Mixed feelings

What is love?

When Momo opened her eyes the sunlight was filtering through the curtains and the headache made her swear under her breath. She sat up and opened her eyes wide, surprised to see Jihyo sleeping next to her, completely . She remembered the events of the night before and the words she had said to the girl who was next to her.

She immediately got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the tub 'well done Momo, you deserve the jerk of the year award. What do I do now?' she bit her fingernail and went back to the bedroom after some minutes of reflection.

Jihyo was awake and had a sleepy look, plus a large hickey on her neck was well visible. When she had done it to her, Momo didn't know, she had never done it to anyone she had slept with.

'Good morning, are you okay?' Jihyo was looking at her with concern 'why do you have that expression? You look terrified, am I that ugly?' she joked. 

'I was drunk, what I said and did wasn't intentional, I hope you know about this' she ignored the words she just heard. 

Jihyo looked down and smiled bitterly 'I know, I just went along with your will. You are particularly stubborn when drunk' she got out of bed and gathered her clothes scattered on the floor, putting them on 'try to rest today, you drank a lot tonight' 

Momo couldn't take her eyes off her, she wanted to stop her and tear her clothes from her hands, but she stood where she was, feeling guilty 'I'm so sorry, I wanted to do it and I got you involved. And.. I advise you to cover your neck if you don't want someone to ask you embarrassing questions'

'Did you give me a hickey?!' she screamed after looking in the mirror 'are you crazy or something? My sisters will notice!' 

'You were the sober one, you could have stopped me' Momo shrugged and a smirk followed her gesture 'although I have to admit it makes you even ier' it was easier to her to joke around and she did it without thinking. 

Jihyo shook her head in frustration, her eyes bright with tears ' you, first you say you want to make love with me, then you hide behind the fact that you were drunk and in the end you smile at me in a ert way because you are satisfied that you have left a mark on your latest conquest. You're so selfish, you take advantage of my feelings for you to satisfy your stupid ego'

As Jihyo was leaving, Momo was already staring into space, regretting what she had said and done. 

 

 

 

Sana and Jeongyeon were waiting for Dahyun in the latter's office, as she had requested a private meeting with the two of them 'do you know what she wants to tell us?' Jeongyeon asked with concern.

The other girl shook her head, resting her chin on her hands 'I have no idea, she just told me she wanted to talk to us'

When Dahyun walked into the room and sat down at her desk they both noticed how tired and worried she was 'I asked you to see us privately because I need you to protect my sisters, our father has hired I don't know how many people to have them kidnapped' she placed several photos on the table, which depicted Nayeon and Jihyo 'for now they're stalking them, but I'm sure they won't stop' 

Jeongyeon checked them all carefully 'why didn't you report him? He has to stop raging in your life. Ah, how much I regret not killing him when I had the chance' 

'I can't do that considering they are both on public display and those photos could have been taken by anyone, I need to have concrete evidence or he will get the better of me and I don't want to let him win'

Sana ran a hand through her hair, she was more serious than ever 'I guess you don't want them to know, that's why you're asking us to check them out. They will notice, they aren't stupid and Nayeon is very hostile towards Jeongyeon. It'll be difficult for us not to get caught' 

'I can do it, if she doesn't want to listen to me I'll drag her everywhere' Jeongyeon had already entered bodyguard mode and was adjusting her tie 'you think of Jihyo, you are already spending a lot of time together and it will be easier not to be caught for you' she was looking at Sana, who nodded immediately.

Dahyun relaxed a bit in her chair and closed her eyes 'I'll also ask Chae to let someone stay at the dance school and at the park, just to be safe. Thank you and I apologize for giving you other work to do, you are the best' after that she didn't add nothing, breathing slowly. 

'She fell asleep' Sana noted, standing up and taking her girl into her arms. She placed her on the black couch and kissed her forehead 'you work too much, when will you learn to take care of yourself?' she whispered, a little worried, and she went to cancel Dahyun's meetings for the day so she could rest. 

 

 

Jeongyeon had already left the office, headed to the company bar for a coffee. Her fever was gone, but she still wasn't feeling quite well, her body was a little sore and she was already tired. 

She saw Nayeon sitting alone at one of the tables, staring at her cell phone and with her favorite coffee next to it. She decided to take the ball and went to sit down with her immediately after collecting her coffee 'good morning, am I disturbing you?' she sat across from her and took a sip of her beverage.

Nayeon didn't even look up 'you always disturb, ugly gorilla'

Jeongyeon sighed, but she didn't reply immediately because she had a brilliant idea to hide her intention to protect her 'I want to be forgiven, so I have decided that I will be your assistant and taxi driver and I will always be at your disposal, it sounds good to me'

'Would you comply with any of my requests? Even the most forbidden one?' Nayeon bit her bottom lip and gave her a charming smile, she knew well what she was doing.

The bodyguard suddenly felt hot, Nayeon could flirt all too well and she was starting to have strange thoughts, which featured her and the girl at the other side of the table. 

