From the stars to the estables

What is love?

Saturday arrived very fast and Dahyun had been cooking since six in the afternoon: she had prepared the most disparate dishes with various types of fish. She made sure she only took things that Sana liked and asked Jeongyeon for help with her shopping. The reaction of the supermarket cashier when she saw Dahyun at the checkout was priceless, was it so unusual to see a Ceo go shopping?

She was really excited about that night and wanted everything to be perfect. She had never felt such a strong interest in someone and it scared her a lot, but she had decided not to think about it and to enjoy the moments she spent with Sana. Every time she tought of that clumsy her heartbeat started to speed up and her cheeks were on fire. Was she falling in love with her? Dahyun didn't know, it was all so new that she felt like a girl with her first crush, even though it was actually like that.

She had just finished setting the table when she heard the sound of the doorbell and hurried to open it. Sana smiled at her and giggled like always 'good evening, is this the home of the fearsome Ceo of the Kim company?' 

Dahyun gave an amused smile 'you are in the right place, please enter' she stepped aside to let her in, but Sana put her arms around her neck and gave her a kiss. 

'I've been waiting for this moment all day, I missed you today and I never thought having a day off work would make me sad and bored' Sana smiled and looked around: the living room they were in was quite spacious but a little bare if you didn't count the huge TV attached to the wall in front of the equally huge couch 'do we have time for a tour of your home? Although I fell in love with the TV and that's enough to make me love this place' 

Dahyun shook her hand and she first took her to see the modern kitchen full of the latest generation appliance and which had a giant peninsula in the middle, set up with so much care that Sana's heart was doing somersaults in her chest 'it looks like one of those kitchens you see in television programs, I advise you never to allow me to cook because I could destroy and burn everything' 

'There was no need to tell me, Jeongyeon always tells me about your culinary disasters' Dahyun smiled in amusement and took her to see the bathroom, the two guest bedrooms and finally her bedroom 'as I think you have noticed there is a bathroom for each room, but the highlight of this house is the view from the window' she pulled aside a curtain and made her look out 'sometimes taking the elevator is a hassle, but this view is really worth it' 

Sana was looking at everything with curiosity 'I was expecting a huge house, I have to be honest, but I admit it suits you. I like it very much' 

'I live alone, a house that is too big would make me feel out of place. But now let's go eat or everything will get cold and that's not what I want' 

 

They sat down to eat, talking about all sorts of things and how Sana's training was going 'I am already in perfect shape, I think my abs are about to grow too. I told you I'd become better than Jeongyeon' she was proud of herself 'anyway, everything is very good, you cook divinely' 

'Have you ever managed to beat her? If the answer is no then you still have a long way to go to overcome her' Dahyun was amused 'thanks for the compliments, I did my best' 

 

After dinner they cleaned together and in that short time Sana had managed to break a plate and two glasses while she was washing them. She was very apologetic, but Dahyun didn't seem to care at all about the objects she broke, she was worried that Sana might have been hurt. 

'I wonder how you manage to have all this patience, Jeong would have killed me in your place' Sana giggled. 

'I could never kill you, we still have too many things to do' her tone was serious, but the way Dahyun was looking at her made Sana shiver with excitement. She took the initiative and kissed Sana first on the cheek and then on the lips, but she kissed her there for a short time before going down to kiss her on the neck. 

Sana was pleasantly surprised and bit her bottom lip 'you're right, we have several things to do' she took Dahyun's chin and made her lift her head so she could kiss her on the lips. It was a different kiss from all those they had given each other: it was passionate and overwhelming, so much that they found themselves glued to each other within a few seconds. 

Dahyun broke away from Sana and looked at her a little surprised, it had never happened to her that she didn't even realize what she was doing. 

'If you don't feel like it, no problem, I'm more than satisfied' Sana said with a sincere smile. 

'Don't be ridiculous, I was just thinking the kitchen isn't the right place' she had recovered all her composure and had her usual straight face 'I've never allowed anyone here, but I know I can trust you, so I want us to go to my room' her cheeks were red. 

Sana smiled again 'I feel honored' she replied before taking her hand and running to Dahyun's room. 

It wasn't long before their clothes all landed on the floor and the room became an accomplice to the beginning of their love. 

 

 

Sana and Dahyun had known each other for three months and had started dating for two. Their relationship was booming and the passion was never lacking despite the many commitments of both, plus they had started to consider themselves girlfriends in all respects and spent a lot of time together. They were very happy and in love and Jeongyeon couldn't be happier, in fact she hated to death her role as bodyguard when she had to make recommendations to Sana before leaving. 

