New emotions

What is love?

Every day for an unemployed person was the same as another and Sana knew this very well: she was spending the morning in her pajamas, on the couch, watching TV series and eating like there was no tomorrow. She had put on a little belly and made a face 'I should do some gymnastics, I'll start tomorrow' stated before eating a handful of chips.

During a romantic scene from the TV series she was watching her phone vibrated, signaling a notification. It was an email telling her to come to the boss' office within an hour for an interview, completed with the address attached. Sana got so excited she didn't look who sent that email and she ran to get dressed and rushed there quickly.

She was surprised when she realized she was in Dahyun's company 'okay, if this is a joke from Jeongyeon I swear I'll burn our house down before I flee to Japan'

Sana was looking for the boss' office and although at the entrance a guy had kindly explained the way to her, she couldn't find it. She was distracted looking at every detail: the coffee machines, the view outside the huge windows, the flower pots and even the doorknobs. 

When she was about to give up, a person behind her spoke in a serious and detached tone 'you're late Sana, but luckily for you my meeting just ended and I was late too. My office is around the corner' Dahyun passed her and walked ahead with a sure step. Sana followed her with her heart beating very fast and closed the door after she entered Dahyun's well illuminated and beautiful office: it was the same as the offices that she always saw in dramas. 

Dahyun sat down on her chair and looked at the girl who was eyeing her office dreamily 'come and sit down, we're already late and I don't have much time left' Sana immediately sat down in the chair opposite the desk. 

'So, I checked your resume and it's a bit meseareble but, as long as you can write down appointments on a piece of paper and bring me a coffee every now and then, that's okay' she handled her a sheet with the working hours written on it 'tell me what you think and if there is something wrong, we can discuss it' 

Sana looked at the sheet and then she looked over at Dahyun 'I have nothing to complain about the timetables, but there is something that makes me uncomfortable' 

'What? We can fix it' Dahyun urged her to keep talking. 

'It's your face, you're too serious. Honestly, you make me feel a little scared, you seem ready to eliminate me at any moment' when Sana noticed the seriousness in the face of the person in front of her she hastened to add 'but your face is beautiful, you don't even have a wrinkle! You're twenty-four right? Nobody wouldn't think so' 

Dahyun sighed 'yes I am and I know you're older than me, but I'm the boss here, so don't ever let yourself take all this confidence with me while we're at work, I don't even let Jeongyeon do that. All clear?' 

Sana nodded and then giggled 'you said you would solve my problem, but you're still looking at me seriously. Look, a smile will be enough and I assure you that your face will not age for it' 

'Now I understand why you are unemployed and why Jeongyeon asked me for help. You can go for today, start tomorrow and wear dark clothes if you don't like black, I can't stand all this pink' Dahyun already looked tired even though it was only eleven in the morning 'and don't be afraid of my face, I don't bite' 

Sana winked 'if you want to bite me I wold have nothing to complain about' then giggled and began to walk towards the door 'thanks for this opportunity, I'll do my best, but try to come and see me and Jeongyeon more often, we have seen very little and it's a shame' 

'I'll try to be free one of these days, but we will see each other here every day. Now go' 

 

When Sana closed the office door behind her she was smiling, happy to have a job again, but above all to have seen Dahyun for the fourth time, not that she was counting the times they met. 

Dahyun was looking at the door, thinking about the bite thing and her cheeks turned red 'was that a ual joke? Why is it so hot now?' she fanned herself with her hands and while trying to calm down, Jeongyeon walked in, sweaty from training in the gym Dahyun had set up in the company for her friend. 

'How did it go? Did she ridicule herself as usual?' 

'Quite a bit, but I hired her anyway, what trouble could she possibly cause by bringing coffee and marking meeting times?' 

 

 

When Jeongyeon got home Sana ran to hug her 'thank you, I finally have a job! Plus I can spend a lot of time with Dahyun, two birds with one stone' she had a huge smile and eyes that sparkled with joy 'I didn't think she could be so beautiful dressed in a formal way, even if her straight face scared me a little, but I will be able to make her smile' 

'I wish you good luck, it's a nearly impossible mission, especially if she's working' Jeongyeon began to prepare dinner and smiled 'but I'm sure you will succeed, it will do her good to have someone like you around for the whole day' 

Sana was setting the table, smiling 'I think I like her' she admitted 'I want to know her better, I hope she will give me the chance' 

Jeongyeon smiled in amusement 'I had noticed, you're so obvious. When we invited her to watch that stupid movie you did nothing but stare at her and what about your constant non-chaste looks? She has noticed, but she is too polite to kick your ' 

Sana smirked 'I wouldn't mind, she can also be rude to me' Jeongyeon's disgusted face made her laugh 'now let's eat, I'm starving' 

They sat down at the table and began to eat, both immersed in their thoughts. 

