Nasty words

What is love?

Getting to the meeting on time hadn't been easy for the three girls who had had to give up their vacation, but thanks to Jeongyeon's skill behind the wheel they made it.

As they entered the meeting room they noticed the disappointment on many faces of those in the room, who had fervently hoped to be able to exclude them, especially Dahyun.

A man whose last name was Kang adjusted his glasses over his nose and cleared his throat 'now that we're all here we can start the meeting. I know very well that our companies all deal with different things, but I found this meeting necessary to find a solution to eliminate what is superfluous' his gaze fell on Dahyun 'your company is in our way, we want to demolish the structure and make it a shared company for all of us, with many more floors than the current ones'

'I won't leave my company in your hands, you can forget it' she felt dry 'now it is clear to me the reason for this absurd meeting and why you warned me at short notice, it was to not let me have a say about the future of my company. You are really ridiculous'

'Watch your talk, little girl' intervened a woman none of the three girls had ever seen before 'we are all older than you and you should show respect'

There were murmurs in the room and it was clear to Dahyun that she was in a critical situation. They listened to the other motives and after a while Chaeyoung couldn't keep silent anymore 'your motives don't make any sense, you just want to get rid of her just because at her age she got so high'

'We don't accept the opinions of a lesbian here, shut up or I'll go your girlfriend, making her scream all the time'

'How the do you dare to talk like this' Jeongyeon was ready to beat him up, but her boss stopped her right away 'let me do it, they're all human waste'

Chaeyoung had her eyes wide open and aimed at the table, she was trying very hard to restrain herself and not put her friend in a worse situation. Her anger couldn't be measured and she swore she would make him pay dearly for what she had said about Mina.

Mr. Kang had an amused smirk 'here's another one who doesn't even deserve to be in this room, is it nice to have with your boss's sister? She must be a too considering her position in the company'

'Now stop it, everyone. We made our requests and they were all rejected, so the meeting can be considered to have come to an end' added another woman who seemed familiar to Dahyun 'there is no need to behave in this way and risk being sued' 

'Too bad I recorded the whole conversation and previously warned my lawyer about this antics' Dahyun was impassive, not even her eyes let out the emotions she was feeling and she seemed empty 'get ready for a good report or worse, you wanted to scam me and this is a crime'

'Even recording without the consent of those present is a crime, it is a violation of privacy' replied boldly another of those present 'it could be a problem for you too' 

Dahyun smiled without emotion 'it was recommended to me by my lawyer, but if you are so keen to try your luck, report me. We're leaving' she got up from her chair.

Jeongyeon, before following her out of the room, spilled two bottles of water on the heads of those who had insulted the people she cared about and, to leave in style, broke a chair by throwing it against the wall 'just try to think ill of my family and next time you could be there instead of that chair'

 

 

Two days had passed since that meeting and the three girls who had attended it had agreed by mutual agreement not to say anything about what happened that day.

Chaeyoung was back to being the same as always, with the difference that she gave even more attention to her future wife than before. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, had hurried to choose an apartment and both she and Nayeon were taking care of the move.

Dahyun, unlike her friends, hadn't been able to relax and had spent the last few nights sleepless due to her stomach-eating anguish. She couldn't concentrate on her work and woke from her thoughts when Sana walked into her office.

'There is a person who would like to see you, should I let her in? I think she wants to deal with you'

'Let her in, just take a break with Jihyo' she smiled at her tiredly.

Sana looked at her a little worried 'I'll bring you a coffee and something to eat' she told her before closing the door and going to tell the person who wanted to talk to her girlfriend to go in.

It was a few minutes before the woman walked into Dahyun's office, looking around her with interest 'not bad this office'

'Good morning' said the girl immediately 'take a seat and tell me what I can help you with'

'You are polite then, nobody would think you are when looking look at you' the woman sat down opposite the young woman and took off her thick glasses 'after all, the class is hereditary, but the good genes have not reached you'

Dahyun stood staring at her with wide eyes: that woman was the same as the meeting, but seeing her up close she noticed some unmistakable details 'mom?' she said softly.

'In flesh and blood, I see that my resemblance to your sister is unequivocal' she made herself comfortable 'you unfortunately resemble your father, what a waste'

'What are you doing here? I thought you were locked up in some mental home because of your problems'

Mrs. Kim smiled amused 'I had forgotten the story I told to get rid of you, but the truth is that I ran away with my current husband'

The girl didn't know what to say, so many were the anger and disgust she was feeling 'have you abandoned me for a man?' her eyes were teary.

