Strange feelings

What is love?

Tzuyu had many chapters to study, but she took a break and picked up her cell phone, smiling at the sight of Nayeon's message notifications. She opened their chat and started giggling at the memes Nayeon sent her 'you are so absurd, where do you find these things?' she said out loud as she looked at the screen. 

She didn't hear her bedroom door opening and only became aware of her mother's presence when the latter took the cell phone from her hands 'who is Bugs Bunny? And why is distracting you from your studying?' she asked seriously. 

'I was taking a break, mom' Tzuyu took her phone back and closed the chat 'I'm an adult now, there's no need to check my phone' 

'You're right honey' her mother sat down next to her and took her hand 'I just don't like seeing you stressed about pilling up study pages' 

Tzuyu returned the squeeze and smiled reassuringly 'I can do it, I just need to have fun every now and then' 

'Seems right, but can I know who this person is?' she asked curiously. 

Tzuyu began fiddling with the pencil she held in her free hand 'she is my girlfriend.. More or less' she said softly. 

'More or less? Not sure?' 

'We love each other, but I feel that something is missing between us. I don't know how to explain this, plus I noticed that she and her sister's bodyguard have a lot more understanding than the two of us' 

Tzuyu's mother tenderly   her hair 'invite her to lunch with us, so you'll understand if you're made for each other. What do you think?' 

Tzuyu looked indecisive 'you and dad aren't very friendly to people you don't know, I don't want to see her feel bad, she doesn't deserve to suffer' 

'She must be our equal, you know how it works in our family. If she can't take criticism and she can't handle difficult situations then she's not the right person for you. Also, your dad and I met the son of a longtime friend and I think you'd get on really well to him. Think about it, okay?' she kissed her forehead and walked slowly out of her daughter's room. 

Tzuyu looked at the cell phone screen 'this could be the right time to understand what we are, sorry Nay' she wrote her the message with the invitation to lunch and went back studying. 

 

 

 

Dahyun had gathered her sisters in the living room and forced them to sit on the couch 'so, I asked you to come here because I have a proposal that you absolutely cannot refuse and that will be beneficial for all of us. As you well know my agency deals with many different things, but the sector that deals with creating commercials, posters and these things, is not doing very well because those who work in this sector are no longer able to create content of quality. You may be two idiots, but in terms of creativity you are amazing and I want you at the head of that sector, those people need someone to guide and stimulate them in their work'

Nayeon e Jihyo had their eyes and mouth wide open in surprise 'are you serious?' the latter asked in a low voice 'it is a big responsibility and part of your earnings are based on it' 

Dahyun nodded and gave a small smile 'I would never leave a part of my company to someone I'm not sure can do a good job' she took their hands and squeezed them tightly 'and I hate to see my sisters frustrated because they can't find a job, after all you've been through you just don't deserve it' 

Nayeon immediately hugged both of her sisters 'I promise we will do our best, we won't let you down' 

Dahyun smiled and released the hug 'let's go, so I'll show you what you have to take care of starting tomorrow' 

They stood up and Jihyo took them by the arm 'sisters in life and in business, who knows what will come out' 

 

They left the house and found Jeongyeon waiting, leaning against the car and with sunglasses on her nose 'why are you three today? Are we going to a party?' she asked. 

'No, we're going to the company, I just hired them to take care of the creative sector' 

They got into the car and Jeongyeon looked thoughtful 'I can understand that Jihyo is a great addition, but Nayeon would only make trouble, considering how stupid she is' 

Nayeon glared at her through the rear view mirror and reached out to pinch her arm 'think about doing your job, grumpy orangutan' 

'Wait until we get to the company, I'll give you the pinch back, you idiot rabbit'

Dahyun and Jihyo were exasperated by those two 'if you don't stop, I'll leave you both on foot' threatened the first with a serious and bored expression 'behave as adults from time to time, I assure you that your health will not be affected' 

 

Ariving at the company, Dahyun took her sisters for a tour of the facility and assigned them an office large enough for both of them, complete with two desks and everything they needed. 

Nayeon and Jihyo were both enthusiastic and immediately introduced themselves to the employees of their sector, who welcomed them with great enthusiasm. 

'I like it here, it's clear to me that you have thought of everything and I already feel at ease' Jihyo said as she looked around 'it's a new beginning for us and we are grateful for it, you are doing so much for us' she stopped to look around and looked into Dahyun's eyes. 

The younger smiled and hugged her 'I know you won't let me down, I watched you long before I made this decision' 

'We will give our best, I promise you, we already have some skills that could be useful to us. Anyway where did Nayeon and Jeongyeon go? Tell me they didn't go somewhere to kill each other' 

Dahyun shrugged 'they can eliminate each other if they want it so badly, as long as they don't get any blood on the floor or walls, I care about having a clean company' 

Jihyo made a horrified expression, making her sister laugh, who immediately reiterated the fact that she was only joking. 

