I know it's not right

What is love?

The next day Nayeon was tired since the morning: she didn't like the tense situation at home, but she hated even more the fact that her sisters didn't want to let her know why they weren't talking to each other and for these reasons she couldn't sleep all night long. It was also a busy day as the official dance competitions between the dance school groups were supposed to be held that afternoon and their group wasn't ready yet,  considering the fact they had known that the competition had brought forward almost an hour ago. 

Momo did nothing but swear and slam whatever she came across 'my sister knew they were going to anticipate the competition and she didn't tell anything to me! She did it on purpose, but she pays me this, I won't be silent this time' 

'Don't be mad at her, it's also our fault we didn't know anything about it. Act like an adult and let's do some rehearsal, we have an hour of time' Mina got up off the floor and did some stretching. 

'I would have preferred to know too, last night I was late to finish studying and I'm very tired' Tzuyu added with a yawn. 

'It's my fault, I shouldn't have invited you to dinner' Nayeon felt guilty for making her late. 

'Stop it, I had a good dinner last night, even though all that silence was weird. You said your sisters can be loud, but I didn't even hear their voices' Tzuyu pointed out. 

Nayeon sighed 'I don't know when or why, but I think they got into a fight and if Dahyun is as touchy as me and Jihyo it will take some time before they start talking to each other again. God, I have to act like an older sister and help them make up' 

'You'll do it later Nay, we absolutely have to rehearse now or I'm not going to participate' Momo said seriously and they got into position, rehearsing for all the time they had available. 

 

It hadn't been a good move: they were exhausted when the competition began and their performance was a complete disaster: Mina had slipped to the floor towards the middle of the song, which caused Momo to lose focus and miss rhythm and Nayeon and Tzuyu just bumped into each other everytime they changed positions. 

'Here's what happens to wanting to overdo it, little sister' Hana said with a smirk 'I told you to stay in my group, but you and Mina preferred to wait for more people to arrive. Did you want to be a captain? Now you have to deal with your decision and I hope you will watch our performance next week as my group won. 

'If you don't want a punch in the face, I suggest you to get out of the way' Momo was squeezing the bottle of water she held in her hand. 

'You would never hit me, I'm still your sister' the older answered defiantly. 

Momo no longer saw in anger and moved her arm to make her a water balloon, but Hana moved and behind her was Jeongyeon who had brought the backpack to Nayeon. 

Tzuyu smiled, she was amused by how things had turned around. 

Jeongyeon looked at Momo menacingly, dropped the backpack and came face to face to her 'now tell me how do I get out so wet, it's freezing cold outside and I absolutely can't afford to get sick, you understand me, right? I'm temped to teach you a lesson, but it's not your fault that your sister is a with good reflexes' she took the backpack and handed it to Nayeon 'Nay, your backpack, stop forgetting it at home, I'm not your butler' 

'Who do you call a to?' Hana was indignant 'never allow yourself again, idiot' 

Nayeon spoke at the same time 'I would advise not to provoke her' she said in a low voice, but it was late: Jeongyeon had removed the bottle from Momo's hands and poured the water left on Hana's head before lifting that girl and dropping her into a garbage that was in the room. 

'You can bully your sister without any consequence, but don't allow yourself to insult me anymore or I won't be so nice next time' having said that Jeongyeon left the room after greeting Nayeon's group with a nod, earning the respect of everyone in the room. 

Nayeon and Tzuyu quickly greeted their friend and ran after her 'Jeong, are you going to my house? Nayeon asked her 'because if so we'll come with you, we're done for today. Sorry for asking you to come here, it wasn't necessary'

Jeongyeon nodded 'it's okay, now get in the car, I'm freezing' they all got into the car and Jeongyeon was annoyed because Nayeon sat in the back seat with Tzuyu, in fact she didn't speak all the way. 

 

 

Arriving at the house Nayeon greeted her sisters, who were quite busy ignoroing each other, and took a towel for Tzuyu 'you shower first, you're faster than me. Did you remember to take your spare clothes? I don't think mine or those of my sisters could fit you. 

Jeongyeon looked at Dahyun and Jihyo with a confused gaze 'can I know what the hell happened between you two? You've been weird since yesterday and, honestly, it's embarrassing to be around you' she took off her still wet jacket and tied her hair 'you look like two kindergarten girls' 

Dahyun looked up from her computer and gave her a look that made her shiver, but maybe that was because of the wet shirt she was wearing 'nobody told you to stay with us I think, or am I wrong?' 

'You aren't wrong' Jihyo said 'but apparently all your friends like to meddle in the affairs of others' there was sarcasm in her voice. 

Jeongyeon felt offended 'I thought I was also a friend of yours and I'm not minding your business, I just want to understand what happened' 

'Leave her alone Jeong, she's just an immature child' 

Jihyo stood up 'if you have the courage, come and tell me to my face, otherwise call Sana to protect you' 

'What does Sana have to do with all of this?' Jeongyeon was confused and looked at Dahyun, who had a dull expression. 

'I'll make dinner, do you stop to eat here?' she stood up, ignoring her sister, and looked at her best friend. 