'Come on, I didn't throw you in a garbage can, you were lucky to grow up in that foster home. My only regret is taking you and not Nayeon from your father's clutches, it would have been better if I had acted differently. She is like me while you are just a human waste like your father'

Those words hit her as hard as a bullet in the heart and Dahyun couldn't hold back the tears 'how can you talk to me like this after all I've been through because of you?'

The woman looked at her in a hostile way 'I always hated you, when I was pregnant with you your father only thought about making sure that you grew up healthy, without giving the right attention to me and your sister. Does this seem fair to you? In my opinion not and I did everything possible to make you both pay for that'

The girl was shaking like a leaf and she no longer knew what to answer.

'Because of you Nayeon had to suffer the wickedness of your father, it would have been better if you were never born'

At that point Dahyun curled up covering her ears 'please stop' she sobbed.

The woman stood up and looked down at her 'I have two wonderful children and I will take Nayeon to meet her real family. Get ready to say goodbye to her and live the rest of your life alone, that's what you deserve for ruining our lives' she walked away, humming an old song.

Dahyun dropped to the ground and tried to breathe between sobs. In those moments the only one able to calm her down was Jeongyeon and she immediately pressed the emergency number.

The bodyguard was driving to the building where their apartments were located, but seeing the emergency call she warned Nayeon that she had to go to the company and continue to arrange her belongings in the meantime.

Ms. Kim smirked when she saw Jihyo walking in the opposite direction of her 'here's the other human waste' she said when she got in front of her.

The girl looked at her a little confused 'excuse me? If you are talking to me I haven't heard. Do you need help?' 

'I don't need help from my ex-husband's fake daughter, it would disgust me' she looked down at her 'he could have chosen a girl who didn't look like a foreigner, sure you are a Korean?'

The brunette looked at her confused and offended at the same time 'who do you think you are to talk to me like this? How do you know these things?' 

'You have serious hearing problems honey, I told you my ex-husband made a bad choice to adopt you' she took off her glasses and looked at her 'now do you understand who I am?'

Jihyo had the same reaction as Dahyun 'you are Dahyun and Nayeon's mom'

The woman gave a little applause 'you finally got it, you're not totally useless then. Unfortunately I don't have much time to devote to a waste of society like you and I'll just tell you to keep yourself ready not to have a family anymore. Nayeon will come away with me and Dahyun will probably end up committing suicide due to all the pressure she's been having lately, really a happy ending as far as I'm concerned' she smiled cheerfully.

'How dare you talk about my sisters like that? Rinse your mouth with soap before talking about them' she felt offended not by the insults directed at herself, but by those that woman had addressed to her sisters.

'They aren't your sisters, you aren't an Im nor a Kim. You are Park Jihyo, the daughter of two scammers who fled who knows where to avoid being arrested and who abandoned you without thinking twice. You and Dahyun are the same, two unwanted people. Nayeon on the other hand is a whole other thing than you and will do what is right for her real family. Don't be surprised, I always know everything' she winked 'by the way, I think the one you consider your sister is having a bad panic attack in her office, maybe you should at least watch her die in agony' she walked off confidently, always humming. 

Jihyo didn't have time to think about the things she had discovered about her real parents, her only thought was Dahyun and she immediately ran to her.

Finding Dahyun curled up on the ground and with her hands intent on pulling her hair made Jihyo's heart tighten, who immediately threw herself next to her and squeezed her tightly.

The younger girl seemed not to even feel the presence of her sister and she gave no sign of being able to stop crying or breath correctly.

'Dahyun, it's me' she slowly took her hands out of her hair and gently took her face 'I'm Jihyo, do you see me? It's okay, you're safe now' she wiped her tears away with her thumbs.

Not even that was enough to calm her down and the eldest could no longer hold back her tears 'please don't cry, you aren't as she described you and you don't deserve to suffer because of her nastiness' 

Jeongyeon rushed in 'what the happened here?' she dropped to her knees next to them 'help me made her sit up straight and then go get Sana, her presence is necessary now' 

They struggled, but managed to get Dahyun to sit up, so the bodyguard could position herself behind her and squeeze her like she was her cocoon 'do you feel me idiot? I'm your best friend, the one who can protect you from everything' she talked slowly and in a low tone of voice. 

Meanwhile Jihyo had gone to call Sana, who positioned herself in front of her girlfriend, taking her face in her hands 'breathe slowly and concentrate on my voice. Everything will be for the best' 

Dahyun managed to calm down after nearly half an hour, the time it took Ms. Kim to find Nayeon.