious and excited, a change would do her good after all the mess that happened to her. 

She felt comfortable walking down the street alone as no one was paying attention to her and she hummed one of her favorite songs, walking with her hands in the pockets of her sweatshirt.

Arriving near the hairdresser's shop, she texted her sisters and then activated airplane mode, a habit she had developed in recent years; when she had to do something she always activated that mode on her phone in order to concentrate in what she had to do. 

A hooded guy stopped in front of her, giving no sign of wanting to let her pass.

'Excuse me, I should go this way and you're taking up the whole sidewalk' Nayeon said calmly and politely 'could you move on for a second? Just the time to let me pass, I'll be very quick'

'My brother won't move, baby doll' another guy positioned himself behind her 'and you won't go anywhere, clear?'

Nayeon didn't have time to realize she was in danger because the newcomer had hit her hard in the head with his motorcycle helmet. It got dark and she couldn't keep her eyes open, fainting soon after.

'Perfect, load her in the car, I'm going to get the bag in which we will put all the money' said the one with the helmet in his hand. He was smiling with satisfaction. 

The other guy nodded 'see you in a while at our base' he took Nayeon on his shoulder and carried her away, being careful not to be seen by prying eyes. They're plan was going on smoothly and they were already deciding what to do with the money. 

 

 

Meanwhile Mr. Im was enjoying sending intimidating and enigmatic messages to some of the girls, including his daughters, saying that someone they care about a lot was in danger.

Emily's plan was to get Dahyun to give her a large sum of money, so that she could split the proceeds immediately after withdrawing it.

He liked that idea very much because it would benefit everyone of their group: he could open restaurants abroad, the two brothers would go to live in another country without having to work anymore and Emily would get her girlfriend back.

It was a perfect plan and he was sure that his youngest daughter would go into crisis, fragile as she was. He smiled wickedly 'let's see how you will react this time, ungrateful daughters'

 

 

Dahyun was the first to read the messages and hastened to call the people closest to her: in the hurry she called Sana first, who was fine and was with Jeongyeon, but that the latter had received the same messages too. Then she called Chaeyoung and she told her she hadn't received any messages.

She took her head in her hands 'think Dahyun, you know Nayeon is at the hairdresser, Jihyo is in her office and the others have answered you and they are fine. What am I missing? Will the threats be real or is it just a stupid joke?'

She bit her fingernail, feeling her anxiety take hold of herself and her stomach twist with fear while she telephoned some of her co-workers who could trace the phone from which those messages had originated.