What is love?

What is love?

Two years had passed since the wedding day and many things had changed in the girls' lives, especially in that of Chaeyoung and Mina. The first of the two was brilliantly managing one of the restaurants of the Im family and had enlarged her art gallery to be able to teach everything related to her greatest passion; the other instead taught ballet in the school she was running with Jihyo and Momo and was now in her sixth month of pregnancy.

Her belly looked a lot like a basketball, so much so that it attracted anyone's attention, but if it was adorable, Mina's mood swings couldn't be defined as such.

Mina was a very sweet and quiet girl, but there were times when she became loud and sometimes aggressive, wanting to have the food she craved the moment she requested it. One night she had thrown her wife from their bed only because the younger, very tired from her work, hadn't told her about her day and had limited herself to giving her a chaste kiss on the lips and one on her round belly. 

Then there were moments when she became the sweetest and most affectionate person in the world, hugging the first person who passed her: once she had held Tzuyu in her arms for more than half an hour, emphasizing how her perfume made her feel calm. Needless to say, Chaeyoung had stocked up on the aforementioned perfume the next day; she would do anything to keep calm the beast that resided in her wife.

Despite everything, they all found her adorable and always did what they could to satisfy her every need, competing to see who would be the godmothers of the child who would be born in three months. The truth is that the two brides hadn't yet decided anything about it and were always doing their best to change the subject.

Chaeyoung was very attentive to everything and, despite her busy schedule, she always went by to check that her wife didn't get tired while teaching to her students, bringing her food and following some of her lessons.

The girl entered the ballroom with a huge bag full of food 'good morning my love, disturbance?' she smiled at her wife.

'You never bother, especially when you bring me food' Mina replied, peering into the envelope.

'Eat all you want, I bought the best for you and our little girl' she leaned down to give a light kiss on her belly 'hello little one, are you doing well today?'

Mina was already eating with shining eyes 'today she is sleeping a lot, she wakes up only to make me run to pee. This morning I almost peed on my chair, but Momo and Jihyo carried me to the bathroom just in time' 

'It was a real effort to carry you, you weigh a ton' Momo had entered hand in hand with her girlfriend 'but for my granddaughter I would do anything'

Seeing Mina's grim face and the terror in Chaeyoung's eyes, Jihyo stepped on the brunette's foot 'don't be rude, I felt like I told you to stop commenting on her weight'

Momo swore in a low voice for her pain 'since you started training with Jeongyeon you have become violent and I admit that in our bed I don't mind that, but I would like you to stop trying to eliminate me'

'How I miss ' Mina had full of food again 'with this belly I can't do anything other than eat. When I'm back in shape I expect a whole day of ' she said looking at her girlfriend with a mischievous look.

Chaeyoung was looking forward to that day 'your every wish is an order for me'

'Girls, don't talk about these things in public' Momo pretended to be shocked 'you have to be a little modest'

'So it wasn't you two having in the office earlier? I thought I heard some suspicious noises' Mina immediately retorted.

Jihyo wanted to bury herself in that exact moment 'I told you the walls aren't thick enough, what a fool' she covered her face with her hands, embarrassed.

'I can't wait to tell everyone, it will be fun' Chaeyoung was laughing, despite Jihyo threatening to lock her up in her closet. Those four used to spend a lot of time together, but nevertheless the subject of was still an embarrassment for Jihyo.

'Tonight we have the dinner, I can't wait' Mina smiled 'I'm happy to have the tradition of being all together at least once a month'

'Since I moved from Momo and changed job I don't see my sisters very often, I miss them and I also like this tradition very much' Jihyo was smiling 'we are a united family'

Momo hugged her from behind 'did you ask Dahyun if we can bring Boo and Dobby? I don't trust to leave them alone and my parents are busy tonight'

'She said there is no problem, they all love our furry pets' she smiled with amusement 'since we adopted Dobby they do nothing but think about him and Boo, the two of us no longer exist'

Chaeyoung stopped Mina's baby bump to answer the phone 'I have to go, I have a sculpture lesson today. Take care of my wife and our little girl' she tenderly kissed the lips of her beloved, did the same thing on her belly and walked away at a brisk pace.

'I already miss her' said Mina with full of food 'would you like to eat with me? Chae brought a lot of things'

'Gladly' Jihyo immediately sat down next to her, making sure the pregnant woman ate rather than eat and feeding her girlfriend.

'I'm pretty sure you'd be a good mom' Mina told her out of the blue, making Momo go wrong with the rice she was eating. It wasn't the first time that the girl talked about it, but every time for Momo was like an attempted murder; in fact she wanted to have a family but not at that moment.

