The wedding day

What is love?

Spring had arrived, and with it had also come Mina and Chaeyoung's wedding day. The two brides were no longer in the skin and had butterflies in their stomachs at the very thought of the great step they were about to take.

They had decided by mutual agreement to celebrate the ceremony dressed both in a white dress, while the rest of the day they would wear what they preferred most: a more comfortable dress for Mina and an elegant suit for Chaeyoung, so that they could express their personalities.

Not being able to get married in church they had organized everything in an immense green expanse full of beautiful flowers. They had decorated each table with different flowers, thanks to Jihyo's invaluable help.

Thinking about it, their friends had helped a lot during the preparations, working hard to make everything perfect and as the brides had dreamed of.

The guests were all gathering on the benches that had been arranged like a church in front of the altar and Chaeyoung, being the one who was waiting on the small rise they had set up for the photos, smiled at her friends, but above all at Jeongyeon 'Yoo Jeongyeon, you finally put on a dress! You are divinely my friend, you have very beautiful legs!' she screamed from her position.

The bodyguard gave her the middle finger, smiling amused. She felt a little uncomfortable, but the dreaming eyes of her girlfriend, that had been looking at her all morning, had convinced her not to change her dress.

'I'm too nervous, my hands are sweating' Nayeon was high and bouncing from foot to foot like a child 'when Mina arrives? She just likes to be waited'

'You are not the one who has to get married, calm down' Jihyo had just finished checking that her long ponytail was still perfect and checked that her camera was on 'stand next to Jeongyeon, I'll take a picture of you two'

They quickly did what was requested and the photographer of the day spent the remaining time before the ceremony photographing friends, relatives and floral decorations. She smiled at her girlfriend, photographing her from afar as she was standing next to Chaeyoung.

When the second bride arrived, all the guests got up from the benches and looked in the direction of Mina, who seemed to come directly from a Japanese anime from how beautiful she was, with her shy smile and two small curls framing her face.

Chaeyoung had stopped acting like a fool and was turning all her attention to the person she loved, smiling excitedly and patiently waiting for Mina's father to accompany her girlfriend to her.

They immediately joined hands, intertwining their fingers and looking at the priest who had agreed to marry them, who motioned everyone present to sit down and began the ceremony.

The two girls had specifically requested a short but intense ceremony, so it was soon time to exchange rings.

'If you want to say something you can do it' the priest invited them with a smile 'anything to seal this moment will be fine'

Chaeyoung smiled and took the ring first, giving Mina time to digest and find something to say. She took her left hand, smiling 'it may seem strange to you, but the first time I saw you at school I knew this day would come, I knew you would be mine. It wasn't easy for us and there were times when we thought about ending our relationship; I am happy to have held firm, not to have let you go despite the difficulties. I am grateful to have met you and to be the person you wake up next to every morning, the one you shared all your first experiences with and the one you are marrying right now. I am a bit of an extravagant and strange person, but you have accepted me for who I am and you have never made me weigh my way of being despite being so different from yours. You entered my life on tiptoe and then you remained there with the same arrogance as hail and I thank you infinitely for it. From today you will be my wife and I can't wait to start this new adventure with you. I love you more every day' she placed the wedding ring on her finger, kissing her hand immediately afterwards and closing her eyes to hold back the tears.

Mina was shaking with excitement, but she didn't hold back and emulated what the shorter girl had just done 'I'm not as good as you at talking, but I'll give it a try' she chuckled, something she had always done in her moments of embarrassment 'first of all I want to thank you for everything you have done and what you do for me everyday, thanks to you I have learned to be myself and to get out of the cage in which I was locked up by myself. I fell in love with you gradually, learning to know you day by day, learning to love you more and more. I too am happy not to have given up, not to have put a point on our relationship. I still remember when you came to my house during a family dinner, screaming that you were in love with me and running away after my scoldings. It was at that moment that my eyes really opened, making me see reality, and it was thanks to that impulsive gesture of yours that I am now here, in front of the people I love most and in front of you who are my only love. I hope to make you happy and to be the person you deserve to have by your side' she put the wedding ring on her finger, always trembling with emotion.

'Priest, can I kiss her? I'm tired of waiting' Chaeyoung had shining eyes 'if you don't give me permission I'll do it anyway'

The guests laughed at that statement, all knowing that the girl would really do it. The priest smiled in amusement and gave her the green light, officially declaring them married people during their passionate kiss.

The guests stood up, applauding the two newlyweds with joy. Sana and Momo walked away from the two of them to give Jihyo the chance to take some nice photos of the moment.

