Proposals

What is love?

It had been a few days since Nayeon and Dahyun got drunk and now Dahyun was back with the one she loved. Nayeon and Jihyo were so happy to see their sister smile so often, she was even working less to spend more time with Sana.

Nayeon was playing on her cellphone when a notification popped up, it was a text from 'Yoda' and she froze because she didn't talk with Tzuyu since the day of the lunch with her family. She clicked on the notification.

"Can we meet today? I need to talk with you"

Nayeon was undecided what to do, but she realized she had exaggerated that day "Sure, tell me when and where"

The reply was fast "Can you come at my apartment now? I don't have lessons" Tzuyu had attached an address. 

Nayeon checked how long it would take to get to that address "Okay, if Jeongyeon can pick me up it'll take me twenty minutes" she stood up and called her friend. 

 

 

Almost an hour later Tzuyu opened the door of her little apartment and found a breathless Nayeon 'sorry for the delay, I came on foot' Nayeon entered the apartment and took off her shoes 'can I have a glass of water?' 

'The kitchen is right there, take what you want' Tzuyu was more detached than usual, a sign she was tense. 

After drinking the water they both sat down on the small couch, embarassed 'I'm sorry for what I said the other day, it wasn't your fault. I am ashamed of my behavior, I was angry and took it out on you. Can you forgive me?' she took Tzuyu's hand. 

'I'm not mad, but relieved. If you hadn't left me, I should have' she looked into Nayeon's eyes 'my parents wanted to test our relationship and I'm sure we both know we aren't meant to be girlfriend' it took her a while to talk, looking for the right words. 

Nayeon nodded 'I agree, now it's all clear to me. They aren't bad at all, right?' 

'Not at all, but they can be very rude if necessary. I'm sorry for what they did to you, if it counts something I want to tell you they have a good opinion of you now and they apologize for treating you that way' 

The other girl looked at her with her eyebrows raised 'thank you, I guess. I know it will be weird at first, but we could stay friends, we have a great relationship and I would hate to lose it. Of course if you agree, I would never force you to be my friend' 

Tzuyu squeezed her hand tightly 'I'm glad to hear you say that, that's what I want too. I can't give up on your help with my homework, I wouldn't make a good impression on projects anymore' 

'You're a pimp disguised as an angel' Nayeon rolled her eyes, amused. 

'My parents want to introduce me to the son of their friend, I think I'm already destined to someone' she had finally managed to tell someone about the combined encounter with what her future boyfriend might have been. 

'Are we living in the 1500s and I didn't know?' Nayeon stood up, a little bit nervous 'you can decide for yourself, they don't command and you're not a doll in their hands. Wake up and stop having ham on your eyes, you have to get respected Tzu' 

'I think you misunderstood me, it was I who agreed to know him. Don't be angry' 

Nayeon sat down next to her again 'then it's fine, although I don't quite agree. Why did you make this decision?' 

'I want to learn to love the right person for me, you should try to do the same' Tzuyu had a serious look 'she is definitely the right person for you'

'Seems right, but who are you talking about?' in Nayeon's mind there was only chaos, she didn't understand where the conversation was going. 

'I'm talking about Jeongyeon, you are made for each other. She is always there for you, even in the night and on her days off. I'm surprised you haven't ended up in bed together yet, considering the tension between you two' Tzuyu immediately regretted saying those words in that accusatory tone, she didn't mean to do it that way 'I know you like her, I'm not blind' 

Nayeon looked shocked, but she recovered and realized that continuing to talk about it would lead to no good 'stop, please, I'm tired of this conversation' she got up and walked back and forth around the room, thinking about the words Tzuyu had just told her. Was it true? She wasn't sure. 

When they both noticed they had nothing more to say to each other, Nayeon left without looking back. For now they only had memories to keep them company, but deep down they both felt better, just a little bit. It was strange, how could a breakup do bad and good at the same time? Nayeon couldn't understand it. 

 

 

 

The next day Dahyun got up early, covered Nayeon well, and left the room after getting ready for work. That day she had to meet an employee sent by someone who absolutely wanted to make her a proposal.

In the living room, asleep on the couch, was Sana, who had been thrown out of Dahyun's bed during the night by her older sister. Dahyun kissed her forehead and tucked her blankets into her before going to the kitchen to have a glass of water.

Jihyo was lazily leaning on the table with her chin and staring at the cell phone screen, she looked sad.

'What are you doing awake at this time? Go back to sleep' Dahyun patted her sister's head and took a bottle of water.

'I'm not sleepy and I should be scolding you, you're ready to go to work'

The younger shrugged 'I have so many things to do today, I prefer to start early and come back for lunch. Go get into bed next to Nayeon, now it's your turn to give her some cuddles'

'Before we have breakfast, I can't let you go to work on an empty stomach' when Dahyun told her she wasn't hungry they started arguing about how important it was to have breakfast and it ended up that Dahyun left nervously, leaving her sister sulking.

