First meeting

What is love?

It was a rainy day, so the perfect day to stay at home with a cup of chocomilk, but not for Kim Dahyun. She hated everything at that point, but it was better for her to continue to be a Ceo or her life would be totally empty, excluding her best friend.

'Your face is horrible and you're scaring your baby fans. Relax or the photos will be the worst in the world and I won't be able to save you from a life without a partner'

Jeongyeon, her bodyguard and best friend, was amused, but her face turned serious after few seconds: she was ready to fight anyone who came too close to Dahyun. Fortunately nothing went wrong and the Ceo was able to enter her company without problems.

'Um.. Jeongyeon?' Dahyun asked at the threshold of her office 'say again something about my love life and I won't be able to pay you this month. You know, my company is going to collapse' she went to sit in the comfortable chair at the desk: it was quite expensive, but its comfort was worth the price. Plus, Dahyun had no problem with money. 

Jeongyeon pouted at her boss, knowing well that the Kim's company was one of the richest in Korea 'I have to pay my new Tv and I have to feed Sana. Do you have an idea of the quantity of food she eats? Since she lost her job she has been eating and emptying the fridge'

Dahyun raised her left eyebrow and smiled for three seconds: a big record. In that moment Jeongyeon had a wonderful idea 'Are you free tonight? I want to have dinner with you and Sana' her friend was thinking 'Please? I miss my best friend, plus Sana is funny and I'm sure we all three need a little distraction. You won't regret it'

'Okay, but remember: no hugs or kisses, I hate both and you know it very well. Tell her and I'll be there tonight' Dahyun sighed, she hated knowing someone new and this Sana was the type of person she didn't get along with, remembering what Jeongyeon told her about her roommate.

Jeongyeon smirked as Dahyun wasn't looking at her anymore, too focused on her computer's screen 'sure, she won't touch you even with a nail, boss' having said this she closed the door of the office and called Sana on the phone 'you're finally about to meet my best friend, she'll be your friend too and guess what? She loves hugs just like you, kisses too, especially when she meets someone new. I'm counting on you, I'll text you the list of things to buy!' she was already amused, that was going to be a great night. 

 

 

At dinner's time Dahyun rang Jeongyeon's house bell, tired but happy to have a break from her tiring and often boring work.

At the door came a girl taller than her with a big smile, shining eyes and long brown hair 'Jeongyeon, Dahyun is here!' she shouted before clutching the newcomer in a hug and filling her with kisses in the cheeks 'I'm Sana, Jeong told me you love to be hugged and kissed when you meet someone, so I think I've done a good job' Sana giggled and pulled Dahyun into the house. The shorter girl was shocked and didn't talk for a bit. That would have been a long dinner.

'You are twenty minutes late, luckily Sana made a mess in the kitchen and I had to clean before cooking or you would have found the food cold' Jeongyeon scolded her friend as she took off her kitchen apron 'Sana has welcomed you well I see' she smirked when she saw lipstick marks on her boss' cheeks. 

Dahyun gave her a murderous look and wiped her cheeks with the sleeve of the black sweater she was wearing 'yeah and to think I told someone to warn her not to do such a thing to me. I think I will have to start looking for a new bodyguard'

Sana was looking at them with a confused smile 'I don't wanna bother, but I think we should eat or all food will freeze' Dahyun and Jeongyeon sat at the same time and started eating, so she smiled at the first 'were you busy with someone? Is that why you were late?' she asked without any malice.

Dahyun stopped with her fork in midair and looked at her with a straight face 'we just met and the first thing that came to your mind is asking me if I'm dating anyone?'

'Don't be mean with her, she is just a curious person' Jeongyeon started, but Sana stopped her with a smile.

'I can speak for myself Jeongie' Sana was looking at Dahyun 'I was the first to be rude, I'm sorry Dahyun, let's make peace?' she brought her little finger to her, smiling.

Dahyun raised her eyebrows 'I'm not mad, we don't need to do.. This. You can take your finger back and, answering your question, I'm not dating, I was busy at the company'

Jeongyeon was surprised to see Dahyun so calm, maybe Sana was more special than she thought and the dinner would be better than she hoped for. Those two girls were special to her: she met Dahyun during first year of university and they became friends, it happened five years earlier, but the same year Jeongyeon left the university after finding herself with a broken heart and so she also met Sana in a shop where they both worked part time. After two years Dahyun offered her a job in the company she had just founded and decided to trust her friend and accept, leaving the little village where she lived and asking Sana to live together in order to divide the expenses. 

 

Dinner went well, even if it fell silent from time to time: Dahyun wasn't a talkative person, but Sana and Jeongyeon managed to get her to say something from time to time. They cleaned all together and Jeongyeon noticed Sana's interest in Dahyun, not that it was hard to notice, it was pretty blatant. 

'Sana, you asked me to see how far my hair goes, but it is much higher than where you are looking at. I can see you' Dahyun turned her head to the side and caught Sana looking at her 'are my pants dirty?' 

Jeongyeon, who saw the entire scene, was laughing out of control and a red Sana glared at her 'you should have told me she had noticed! You are a bad friend' she pouted adorably. 

Dahyun was amused, but she finished drinking the contents of her glass so as not to point it out to the other two who were busy bickering about what friendship was. She left just before midnight, smiling in her car, something she hadn't done in a long time: maybe she had a room for an extra friend, Sana wasn't that bad after all if she didn't think about how clingy she was. 

 

 

As Dahyun was on her way home, Sana went and threw herself on the sofa next to Jeongyeon 'you should have introduced her to me a long time ago, you met her just before you met me' 

'After what happened with Emily I didn't want to risk losing one of you, I wanted to make sure you liked each other at least a little' 

Sana hugged her strong friend and smiled with her eyes sparkling 'I don't know if she can tolerate me, but I can tell you that I really like her'