The three Musketeers

What is love?

Dahyun had convinced Nayeon to get in the car in no time: she simply told her sister they would drive her home. The situation was slightly awkward for Jeongyeon and Dahyun had an amused smirk on her face 'I will remember your first meeting for a lifetime, it's a pity I don't have a video to watch whenever I want'

Jeongyeon pinched her arm 'it's not my fault your sister can't cross the street like normal people, luckily I realized an idiot was about to jump under my car in time'

Nayeon raised her eyebrows 'I have a name, you know?'

'The fact remains that you are stupid, I'm sure you're the smart one in your family' Jeongyeon retorted with irony.

A grim look came from the rear view mirror 'I bet you're the nice one instead, ' Nayeon said with a smirk.

Dahyun was surprised: no one ever had the courage to answer Jeongyeon badly and for this she immediately felt great respect for her sister 'I'd say that's enough, stop now or I'll leave you both on the road'

'Okay, but the next time she calls me an idiot I won't hold back' Nayeon leaned back and looked out the window 'I'm glad to see you again, if you have time wait for Jihyo to come home, she'd love to see you' she said softly, fearful of receiving a negative response.

Jeongyeon looked at Dahyun, taking advantage of the red traffic light, and urged her to accept. She had spent the whole day telling her best friend not to waste the opportunity to finally have a family.

Dahyun bit a fingernail 'what if you both come over to my house tonight? I'll make dinner and if it's late you can stay with me for the night, I have enough rooms' it cost her a lot to say those things and anxiety was eating into her stomach, but Jeongyeon was right in saying that she had to stop denying herself everything.

Nayeon's smile was huge and her eyes were sparkling 'are you serious? We would love to!'

 

 

When they arrived at the apartment Dahyun's heart broke in a thousand pieces to see how small that house was, how was it possible that the daughters of such a rich man lived like that? Her father made her more and more disgusted and she was convinced to keep him away from herself and her sisters 'get as many things as possible while we wait for Jihyo, tomorrow we'll be back for the rest'

Nayeon was confused 'we aren't moving, we have no other place to go'

'You are moving to my flat, I will no longer allow that man to make you suffer' Dahyun took a suitcase that she found on a small closet and opened it 'this thing is really risky, but I can't leave you like that. Let's hurry up and surprise Jihyo' a small smile appeared on her face for three seconds.

With Jeongyeon's help it took twenty minutes to get most of Nayeon and Jihyo's things and put them in the car 'fortunately the car is spacious, when it comes to parking in crowded places it is inconvenient, but in this case it was really useful. Good job boss, your being a spendthrift has worked in our favor'

'I'm not a spendthrift, that's you. Do I have to remind you of the giant mixer you have at home? Or the Murano glass coffee table?' Dahyun retorted defiantly 'or the massage chair'

Jeongyeon stopped her with a hand 'you know very well that I'm not using that chair, even if I need it'

'So who uses it?' Nayeon asked, causing Dahyun to stiffen and worry Jeongyeon.

'My roommate, she is a lazy person when at home' Jeongyeon answered shortly in order to not point Dahyun's pain out and not to make Nayeon suspect something.

Nayeon was about to ask more, taken by the curiosity to know more about Jeongyeon's roommate, when she felt hugged from behind 'sorry if it took me so long, there was a lot of traffic and you know how it is when a bus gets stuck between multiple rows of cars' Jihyo smiled and then noticed Dahyun and Jeongyeon 'what are you doing here?' she asked Dahyun, with visible surprise on her face.

'I'm here to get my sisters out of this nasty place and the clutches of that ' Dahyun simply answered 'now let's go, so you can arrange your things in your rooms' she got into the car.

The other three girls followed her and were silent for a while 'I apologize for my rudeness, I'm Jihyo' she said to Jeongyeon 'you are much taller than you look in the paparazzi videos'

Jeongyeon smiled 'I'm Jeongyeon, it is nice to see that there is someone polite in your family' as soon as she finished the sentence Dahyun and Nayeon glared at her 'seen? Their eyes speak clearly'

'You're not polite either, you called me an idiot'

'I was just stating facts Nayeon, don't tell me you're the type of person who can't accept the truth' she glanced in the rear view mirror and laughed when she saw that Nayeon had given her the middle finger.

 

 

 

Nayeon and Jihyo arranged their things in their new rooms as soon as possible in order to help Dahyun with dinner, they wanted to spend as much as time possible with their little sister and to know her better.

