Revelations

What is love?

'I can't believe you are here' Nayeon had repeated that phrase several times since her mother had approached her in front of the building where she lived. She was on her way home after some grocery shopping, as she and Jeongyeon still hadn't brought anything to eat in their apartment.

The woman took her free hand and smiled 'it's all real and I'm finally holding my little girl's hand. I missed you so much, you grew up really well'

'I missed you too, I always dreamed of being able to see you again' she was smiling happily 'there are so many things you need to know, but first I would like to take you to Dahyun so I can introduce you to her, Jihyo and my girlfriend too'

'I already went to see them and I found them cute, too bad I didn't raise you three because I know you would have loved your younger brothers' she took a photo from the wallet that depicted two boys, the youngest looked like Dahyun 'I came here to reunite our family, come live with us'

Nayeon felt taken aback by all those sudden revelations 'you had other children.. I thought you were in some nursing home or who knows where'

'Dahyun replied in a similar way, but I explained to her that I was with one of the doctors who followed me to heal me and that we fell in love during that period. I couldn't find you sooner because of your father, but as soon as I heard about his arrest, I left right away to see my daughters'

That woman's words seemed sincere and Nayeon's eyes were shining with tears 'I missed you so much, I'm happy to see you again'

'From now on you won't have to miss me anymore, I will always be with you and we will live happily. You just have to come with me, my husband can't wait to meet you, your brothers too' the woman tucked a lock of her daughter's hair behind her ear 'you are really beautiful, you look like a model' 

'I have a job that I really like and I don't want to be away from my sisters or my girlfriend. I also have some friends that I care a lot about and I don't want to leave anyone, but I can visit you often, along with Dahyun and Jihyo' she smiled hopefully.

Mrs. Kim was annoyed, but she did her best not to show it. Her annoyance was that she hadn't been able to immediately persuade her daughter to move in with her.

The truth was that the woman needed Nayeon and the inheritance she had received from her father, which was a huge sum of money she couldn't wait to get her hands on.

'You don't have to decide right away darling, for now let's enjoy the time we will spend together' the woman smiled falsely, used to fooling everyone with that fake and angelic smile.

Nayeon nodded happy 'now I really have to go, I just moved with my girlfriend and we still have a lot of things to put in order. See you tomorrow?'

'Obviously, I will look forward to seeing my princess again' she hugged her before letting her go 'I just need one more little effort and you will be in my hands' she said when Nayeon entered the building.

 

 

After what happened at the company, Jeongyeon and Sana had accompanied Jihyo to Momo's house, so as to allow Dahyun to be a bit alone and to give her sister a way to let off steam too.

Jihyo hadn't said a single word since she'd set foot in the house and had just stood in her girlfriend's arms, blowing her nose from time to time and crying her eyes out.

'You know I would never force you to do something you don't want, but if you don't talk about it you will never be able to let off steam and feel better' Momo was her hair 'and, frankly speaking, I would like to know why the person I love is crying in this way. I'm worried for you'

'Nayeon and Dahyun's mom came to the company and said some horrible things to the both of us, but what hurt me the most was the way my sister was curled up on the floor. It took us half an hour to calm her down and it was a terrible experience, I don't want to see her suffer again. That woman also told us to get used to the idea of ​​a life without Nayeon and it scared me to death'

The brunette held her tighter 'I don't even know how to tell you how I'm sorry, but I can assure you that won't get away with it if you two talk to Nayeon'

'Do you think she would choose us? She has always wished she could be with her mother, she never accepted that she had lost her. She's different from me and Dahyun, she's in constant need of love' 

'This is something that you three will have to solve together, but it's always best to try in my opinion. Just trust her' she smiled encouragingly 'if Nayeon makes a stupid choice I will kick her in her , but I'm sure she loves her sisters more than anything and anyone and I'm really sure about her final decision'

Jihyo smiled amused, sniffling 'you always manage to cheer me up, I don't know how I would do without you' she kissed her tenderly on the lips and took her cell phone to call her younger sister.

The blue-haired girl replied almost immediately, a sign she was using her phone 'hey, are you okay?'

'I'm fine, you? Are you fully recovered?' 