'Remember the rules: don't take your eyes off Dahyun, never let your guard down and if someone gets too close get in the way' she said as she adjusted Sana's black tie 'don't be silly and most importantly don't make it clear that you are in a relationship with her, it would put Dahyun in a bad position' 

Sana nodded and put on her jacket 'I'm ready Jeong, now go, your sister is waiting for you. Have fun and for a while pretend you don't have two friends who always worry you' they embraced and then Jeongyeon looked at Dahyun, who was fighting with her shoes. 

'You hate them right? They don't seem comfortable at all' she helped her best friend up 'it makes me strange to see you in a non-black dress, Sana is really changing you' 

Dahyun smiled shily 'maybe she's influencing me a little bit, but this is still a very dark blue. I don't like the neckline on the back though, it makes me uncomfortable' 

Jeongyeon arranged her loose hair so that it covered her back a little 'better, now you're both ready for the party. Behave yourself, I'll be back tomorrow night' she hugged her friend's another time before joining her sister in the car and leaving. 

'Are you ready, boss?' Sana asked with a smile, extending her arm to allow Dahyun to lean on it.

Dahyun did so immediately, it was difficult for her to walk to the car in those shoes 'I'm ready, but I can't wait to go home' she got into the car with Sana's help, sitting in the back seat. 

As Sana was driving, a question took shape in Dahyun's mind 'can I ask you a question?' she waited for a sign of agreement before continuing 'what is love? I wanna know' 

Sana seemed to think about it carefully 'in my opinion, love is what you feel when you think often of someone. Loving means wanting that person's good, you want to see her smile and when she suffers you do too. You realize you love someone the moment having her next to you makes you feel good and makes you feel the famous butterflies in your stomach, but when she's not there you miss her and can't wait to see her again. You'd do anything for her if she had to ask. I think love is something special and hard to describe Dahyun, but why are you asking me that?'

That answer described perfectly Dahyun's feelings towards her temporary bodyguard and her heart was starting to beat faster 'I wanted to know, I've never tried certain things before and I was curious' she looked out the window and decided to tell her everything after the event. 

 

 

The hall that had been rented for the charity event was huge and hosted many important and money-loaded people. There was plenty of food, endless drinks and everything was prepared with extreme care. In Dahyun's eyes it was all too colourful and tacky, but Sana, unlike her, had heart-shaped eyes, especially for the fountain in the middle of the room. 

'I have to greet as many people as possible or insults will start coming to me from all sides because of my rudeness. If you want you can take a walk around the room and eat something, see you in a while' 

Sana did as she was told and got something to eat, still keeping an eye on Dahyun and unaware she was being watched. 

'Her usual bodyguard isn't with her and the new one doesn't seem a very bright person to me, I think we have finally found our chance' a misterious guy spoke to his walkie talkie 'I distract that idiot, you do what you have to' he walked over to Sana and smiled at her angelically. 

'Do you need something?' she said with a forced smile. 

'Nothing, but I noticed that you really like the fountain. You know, I designed and built it myself, it has a story behind it. Do you want to hear it? I wish I could share this anecdote with someone who appreciates my creation' 

Sana looked to where Dahyun was: she was busy talking to a group of people with serious faces, so she was totally safe 'sure, I love this kind of things' they approached the fountain and the guy began to tell her the story from the very beginning, catching all of her attention. 

At the same time another guy had entered the room and was positioned in a place where no one would have noticed him 'I'm ready, in ten seconds we'll run away' he spoke to his walkie talkie like the guy who was busy talking with Sana 'ten, nine, eight' he started counting. 

The black haired guy who was talking with Sana smiled ominously and she was curious 'why do I hear a countdown? Is it your cellphone ringtone?' as soon as she finished the sentence the sound of a shot boomed in the room, frightening her and all the people present. 

Panic broke out: there were people running away, those screaming and crying with fear and those instead gathering around something. Sana looked for the guy she was talking to earlier, but he was gone and she flinched when she heard someone yelling for an ambulance. She ran to find Dahyun and found her on the ground, white as a sheet, and with her bloody hand just under her chest. 

'Dahyun!' she screamed before falling to her knees beside Dahyun and taking her hand away from the huge red patch that was forming on her dress 'hurry up and call a ing ambulance!' she pressed her hands to the wound to try to slow the flow of blood 'stay with me, everything will be fine. Dahyun, don't close your eyes, the ambulance is on its way. Please' she was crying and what happened after the ambulance arrived was blurry in her head. 

 

She roused herself when a phone call came and she began to cry again to hear Jeongyeon's voice asking her what had happened at the event because she was watching an extraordinary edition of the news and none of the journalists present were clarifying the situation 'I ed up, forgive me Jeong. I was distracted' 

Those words and the way Sana was crying was enough to make Jeongyeon understand everything 'I'm on my way to the hospital' she closed the call, leaving Sana alone with her guilt and Dahyun's blood on her hands.