'Long live the brides!' many shouted.

 

 

 

While the two brides had gone to change, the guests were all gathered near long tables where there were various types of food, starting from the most elaborate to the simplest, and some were already seated at their tables.

Momo and Sana were busy greeting old acquaintances, friends they shared in high school, and the parents of the two brides.

The other girls had been waiting in a slightly more secluded spot: Jihyo was busy looking at the photos she had taken, listening to the constant compliments of Tzuyu, Dahyun and Jeongyeon felt a little uncomfortable and Nayeon had just finished crying for the emotion.

'My makeup is fine, right?' she asked looking at her sister 'tell me I don't look like a panda'

'You look great, your fixation on expensive makeup saved you this time' Dahyun smiled in amusement 'but you should stop crying, crybaby'

The eldest pouted 'you're always so disrespectful to me'

The blue-haired girl was about to retort when she found her girl's arms around the waist 'come with me, my parents want to meet you'

This explains the reason for the tension she felt, even though she didn't know that her in-laws were also there. She let herself be pulled in the direction of the two adults and made a small bow to greet them.

'You are the girl who telephoned me and told me she was madly in love with my daughter, I found you adorable' Ms. Minatozaki told her 'you are more beautiful live than on TV'

'Honey, don't embarrass her' the man interjected with a smile 'forgive her, but at least you can see who Sana looks like'

Dahyun immediately felt less tense in front of those two kind faces very similar to those of the person she loved, so she was able to start a conversation with them.

After a few minutes Sana walked away from them to greet other guests and her mother took the ball 'thank you for taking care of her, she always speaks very highly of you and I couldn't be happier than that'

'She takes great care of me too, I really mean it' she smiled, turning serious soon after 'I wanted to ask you, since you are her parents, if it could be a problem for you if I asked her to marry me. I have been thinking about it for a while and I have already bought the ring, but I think it is correct to ask you too since you don't know me'

The two parents looked at each other with their mouths and eyes wide open in surprise 'this is such a good news!' Sana's father seemed more excited than his wife 'you make her happy, of course we agree. Have you already decided when to propose to her?' 

'Not yet, I would like to find the right time first. It must be special' the girl had red cheeks and a shy smile 'now that I have your approval I can decide when to propose to her'

 

 

Tzuyu was too hungry and she didn't have the patience to wait for the two brides to return and she decided to nibble something to eat, but she was undecided about what to choose.

'You have been standing in front of this table for five minutes, if you are undecided take a little of everything' a girl with long red hair pointed to some appetizers 'I would bet on those, so you would not spoil your appetite'

A single glance was enough for Tzuyu to understand who that girl was 'are you Mina's sister?'

'It's me and I bet you're Tzuyu, Mina often talked to me about you' she smiled kindly 'you are more beautiful than she described you, I should give her a lecture'

The tallest of the two had flushed cheeks 'are you flirting with me?'

'If you are single yes, but if you have someone I will pretend that I have approached you to advise you on what to eat. You know how it is, I manage several restaurants around the world and I know what you might like and what you don't'

Tzuyu laughed, covering with her hand 'you are the exact opposite of your sister'

Sharon made an angelic face and put her little lip 'does that mean you don't want to know me and you won't accept my invitation to have a coffee?'

'Give me your number' she gave her the cell phone, smiling shyly 'I'll think whether to accept your proposal or not'

The girl with the red hair smiled and typed in her number, memorizing it 'think about it, I'll wait for you' she winked at her, pointed again to the appetizers on the table and left to greet and scold some relatives who had just arrived and were therefore late.

Tzuyu looked at the screen of her cellphone and saw that Sharon had memorized her own number by writing "my girlfriend" with a red heart next to it, and she smiled embarrassed 'I see that she already has plans for the two of us'

 

 

 

The lunch went great and not even a little food was left over, to the great joy of the brides who had chosen everything with great care to please all the guests.

The weather was fantastic and Jihyo indulged with photos, making all kinds of photos for each guest.

'Hey babe, do you have some time for your girlfriend?' Momo posed in front of her 'or do I have to be a model to get my girlfriend's attention?'

'Don't move and smile, you're gorgeous' the other girl snapped a couple of photos, smiling happily when she saw the result 'perfect, can you call Sana? I took very few pictures of her'

'You don't even have one, come here and have your picture taken with me' she stopped Sharon 'can you take a picture of us? I remember you were very good at photography' 

The red-haired girl smiled and gently took the camera 'I'll take care of it, strike a pose' she took some pictures of them, proving professional, before turning the lens towards Tzuyu and taking a picture of her secretly.