'I'm feeling a bit better, I'm sorry to have sent you away but I know you needed comfort too and I couldn't give it to you, so Momo seemed like the best option for you'

'You don't have to apologize, I really mean it. Look.. Surely your mother will be talking to Nayeon with the intent of brainwashing her and I want to propose to you to go and talk to her after dinner, Jeongyeon will be of great help to make her understand that this woman is not as good as she seems'

'It's a great idea, see you at the door of their apartment around nine' they closed the call to rest and fully recover from what had happened just before.

 

 

Once back at the apartment, Nayeon was helped by her girlfriend to arrange the groceries in the kitchen. They were both silent: Jeongyeon was angry about what had happened to her friends and Nayeon was still realizing that she had seen her mother again after twenty years.

It was the eldest to break the silence, during their quiet dinner 'my mother is back, now she is fine' she was smiling happily 'I'm really happy to have been able to hug her again, I'll do it again tomorrow and every day after tomorrow'

'As far as I can see, that hasn't wasted any time' Jeongyeon spoke with contempt, but she said nothing more because she had promised Dahyun not to say anything about the situation, it was right that her sisters were the ones to tell her everything, to tell her the truth. 

Nayeon looked at her confused, but she said nothing more so as not to make the situation even more tense. She went on normally, until the doorbell rang and Jeongyeon went to open the door and let her girlfriend's sisters into their apartment.

They both looked tired and sad, enough to make the older of the three worry 'why do you look so tired? Did something bad happen?'

'Maybe it's better if you sit down before we start talking, you won't like what we have to tell you at all' Dahyun had her hands in the pockets of her sweatshirt. It was definitely from Sana, as it was slightly big for her. They all sat down at the table, where Jeongyeon was eager to put cups of tea for everyone. They all took a few sips to put off the conversation for as long as possible, but they all knew they couldn't do it forever.

Dahyun spoke first 'you met that nasty woman today, right?' the disgust in her voice was such that it prevented her from even referring to Mrs. Kim as a mother.

'Are you talking about mom? I met her in the courtyard' she smiled immediately 'she told me she went to the company first, she had a very good impression of you two'

Jihyo laughed without glee 'we knew she would act like this with you, but I assure you that things didn't turn out that way and Dahyun's red eyes are the proof of her behaviour'

'I don't know what she told you, but she was mean to us and she told us things I can't even repeat. The fact that she behaved like a normal person with you heartened me, but she was just pretending in order to dupe you'

Nayeon looked at them in disbelief 'are you realizing what you are saying to me? How can you talk about her like this?'

The middle sister sighed 'we are describing her in a gentle way, considering the things she has told us. Open your eyes Nay, it's not normal her sudden appearance in our lives'

'She told me she waited to be able to return without being afraid of our dad, that's why she came back now, so as not to risk anything'

'Stop defending her and believing to every bull she told you!' snapped Dahyun, angry 'she told Jihyo that she is a rejection of society and that for this reason she was abandoned by her real parents; she told her that she is not part of our family' she had teary eyes 'she said she always hated me and that it would be better if I was never born. Do you think a good person would ever say such bad things? Think carefully, I'm begging you. Please Nay, think about everything and try to understand the truth, don't be blind because you love her and want that woman in your life'

Nayeon was silent: she wanted to say it wasn't true, that she was being told lies, but she knew very well that her sisters were not telling lies unless they deemed it necessary. Plus, seeing their faces was enough to realize the situation.

She got up from her chair and hugged her sisters 'I'm so sorry for what she did to you, you are none of what she told you' she was heartbroken, but not because she would lost her mother again. The suffering of her sisters was hers. They stayed in that position for quite a while, comforting each other and further strengthening their special bond. After those revelations Nayeon had made a decision, a decisive one.

 

 

The next morning Nayeon had made an appointment with her mother in the park that was in the area where she lived. She was very anxious and very tired: that night she hadn't slept even for a minute, keeping her girlfriend awake too, who had held her in her arms and had shown herself to be very patient.

The sky was littered with gray clouds 'it's just the perfect day to make drastic decisions' she murmured in a low voice.

The sound of footsteps on the dry autumn leaves, a season that during their short vacation in Italy had gone unnoticed as it was warm enough to swim in the sea, roused her from her thoughts.

Her mother smiled at her and sat down next to her 'good morning my beautiful girl, why did you want to see me so soon? It's only eight in the morning' 

'I asked you to meet me now because what I have to tell you can't wait any longer' the girl replied dryly, suddenly free from anxiety and determined to tell her everything she was thinking.