 

 

Jeongyeon had taken Nayeon to see the gym 'this is where I spend most of my time, Dahyun wanted this gym especially for me. It is very convenient to have it here at the company because it allows me to always be close to Dahyun and to be available at any time' 

'My sister is really smart, I've found out that out by now' Nayeon was looking around 'is it also open to employees or can only you come?' 

Jeongyeon took off her jacket and threw it on a bench 'in theory this gym is mine, but I have no problem if someone wants to come and train. You would need it, you're flabby' she pinched her belly 'the pinch I owed you, now we are on par' 

Nayeon glared at her 'I'm a dancer, I'm anything but flabby, rude gorilla. You're all brawn and no brain, I don't know how I can handle you' 

'You can get out of my gym if my presence bothers you so much, that's the door, you can use it to get out of my sight' 

Jeongyeon turned her back to her and reached down to take two weights that were on the floor and Nayeon couldn't resist: she kicked her on the , knocking her on the floor. 

'This scene will remain with me for my entire life, it was truly amazing' she began to laugh until tears came to her eyes. 

Jeongyeon stood up and approached menacingly, forcing her to back away towards the wall 'try doing that one more time and you will see what happen, was I clear enough?' 

Nayeon looked at her defiantly 'what would you do? I'm really curious' 

The bodyguard slammed a hand on the wall next to her head and her gaze was lowered to Nayeon's face, but the latter noticed that she was not looking into her eyes, but on her lips. 

They were very close and Jeongyeon's heart was threatening to come out of her chest 'next time I'll take those bunny teeth out of your mouth' she said softly, finally looking into her eyes. 

It would take very little to be able to kiss her and Jeongyeon was really undecided about what to do. Nayeon had a girlfriend and in her mind there was already another person, would it have been right to give her that kiss? There was a risk of ruining their strange friendship and the only thought of this possibility made Jeongyeon's head spin, making her even more confused. 

The words that Sana told her reverberated in her mind, but she shook herself from her thoughts when Nayeon gave her a nudge on the forehead. 

'You're invading my living space, if you're done threatening me I'd like you to move' Jeongyeon moved quickly and Nayeon smiled at her as usual 'I enjoyed seeing you on the floor, I will love working here' she waved to her and left the gym, holding a hand on her chest where her heart kept beating faster and faster. 

 

 

Jihyo, after finishing at the company, decided to go for a walk in the park. As soon as she arrived she grabbed her new Polaroid and leaned down to get a good view of the flowers. After taking the shot she waited to see how the photo had turned out and smiled when she saw that it was a good shot.

'Isn't it a waste to use a Polaroid to photograph florets?'

Jihyo immediately turned around and recognized the person who was looking at her 'you are Momo, right? You are in the dance group with my sister'

'It's me, you should be Jihyo. I realize now that we haven't turned up decently to each other during the party' Momo smiled at her and reached out to help her get up and Jihyo accepted it immediately.

'You were quite busy shouting insults in two languages to Sana, it was really funny, if I may say so, although I couldn't understand some words because my Japanese is not the best'

'I'm not going to repeat them, these are words reserved only for that idiot, but know that I won the fight of insults' she looked proud of herself and had a mischievous smile on her face.

Jihyo chuckled 'what a strange source of pride, you are bizarre'

'You are too, you got dirty with earth to take a picture of some common flowers. I'm not judging you, I see that you are a very pure person and I don't consider it a flaw'

Jihyo felt caught off guard 'what are you referring to?'

Momo stretched and the tracksuit she was wearing clung even more to her body 'I don't know you and I could be wrong, but my instinct tells me that you are pure inside and out, I can recognize certain things. I think you are an interesting person, you are so different from your sisters that in a way you stand out much more than them despite being two people who are conspicuous. Don't look at me like that, I'm not insulting you'

A sigh came from Jihyo's mouth and she sat heavily on a bench 'even a stranger realizes I'm not very awake, great'

Momo sat down next to her 'there is nothing wrong with that, you have to decide when to have certain experiences. Anyway, how did you know that I was talking about that? I haven't been explicit'

They looked at each other for a few seconds 'I got it from the way you said it, no one uses these terms to refer to anyone anymore'

'If I offended you I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to do so' Momo took her hand 'but it's easy to notice that you are a very insecure and withdrawn person and for this I thought that using those terms would help you'

Jihyo looked at their hands 'you don't even know me, what's the point of talking about certain things with someone whose name you only know?'

'It is true that we do not know each other, but I think it is a waste to put yourself aside, you are a really good match and I think it's time for you to get involved in the adult world. Such a body certainly does not go unnoticed' she winked at her and Jihyo giggled.

'Nayeon is right, you are a weird erse'

'You don't even know how much, give me your number and you will see that in no time you will take over the world. Plus, I'm a person who talks a lot about other things too, you won't get bored'

That strange conversation had given Jihyo something to think about. It was strange to hear certain things from those who didn't know you and so from nowhere, but Momo was right: it was time to overcome her paranoia.