It was Jeongyeon who broke the silence 'I'm trying to forget her, Emily I mean, but no one I know interests me' they usually used chopsticks, but pasta was awkward to eat with those and Jeongyeon was playing with her fork 'I think I'm stupid' 

Sana's gaze softened and took Jeongyeon's free hand 'you're not stupid, but you can't stick to the past and stop yourself from loving someone else. And it's not your fault if you aren't interested in anyone, the soulmate arrives when you last expect it to. Plus, she is a who doesn't even deserve a thought from you'

'I don't think there is this phantom soulmate, it is something you see in fairy tales or movies' she retorted, getting a pinch on her leg. 

'You will see it and I will be ready to laugh on your face when you find your love' 

 

 

Working in the office wasn't that great: Sana had to mark Dahyun's meetings, attendees' times and names and bring her coffee when asked. As if that weren't enough, they couldn't even speak that much because her beautiful boss was always too busy. 

One day there was no meeting scheduled and Dahyun was at her desk reading articles on the computer when Sana brought her coffee and sat in the chair across from her 'would you like to chat for a while? I'm getting bored and all this silence makes me anxious' 

Dahyun looked at her and took off her glasses 'okay, but I think you know I'm not good at having conversations that aren't work related' 

'No problem, I have so many questions that you won't need to carry on the conversation' Sana smiled happily and started asking obvious questions like "what's your favorite color?" and coming to ask her for something more personal 'I bet your family is proud of you, what do they think about your job?' 

Dahyun's shoulders tightened, but she managed to keep her expression neutral 'I don't have a family' she said simply. 

'What do you mean? We all have a family' Sana was confused 'did you fight with them because of money?' 

The other girl sighed, running a hand through her hair 'I am an orphan Sana, my mother took me away from home when I was just born, changed my surname and then abandoned me because she had become an alcoholic. And before you ask me: I've never had friends, they always used me and then laughed at me behind my back. The only family I know is Jeong, but she arrived when I was nineteen. I don't like talking about it, can we change the subject now?' 

Dahyun was tense and Sana could have sworn her eyes were bright from unshed tears, so she did the only thing that came to her mind: she got up from her chair, walked around the desk and hugged Dahyun gently, her hair

'You are a strong person, you have all my respect for that, but I don't think holding back for everything is good for you. Despite all the evil received, you are a good person, even if your look is scary at times' Sana giggled and tucked a lock of hair behind Dahyun's ear 'those who never shown you respect only deserve your indifference, but I hope to make you change your mind about people and become part of your family' she gave her a bright smile. 

The other girl had never felt so safe in her life and she relaxed into that embrace, albeit briefly 'I hope so too' Dahyun released the embrace shortly after and looked at Sana 'what about your family?' 

'Oh, I didn't think you'd ask me questions too' she was surprised but then smiled 'my parents have lived in Korea since before I was born, but returned to Japan a few years ago, which is why I live with Jeong. I am an only child, but my grandparents never made me feel alone despite being distant. They have a sweet shop in Japan, maybe someday I'll take you there, you have to try them'

Dahyun's expression was as firm as ever, but she was more relaxed and seemed about to smile 'I'd love to do that' 

 

 

Dahyun never expected to find herself with coffee on her pants almost every day and to have meeting times crazier than usual. Sana could keep her company in the dead moments of the day and for this they become very close, but she had even broken the coffee machine in her office 'you're too clumsy and you're causing me a lot of trouble, what's the problem? I can see that you are distracted' 

'I can't concentrate when you are around' Sana admitted 'I'm always afraid of making a mistake and automatically that's what happens. I'm sorry Dahyun, if you don't fire me, I'll do it myself' 

Sana was surprised when Dahyun put a hand on her shoulder: she had gotten a lot more physical with her lately 'you've caused a lot of trouble this month, but I don't want to fire you. In fact, I have an offer for you: there will be a charity event in a month and I will need a bodyguard as Jeongyeon already has a commitment that day. I don't really want to ruin her plans, it happened last year too, so I thought I'd ask you to train and accompany me that day, it's a boring event and nothing ever happens, it's just a precaution. What do you think about it? I don't trust anyone else but you and Jeongyeon'

Sana was happy to hear that Dahyun trusted her, she felt special 'is it a date? Are you finally admitting to yourself that you have feelings for me?' Sana tried to kiss her and laughed when Dahyun put a hand on her face to stop her 'it isn't, you idiot. Try kissing me again and I'll take your bar card away, again' 

'You're merciless' Sana pouted 'accept, you will see how strong I will become in a month. I will also be back in perfect shape and I'll be the most beautiful bodyguard of all, not even Jeong will be able to compete' she said those words playfully, but her eyes seemed to speak, demanding an answer. 

Dahyun smiled a little 'we'll see, I think I'll have to be the judge' 

The atmosphere in the room suddenly changed when they looked into each other's eyes and then their gazes fell on each other's lips. Sana slowly approached to kiss Dahyun, placing a hand on the side of the latter, but someone knocked on the door and Dahyun immediately returned to the role of the serious Ceo with no emotions in the face and she walked away without batting an eye, sitting down behind the desk. 

When a guy walked into the office to introduce his product to Dahyun Sana left the office, ready to start training and courting the girl she fell in love with.