They still had things to fix and they were always very busy running their school and their two little dogs, a child at that time would have been difficult for them to manage.

'Who knows, sooner or later I'll have a round and heavy belly too' Jihyo smiled, excited at the very thought. At that moment, however, she was satisfied with what she had and she was happy to wait.

 

 

 

Managing the restaurant was very simple for Tzuyu and she always did it with great pleasure; whenever a problem arose she always managed to solve everything within a few hours.

She also had the constant help of an experienced person, her girlfriend, who always told her that she felt like an enemy of herself since she was helping the competition.

Myoui Sharon, who had an unbridled passion for the Im family restaurant but above all for the beautiful girl who ran it, spent her days in that place to help out.

After the wedding, those two had dated for a few months before declaring themselves to each other during one of their most passionate kisses. It was Sharon who did it first, looking at the younger girl with so much love that it made the other girl helpless and shy.

That night Tzuyu had torn down all the walls she had raised to protect herself from a possible disappointment in love and she too had declared herself, sealing that moment with a kiss and an unforgettable night for the both of them: it was their first time.

After that night they had never left each other, there had been some heavy discussions, but they had always resolved all their problems through dialogue. They had been together for over a year now and their relationship was going great.

'Tzu, it's your day off so put those papers down and come lie down next to me' Sharon was lying comfortably on the couch of their big and expensive apartment, with one leg resting on the backrest 'you're neglecting me and I hate it'

'I'm coming, spoiled child' Tzuyu smiled and did as she was told, snuggling into the arms of her girlfriend 'are you happy now?'

'A lot, you made me wait forever. Give me a kiss, you have to be forgiven for your terrible behaviour towards your rich and y girlfriend' 

The younger smiled amused and gave her a kiss on the cheek 'no protests are accepted, so you learn a lesson for distracting me from work'

The red-haired girl, who had such a strong scalp that she could afford to do countless shades without too much trouble, pouted 'you're worse than usual today, do you have your period?'

'No, I don't have my period. Do you want to see?'

'The situation is getting interesting' a mischievous smile broke on Sharon's face.

Tzuyu poked her tongue out 'you'll have to wait tonight to find out, I have to phone Dahyun to tell her some things about the restaurant' she kissed her lips and got up from the couch, phoning her sister and ignoring her girlfriend's protests.

 

 

 

Since Nayeon started modeling Jeongyeon had become her regular bodyguard to the delight of all the people who were crazy about that couple. The downside? She couldn't beat up people who shamelessly hit on her girlfriend and that always made her nervous.

She knew that Nayeon was just hers, but she couldn't help being jealous and the other girl really liked it, it made her feel important. What Jeongyeon didn't know was that her girlfriend respected her in every possible way, even asking for cuts during interviews so as not to answer too personal questions about their relationship.

When Nayeon finished doing an interview she immediately joined her girlfriend, smiling radiantly 'hey Yoo, I'm all yours now'

'Finally, it took you forever to finish the interview' the bodyguard smiled, throwing a handkerchief in the garbage 'can we go? I'd like to get some sleep before tonight' she stretched a bit, yawning.

'Of course, I can also give you a massage if you want' they were walking hand in hand towards the car, now used to not hiding in public 'you are working a lot because of me and it seems to me the least I can do for you'

Jeongyeon opened the car door for her, smiling 'you know very well how it ends when one gives the other a massage'

Her girlfriend gave her a mischievous look before getting in the car 'would you mind? If you are too tired we can always postpone it to another day'

When they were both in the car Jeongyeon took her hand, focusing her gaze on the road 'I'm never tired for you, you should have understood it by now' she said after a few minutes of silence.

'I know, but I wouldn't be offended if you said no from time to time. You know that cuddles are enough for me' she put her head down on the seat and looked at her, smiling 'did I already tell you that this new bodyguard suit is enchanting for you? You are stupendous and y'

'And did I already tell you that I love you? I'm afraid I forgot it today and it's an unforgivable act'

'You just did it, you narrowly escaped my fury' Nayeon laughed, relaxing as soon as she saw the building where they lived in their apartment 'I love having commitments close to home, we're already there'

They got out of the car and almost bolted into their apartment, especially in the shower. It was always like this between them: when they came home after several hours of work they loved to shower together, or rather do things under the jet of hot water and then shower.

'The interviewer asked me if you and I are planning to get married, I asked not to put that question in the article' Nayeon was rubbing her wet hair with a towel.

Jeongyeon was already in her pajamas and was doing the same 'why?'