Jihyo looked again at the mobile screen 'you are all too unfriendly with me' she murmured staring at her chat with Momo and re-reading the messages to which the latter had not replied 'it was a stupid mistake, you are an idiot' she said to herself, holding back the tears of despair.

She decided to write more messages, she didn't want to let Momo think she could behave like that, but she stopped before sending. She realized that Momo had told her several times that there was only , but Jihyo believed that there was at least a friendship between them.

For Jihyo, on the other hand, it wasn't just casual . She did nothing but think about what Momo had made her feel, both physically and sentimentally 'you are really stupid, you are falling in love with a person who will never want you' she murmured, putting down her cell phone.

She got up from her chair and went to Dahyun's room, finding Nayeon sleeping like a starfish. She lifted one side of the blanket and crawled into bed, pushing her sister to make room 'go farther, you're too heavy to be pushed'

Nayeon snorted and shifted 'I'm a dancer and I'm light as a feather, don't forget that' she mumbled the words, she was half asleep.

Jihyo giggled and hugged her sister's 'if you're light then I'm the best singer in the world'

'You already are as far as I'm concerned, you have a wonderful voice' Nayeon immediately snuggled into her arms 'I'm still sleepy, sing something'

After a few seconds Jihyo was singing a song that Momo had suggested her to listen to before their relationship drifted and they both ended up falling asleep.

 

 

 

Arrived at the office Dahyun realized that she had exaggerated to get nervous and sent a selfie in the private chat with Jihyo, in which she had her little lip sticking out "I was mean a little while ago, can you forgive me?"

The reply to that message came a few minutes later "considering you woke me up, I only forgive you if you have breakfast"

"Okay boss, I open my personal cupboard and make myself a coffee" she got up from her chair, took some chocolate snacks and made herself a coffee, sending the photo of her breakfast to Jihyo, who replied with a selfie in which she smiled while hugging a sleepy Nayeon. 

Dahyun was smiling when she felt tapped on her shoulder 'since when do you take pictures of the things you eat?' Jeongyeon asked, eyebrows raised upward 'you've been getting weird lately' 

'I was sending proof of my breakfast to Jihyo, since my sisters live with me they don't let me skip meals' she sat up and started eating, sharing everything with her best friend.

They ate in silence for a while, without any embarrassment, after which Dahyun started talking 'when we get to my apartment try not to mention Tzuyu and not to make Nayeon nervous, yesterday they broke up and she is in a bad mood'

Jeongyeon looked at her in surprise 'I'm sorry, they looked good together'

'They were fine like you and me, like you and Sana and so on, but they weren't fine as a couple. They understood it and I think they made the best decision, I hope they manage not to lose their friendship, Nayeon really cares about their relationship'

The other girl nodded 'I'll be careful not to say anything that could hurt her. Anyway now you have a meeting with a guy with more perfume on than hair, breathe in slowly or all that perfume will burn your nose' she got up, cleaned the desk and went to the gym to train, thinking about how to cheer Nayeon.

 

 

Jeongyeon had not lied about the use that the person who absolutely wanted to know Dahyun made of the perfume, not even Jihyo could compete with him.

The office immediately smelled of the strong masculine scent and Dahyun almost trembled at the thought that Sana could smell it on her as soon as she got home 'she's going to kill me or lock me in my room all day, although the second option wouldn't be too bad' she muttered to herself.

The man cleared his throat and placed a small business card on the desk, decorated with special designs and on which there was a telephone number, an email address and social profiles.

'I came here in the place of my boss, Son Chaeyoung, to make proposals on behalf of you. She would have liked to be there today, but she has had some surprises in some of her shops' his nervousness was evident from the way he talked.

'I listen to you, you can sit in the chair and make yourself comfortable' her words were calm, her straight face was the real problem 'I know I look mean, but it's my expression when I'm normal, so relax or I'll be offended'

The guy adjusted his tie and sat up 'I apologize for my rudeness, I'm really sorry. Going back to my boss's proposal, her requests are really simple. She would like to affiliate her art gallery and fashion brand with this agency, so that you can support each other in things that the two of you will then discuss together'

'These are really interesting proposals, can I have some time to think about them? I would like to find out more first to realize what I was offered' Dahyun was turning the business card in her hands 'and I would like to know your boss first, caution is never too much in these cases'

The man nodded and stood up after shaking her hand 'I'll report everything to my boss as soon as I can meet her. Many thanks for taking the time to listen to me'

When the man left the office he breathed a sigh of relief 'when I graduated I had less anxiety'