'How can we help you?' Jihyo asked as she was washing her hands 'I'm good at cutting vegetables and meat'

Dahyun pointed at the giant fridge with her head 'get your favorite vegetables, I like them all. Nayeon, you can cook the meat in the meantime, if that's okay with you. I set the table, what do you want to drink? I like Cola' she began to set the table with great care.

Jihyo smiled, focused on cutting all the vegetables and the salad 'we already have something in common, we love Cola'

When dinner was ready they sat down at the table, a little embarassed by the silence that had formed.

Nayeon cleared and looked at Dahyun 'tell us a little about yourself, we only know what magazines and news are saying. I'm sure you aren't as people describe you'

Dahyun drank a sip of her cola and looked at her sisters 'I'm a cold person, this is not a lie, and I don't like having people around because it makes me anxious, but I can be nice to the people I care about'

'What about your hobbies?' Jihyo asked this time.

The younger one looked taken aback 'can work be considered a hobby?'

Nayeon looked at her with disbelief 'are you serious? Don't you have something you like to do besides working? I'll give you an example: I love to dance and watch drama'

'I love to sing and take pictures. It's a shame you don't have a pastime, we absolutely have to find one, it would help you let off steam' Jihyo added with a serious face 'sing us something, maybe you are good'

Nayeon smiled immediately 'try dancing too, it will definitely be a family thing' 

Dahyun's face was shocked 'I don't even think about doing these things, eat in silence which is better'

Jihyo laughed and Nayeon took Dahyun's cheek 'our little sister is really boring' they both hummed, making Dahyun lose all hope of having at least one normal sister.

 

 

They hadn't talked much during dinner, as her sisters had a lot of fun teasing her, but as a first approach they had said enough and Dahyun was satisfied and a little overwhelmed. She had to get used to it.

At the same time the three girls from the dance school were at Mina's house eating pizza. Momo took a big bite of her slice of pizza and spoke after she finished chewing 'what do you think about Nayeon? I like her style and I am convinced that with the right practice she will be able to adapt to our group' 

'It was like that with me and I only arrived two months ago, so I think you're right' Tzuyu nodded 'I hope she isn't a snob pretending to be shy' 

Mina pinched her arm 'she isn't, you saw perfectly well how she kept aside until Momo sat down next to her to talk to her sister on the phone' 

'I'll apologize to her tomorrow and try to get to know her better' 

Momo smiled 'great Tzuyu, I love it when you act like that, you almost look like an adult' 

'She already is Momoring, you're the one with baby brain' a short, blonde girl with a mole near her chin hugged Mina from behind, kissing her head 'today your dad bought a suit to go to a party in one of my shops, so I'll be good to you. Plus, a rich man made a nice offer for one of my gallery paintings, so I'm in a good mood' 

Mina smiled and looked at her 'are you serious? This is fantastic news, I'm proud of you' 

Chaeyoung smiled too and a dimple appeared on her right cheek 'that's why I love Mina more than my job, she makes me feel like a great person every day' 

'Don't start fussing like always or I'll lose my appetite' Momo made a disgusted face, making her friends laugh. 

Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung 'speaking of art.. I have an exam in a few weeks and I just can't memorize some things, would you help me when you're free?' 

Chaeyoung nodded and then looked thoughtful 'do you want me to help you study or do you want my help to eliminate your professor? I don't understand' Momo laughed, Mina seemed ready to bury herself and Tzuyu's mouth was open in surprise 'just kidding girls, you take everything too seriously' she laughed and took some grim looks from her friends and girlfriend. 

 

 

 

It was after midnight and Dahyun was in her bed, working on the computer. She wasn't sleepy and didn't want to waste precious time rolling around in bed. She was saving some documents when her bedroom door opened, revealing a sleepy and disheveled Nayeon. 

'I can't sleep, I'm no longer used to such a big bed' she lifted the covers and slipped under them 'make room for me or I'll stick to you' she made herself comfortable and closed her eyes. 

Dahyun was shocked 'this is my bed, go away' she pinched Nayeon's cheek 'you are an intruder' 

'And you are really rude' Jihyo appeared at the door and went lay down on the side opposite Nayeon, leaving Dahyun in their midst 'it's late, stop working' she took Dahyun's computer away from her and placed in on the bedside table 'now sleep' 

She was looking at the ceiling when Dahyun felt Nayeon's head rest on her shoulder and Jihyo's arms around her arm. It was a strange feeling for her, but she didn't dare to move: she felt heavy eyelids and her body relax, something that hasn't happened to her for a long time. A silent tear fell, but this time it wasn't for the infinite sadness hidden in her heart, it was for the happiness she was feeling at that moment.