'Because you don't believe in marriage and it didn't seem right to me to say this private thing of yours'

'You always tell me that I protect you, but the one who is protecting the both of us is you' she sat on the bed next to her and took her hand 'I really appreciate it'

Nayeon smiled 'for you this and more, you know how much I love you'

The bodyguard took her face and kissed her softly, eager to show her that her thinking about marriage had changed.

 

 

 

'Kim Dahyun!' that scream rang throughout the corridor where the office of the head of the company was located. Sana entered without knocking, her eyes wide open and her lips reduced to a thin line. She was clearly mad, again. 

Dahyun looked at her confused, her hands still on the computer keyboard 'Mrs. Kim, what did I do this time?'

'Don't call me that, you know I can't stay serious when you do it' the girl had her long black hair down and a little tousled 'what does it mean you had a private meeting with a model?'

'Now that the company also deals with fashion it's normal to have to hire some models, we can't rely on Nayeon alone, you know that' she replied calmly.

Sana pouted 'you should have asked me to be there instead of spending your time with a gorgeous woman' the laugh that escaped Dahyun's lips was a sweet sound to her wife's ears, but she was determined to make her feel guilty and tried to remain impassive 'there's nothing to laugh about'

'I'm sorry, I was unforgivable' Dahyun stood up and walked over to her to kiss her lips 'what can I do to get forgiven?'

Sana's face lit up 'I'm glad you asked, I really want the chocolate we ate in Perugia last year'

There was a moment of silence 'you know it will never come in a short time, right? You will have to wait a while, so you better settle for the chocolate we have here'

'I knew it, you don't love me anymore' she snorted like a little girl and sat on the couch 'as soon as I start getting fat you will look for another wife'

'In fact, polygamy has something fascinating and intriguing' she replied with a smirk.

'Dahyun! Stop that!' Sana was getting nervous.

Dahyun got down on her knees in front of her and took her hands 'hey, breathe deeply and calm down. You know that for me there will never be anyone other than you and that I love you with all of myself' her calm tone of voice always had a great effect on her wife 'I married you because I want to be with you and if you have these sudden changes' mood is because you are pregnant with our son or daughter'

'You're right, I exaggerated again' Sana spoke softly 'I'm jealous of Mina, she didn't have many mood swings in the first months of her pregnancy while I'm a total mess'

'You're not a disaster at all, you're very pretty when you act like this' she sat down next to her and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear 'plus I see you even more beautiful than before'

Sana hid her face in the hollow of her neck, enjoying that contact and the sweetness of the scent of her beloved wife 'you always know what to say to calm me down and make me feel good, you are fantastic'

They were silent for a while, enjoying that moment of peace and then deciding it was time to tell everyone that Sana was nearly two months pregnant. Dahyun's hand rested lightly on Sana's slightly swollen belly, it softly.

'What are you thinking about?' whispered the eldest.

'I have a ing fear of not being a good parent, I've never had a good example and I could make countless mistakes' confessed Dahyun in a low voice, focusing her gaze on her belly 'I don't want to hurt our baby'

Sana took her face in her hands and looked into her eyes 'you couldn't be a bad mother even if you worked hard on it, our baby isn't born yet and yet you're proving to be a fabulous parent. Do you think I don't know about the bank account you've opened or all the things you've been looking for on the internet to make sure the baby never misses anything?'

Dahyun sighed, trying to absorb the words that had just been said to her 'I hope with all my heart that you are right' she reached down to kiss her belly.

'You have just given yourself the answer, if you love our baby so much already now that is just small like a green bean imagine the love you will have for this baby when will be in our arms' Sana's smile was contagious and reassuring.

'You convinced me, we still have to find a home for him our her, you never know'

'Dahyun, there's no need for a home for at least the next twenty years, stop thinking about these things and give me a kiss, mom deserves attention too'

They kissed for a while, holding hands on the major's belly 'tonight will be delirium when we break the news' Dahyun whispered excitedly.

 

 

 

Evening came quickly and, in honor of their first night together, they had all been wearing black pants and T-shirts in what they considered their signature colors, while Sharon wore a rainbow one. 

Dahyun had set the table and cooked with extreme care, even though her wife continued to eat everything she had cooked. She had had to throw her out of the kitchen, getting two hours of silence from her.

To make peace it was enough to cuddle her on the couch in front of an episode of a drama that Sana was watching in those days.