Jeongyeon slowly shook her head 'it's movie night with Sana, you know how much she cares about it. I will gladly stop next time' 

Dahyun nodded and looked at Tzuyu, who came with a towel on her head 'are you staying for dinner? I would like to make up for our rudeness from yesterday' 

'Sure! I warn my parents not to wait for me to eat' Tzuyu picked up her phone and texted them while she hummed, attracting the attention of Jihyo who immediately asked her the name of the song. 

Jeongyeon had half open to see how friendly Dahyun and Jihyo were with Tzuyu and followed her best friend into the kitchen 'you could invite Sana to dinner and then we could watch a movie all together, what do you think?' 

Dahyun blinked several times 'did the water that hit you drown your brain? With what courage could I invite my ex to dinner?' 

Jeongyeon looked like a little girl trying to get her mom to buy her chocolate 'it might be fun and who knows, you might make up' 

'It won't happen, put your soul in peace and go see that movie with your friend, I have three people to feed' 

Her best friend pouted 'you are merciless, I will remember it' 

Dahyun looked amused 'I'm not cooking anything special, you won't miss dinner of century. You can rest assured and I promise you that next time I will prepare your favorite dishes' 

Nayeon's laughter could be heard from the living room and Jeongyeon frowned a little, she realized that she couldn't spend time with Nayeon that evening and her bad mood grew knowing that Tzuyu would have all her attention 'you're right, it will be for next time' 

 

 

Dinner went great and, despite the tension between Dahyun and Jihyo, they both managed to be nice and talked a lot with Tzuyu, making Nayeon happy. 

'If you want to stop and sleep there is no problem, I can take you home tomorrow. On Saturday you don't have to go to university, right?' 

Tzuyu became shy 'thanks for the offer, but Nayeon and I haven't slept together yet and it would be embarrassing to just do it tonight' 

'You've been together for a while now, there would be nothing wrong with it' Jihyo told her with a comforting smile. 

Nayeon cleared 'leave her alone, we don't sleep together, end of discussion' 

Jihyo and Dahyun weren't very convinced and noticed that the bound between their sister and Tzuyu didn't seem at all that of two people in love, but of two close friends. Neither said anything, it was none of their business. They dropped the subject and stood up. 

As they cleaned the table, Dahyun picked up a package that had just arrived and carried it to the bedroom, returning a few minutes later to wash the dishes. She had a dishwasher, but washing them by hand made her let off steam and took advantage of it, having much to get rid of. 

 

 

Meanwhile Nayeon and Tzuyu were watching dance videos on YouTube, Jihyo went back to her room and, when she saw a package on the bed she approached it with curiosity. There was a note attached: 'It will take some time to fix your camera, I hope you can get your creativity out with this in the meantime' 

Jihyo opened the cardboard box in front of her and opened wide when inside it she found a Polaroid with several cartridges 'I can't believe it' she whispered while her eyes filled with tears. She left her room, going to the kitchen and hugging Dahyun from behind. A sob escaped from 'I was a real and you still managed to be sweet to me, I don't deserve you' 

Dahyun smiled and squeezed her hands, glad that Jihyo didn't care that she had them wet 'it was also my fault, I was numb. Anyway, do you like it? I know it's not like your camera, but there were so many in the shop all the same as the one I took to fix, so I thought I'd get something different and I ordered that' 

'I love it, I've always wanted one. The first photo I want to take is of us three together, I'll hang it along with the others on my wall' Jihyo had a contagious smile and hugged her little sister again 'if you keep giving me all these gifts I will become spoiled' 

'It's a nice idea, we can ask Tzuyu to take it, so we'll be sure to have a decent photo' Dahyun smiled 'I like to give gifts to you two, I have many years to catch up' 

Jihyo was about to answer her, but Nayeon preceded her 'for us the best gift is you' she was leaning against the door jamb and she was smiling 'you two are the best gifts I could receive. I'm glad you made peace, little pests' she hugged them both. 

 

 

Sana and Jeongyeon's movie night wasn't going very well: they were both distracted and staring into space. 

'Yesterday I saw Dahyun and she even spoke to me' 

'I think I like Nayeon' 

They spoke at the same time and looked at each other in shock as soon as they understood what they had said. 

'What did you say?' they said together as they pointed fingers at each other. 

'I helped Jihyo yesterday and had to warn Dahyun, she stood next to me and thanked me. Now you tell me about Nayeon' Sana's curiosity was immense, it was the first time in years that Jeongyeon had shown interest in someone. 

Jeongyeon nodded 'that's why they mentioned you today, now I understand. It's not the same as it happened to me with Emily and I haven't forgotten her, but when I'm with Nayeon my suffering fades a bit and I think I'm jealous of her girlfriend' 

'If you are really sure you should tell her Jeong, when you keep things inside you have a tendency to push people away' 

Jeongyeon looked at her seriously 'what should I tell her? I like you but I am in love with another person?' she muttered 'I have no intention of telling her, I'd ruin our friendship' 

Sana sighed and nudged her on the arm 'when you'll learn to let go of the past and realize your feelings for others give me a whistle. Remember I'm upset with you, we both know that doesn't even deserve to be remembered' 

Jeongyeon leaned on Sana and closed her eyes 'I know, but I can't help it, my mind is a mess'