'Yoo Jeongyeon, are you having dirty thoughts about me? Instead of thinking you could act, I wouldn't back down like someone always does' she smirked again, Jeongyeon thought she was as charming as she was mischievous, a dangerous combination.

Nayeon left with a satisfied smile and the girl who remained at the table wondered if it was too late to ask Sana to change their protégé 'you'll drive me crazy, Im Nayeon' 

 

 

 

Jihyo was late to the company because she had gone home to shower and change, taking a long time to cover the large mark on her neck. She was furious and she felt stupid for being duped by some sweet words and actions.

She couldn't deny that she had spent the best night of her life, Momo had never been like this with her and the very thought of it made her stomach get butterflies, but it was just an illusion. She wondered how many people had spent such a night with Momo and she suddenly felt broken. And jealous. 

'You're stupid, so easy to fool' she sat down at the desk in her and Nayeon's office and, taking advantage of the fact that there was only her, slammed whatever came into her hands on the desk, in a desperate attempt to let off steam. 

She became aware of Sana's presence when she spoke to her 'what have those poor things done to you? You risk breaking everything'

'You're right, what's the point of hitting objects if I can go to the gym and punch the punching bag?' she got up from her chair.

'First you have to check the photos we took yesterday, we need your approval considering you are the photographer' she put the laptop on the desk and the first photo she showed was of Momo while she was dancing. 

Jihyo made a frustrated sound 'show them to Nayeon or do it yourself, they're all good pictures' she hurried out of the office and went to the gym to let off steam, with Jeongyeon's help.

Sana sighed and looked at the picture of Momo on the screen 'what have you done this time?'

'Why are you talking to yourself?' Nayeon walked over to her and looked at the photo 'wow, very y. The photos my sister takes cannot be surpassed, they make even the professionals tremble' she was proud. 

'Help me choose the photos to publish, Jihyo has other things to do now and it can't wait anymore' they got to work, chatting as usual about whatever came to their mind.

While Dahyun was sleeping, Jihyo and Nayeon were trying to hide the pain they were feeling and Sana and Jeongyeon were with them.

 

 

 

 

It was almost dinner time when Momo parked the car in front of the entrance to the Chaeyoung gallery, knowing that her friend always took cabs to and from work. She was right, in fact her weird friend sat in the passenger seat after a few minutes.

'This is a surprise, you never came to pick me up. Are you falling in love with me? Know that I'm not available, Mina is the only one for me' she said in a playful tone. 

She knew what had just been said was a joke, but Momo was annoyed and for that reason she ignored those words, it had become a habit for her 'do you have alcohol at home? If the answer is no then I will stop at the supermarket'

Chaeyoung looked at her, worried 'you made up another one of yours, right? Don't stop, at home I have everything you can think of to drink' 

They arrived in a short time and sat on the couch to drink and eat, doing the first thing above all 'I needed it' Momo murmured after emptying the first glass of wine. 

'Can you tell me what happened? I've never seen you in these pitiful conditions. Momo, look at me' Chaeyoung took her hand and listened to the events of the night before without ever interrupting her.

'One last thing: when you leave marks on someone, is there any reason?'

Chaeyoung looked at her seriously 'you already know what it means and I won't be here to explain it to you, but tell me you didn't do it on her, please. After the person you like has eaten back everything she did and said having a hickey on the body is not nice at all, on the contrary it makes that person feel naive'

Momo laughed without joy 'in fact she left slamming the door after throwing the truth in my face. I am really a horrible person' she emptied the contents of another glass and then decided to stick to the bottle.

'Stop drinking, you're exaggerating' the younger took the bottle out of her hands 'she wasn't the first to tell you these things, why do you care now what people think of you?' she already knew the answer, but she wanted Momo to confirm her thoughts about her feelings for Jihyo.

The brunette got up from the couch and started walking around the living room at a brisk but uncertain pace, she was feeling dizzy 'I'm not going to say it and it's not what you think'

'You're just a coward, you might be happy if you just step forward. What does it cost you to admit you have feelings for her?' she stood up too, running her fingers over the tattoo she had made for her girlfriend. She couldn't understand her friend.

'Think of it as you like, but I'm not going to end up like my parents, those two live under the same roof but have other people to hang out with. They are married, but they don't love each other. What's the point of suffering for something that will end miserably?'

Chaeyoung shook her head 'love may end, but it is not true that there is no point in loving, look at me and Mina, we are together since high school and despite our initial back and forth we are still together. Or Sana and Dahyun, they've been through a lot and yet they love each other more every day'

'You are cases apart, you can't compare my feelings for Jihyo to yours for Mina and Sana is disgustingly lost to Dahyun, I don't even come close to your level. In any case, I hurt her again and I decided not to look for her anymore, from tomorrow I will be the Momo you all know'

The disappointment on Chaeyoung's face was clear, but she changed her expression as she saw that her friend was crying. She hurried to hug her 'I hope it won't be too late when you make the decision to love Jihyo and let her love you'