'They are all late, is it possible that not even Nayeon and Jeongyeon living downstairs manage to arrive on time?' snorted the eldest 'I'm literally starving'

At that moment, as if by magic, the door of their apartment opened and the two girls just mentioned entered smiling 'sorry we're late, Jeongyeon didn't want to get out of bed'

'It's not my fault that I never get the chance to sleep' the other one immediately muttered, sleepy 'hey Sana, today you are uglier than ever, you know?'

Sana's eyes immediately filled with tears and Dahyun covered her by stepping in between 'Jeong, could you help me in the kitchen? I'm almost done' she didn't give her time to argue and immediately dragged her to cook, leaving her wife with her sister.

'Don't listen to her, we all know that you are one of the most beautiful women in the world' Nayeon smiled kindly and sat down next to her 'even though I'm prettier'

'You to compliment' the brunette was smiling amused 'but at least I know you were honest. Thanks Nay' 

'The queen of the party has arrived!' Momo yelled as she stepped into the living room, followed by Jihyo, Mina and Chaeyoung 'we are late because our classes ended later than usual, sorry for the delay. To forgive us we brought drinks' she said putting the bottles on the table.

Jihyo immediately ran to hug her older sister 'I missed you so much'

'Jih, we met two days ago' the other girl chuckled, holding her tight and laughing again when the two dogs went to fill her with wet kisses.

Dahyun immediately made everyone sit down 'where are Sharon and Tzuyu?'

'They're coming, they got the dessert' Mina smiled at her, ready to eat anything.

Chaeyoung turned off her cell phone and smiled 'there is really a lot to eat, what are we celebrating?'

The doorbell rang at that moment and Momo went to open the door 'you are always the last to arrive, this thing must change'

'The important thing is to be there, don't bother us' the first thing Sharon did was put the cake in the fridge, then she cuddled the two dogs and, finished playing with their mascottes, gave a sweet kiss on her sister's belly 'now we can eat!'

'You are an embarrassing person' Tzuyu shook her head, amused.

The dinner was like all the others they had had before, except that their talk was based only on children, marriages and work.

When they finished eating they took the cake and sparkling wine, as well as some fruit juice for Mina. When Sana refused the glass she had all their eyes on her, intrigued by her unusual gesture.

The two brides smiled and it was Dahyun who spoke 'the reason for this elaborate dinner is because we have an announcement'

'Don't tell me..' Mina already understood and her eyes were teary.

'In the end we decided to take this big step and.. I'm almost two months pregnant' Sana was very excited and she was her slightly swollen belly.

Initially there was silence, but as soon as they all realized the news they started screaming, congratulating and filling the two girls with kisses and hugs.

They celebrated by drinking, dancing and singing so loud that the neighbors had gone to ring their door to complain, but the girls were so happy that they invited them to the celebrations too.

They decided to organize two dinners for each month and to see each other more often, all determined to want to have an indissoluble bond with each other. Then discussions began about who the godmothers of both upcoming babies would be and the two pregnant girls were enjoying the show, laughing every time any of them raised their voices to point out why everyone of them would be a great godmother. 

At the end of the celebrations they were all exhausted but happy and it was at that moment that Dahyun decided to say what she thought 'I want to thank all of you because thanks to your presence I have become what I am today. I once asked Sana if she knew what love was and her response made me realize my feelings for her, but over time I realized that love is not only in a romantic way. I have learned to love in every possible way and now I am even capable of loving myself, so if anyone were to ever ask me what love is I would point to you and tell them about my family, how special each one of you is. I know that you aren't a passing presence in my life and I also know that you will prevent me from going back to being the empty and sad person I was before. So.. Thank you all, for everything' she made a small bow in respect, smiling with emotion.

'Now there is a need for a group hug' was Tzuyu who proposed it and they all united in a big hug, a sincere hug that promised a strong and true bond.

Each of them, after all the things they had been through with the other girls or better, their family, had become able to answer to the important and difficult quesion "what is love?".

 

 

 

 

~~

This is the end of the story, but it's not really the end because the ending is open and anything could really happen in the future.

I want to thank all the people who took the time to even read a single chapter, I appreciate it very much. I am happy to have reached the end of what was my first story (even if I am a little sad) and I am proud to have been able to finish it. This is my first time trying to do something I like without the fear of being judged, even if I know I have a lot to learn, and I'm proud because I shared what makes me feel better with all of you. 

I have a lot of stories in mind and I hope to see you all again because, I repeat, I'm really grateful to have met some of you and I thanked everyone everytime a notification arrived. So yeah, thank you for giving me a chance. 

I hope you enjoy this final chapter despite being very simple, thanks again. It was a really nice journey through words.🍀