The two girlfriends giggled at that gesture and Momo spoke up 'do you like Tzuyu?'

'Maybe, who knows' Sharon returned the camera to Jihyo, smiling 'if a like you has such a beautiful girlfriend I might as well like a beauty like Tzuyu'

Jihyo laughed, noting that her girlfriend was not offended and that she was amused by the situation 'to me she is like a sister, if you want to get close to her treat her well, okay?'

'I promise, we Myoui fall in love in a short time and with only one person' she smiled and left them alone to go and fill her sister with kisses on her cheeks.

Momo nodded 'I confirm that it's true, they never change partners in that family'

'So let's take an example from them' Jihyo gave her a sweet and brief kiss, smiling when the brunette tried to kiss her passionately 'not here, you will kiss me later'

'Come on, brides are the ones who have to wait before having fun!' Momo pouted and started to argue again, but she was interrupted by Chaeyoung shouting that her wife was about to throw the bouquet and stopped to look 'who knows who it will be'

Mina turned her back to the small crowd of people that had formed for the bouquet toss and she counted to three before tossing it hard upward.

The people grouped behind her waved to take it, but against all odds the object thrown landed on Sana's legs, who had been sitting at the table with the others.

As soon as she realized it she immediately looked at Dahyun, smiling quietly amused 'don't worry, I don't believe in these things'

Chaeyoung picked up the microphone again 'important notice: Mina and I would like another good reason to celebrate, so the person I'm referring to would do well to get their asses up'

Dahyun understood what her friend was referring to, but she ignored it and waited a few minutes to get up and pretend to go to the bathroom. She went into the car and, in a well hidden place, took the box that contained the ring 'I can't believe what I'm about to do, I hate you Chae'

She went back to the others and took Sana's hand. Can we get away for a second? I have to tell you something'

Chaeyoung immediately interjected 'no my friend, you tell her here' she was smiling radiantly 'I assure you it will be worth it'

Their group had already assembled, forming a small circle and urging Dahyun to propose to Sana.

'Okay, I'll do it here'

'Why are you so pale? It's a bad thing?' Sana immediately worried 'are you not feeling well?'

Dahyun shook her head slowly and smiled sweetly at her before taking her hands 'I realized I'm madly in love with you, even if my apartment is always in danger of going up in flames because of you' there was a chorus of laughter 'you are one of the best people I have ever met and it is surely thanks to you that I stopped being a cold and detached person. Oh my God, my hands are sweating' she stopped holding her girlfriend's hands and took a step back 'once you asked me if I would ever marry you and I said no without even thinking about it, but I thought about it and I would like to answer you in this way' she took the small box from her purse before giving it again to Nayeon and turned it over in her fingers 'I want to answer you by asking you to marry me'

Sana was looking at her in disbelief, throwing glances at the other girls in their group to be sure that it was all true and as soon as she had the confirmation, seeing them cry, she did too, very excited 'I don't believe it, you made me the proposal in front of everyone' she wiped her cheeks, giving herself a demeanor that at that moment didn't have 'yes, I want to marry you!'

Dahyun found herself crushed in the arms of her girlfriend, who filled her face with kisses and then with lipstick molds, but she didn't care because she was too happy. After putting the ring on her finger, they exchanged a quick kiss, receiving several applause and congratulations, especially from Sana's parents.

After toasting and eating the cake, the brides decided they wanted to hear the singing skills of their guests using karaoke. Among all those people there were really good people and even Sharon had sung something, always glancing in Tzuyu's direction.

The younger was flattered by the attention and she thought that Mina's sister was really charming. She was more and more determined to accept her proposal to have a coffee together.

After several songs Jihyo put down her glass and looked at Nayeon 'now you and I are going to sing, I don't accept a refusal'

The eldest immediately grabbed her girlfriend's arm 'absolutely not, I'm ashamed'

'You are not ashamed to dance half in front of a camera and I assure yoy this is nothing in comparison. Get up and choose the song' 

Jeongyeon smiled 'I'd love to hear you sing for real, you only hum when we're in the car'

'Okay, I'll sing, but if I get out of tune don't blame me' she let herself be pulled onto the small stage and chose a song from a famous Ost, sung by a group of famous girls of the moment called Twice.

They sang with their eyes always turned to their girls and many people including Sharon and Tzuyu had started dancing in pairs, but with that song they transmitted the various meanings of love, which didn't know only one way.

 

 

 

 

~~~

This is the penultimate chapter of the story and I am both sad and excited because of it. This story has pretty much reached its end and I hope I have done a good job and that you enjoyed it. - 1!