028

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“Sunbae, someone’s looking for you downstairs.” Joon commented as he walked in their office, Haerin looked up from her computer.

“Who?”

“I don’t know, the receptionist just called. She said that he’s a friend of yours.”

Haerin nodded, she checked the time on her phone before glancing over to Jungah’s empty desk. She frowned; she hadn’t heard from her for almost a week now.

She stood up from her seat and quietly left the office, she ran her fingers through her hair as she got inside the elevator.

“It can’t be Heejun,” She murmured to herself, her thoughts going to her ex-boyfriend who had been publicly humiliated by Jungah’s friends, or sugar daddies. The older girl never really gave her straight answers when it came to those ridiculously good-looking guys with fancy cars.

“He wouldn’t dare step in here again. No.” She murmured to herself, the doors opened, and she made her way towards the receptionist’s desk and she paused, instantly recognizing the male who was waiting for her.

“Haerin-ssi.” He smiled as he saw her, Haerin pause in mid-step, but she continued.

“Hi, I..Oh my, I wasn’t expecting to see you.” She blurted out as she reached him, the male smiled before giving her a quick hug.

“I know, I’m sorry. If I had..asked for her, I know she wouldn’t have come down.”

Haerin slowly nodded back, she puffed her cheeks before speaking.

“She’s actually on a leave, I think she’ll be back by next Monday. But I’m not really sure.”

“Really? Did she get sick? I’ve..been trying to reach her, but..I don’t know how to.” The male trailed off, his lips curling up. Haerin mentally grimaced, not knowing what else to say.

“I’m not asking for her number, don’t worry.” He chuckled, seeing her reaction.

“Oh, great. That means I would have to ask Jungah first, but I haven’t been able to reach her for days.”

“Uhm, could you tell her I came by?”

“Of course.” She nodded with a smile, the male glanced around them before speaking.

“She’ll…talk to me, right?” He asked, Haerin could sense how anxious he was.

“I…I don’t know, but, I’ll tell her you came by.”

 

 

 

Kihyun grew amused as his grandfather turned to him again, probably going to ask about Jungah.

“So, you dropped her off at the party, with Wonwoo?”

He nodded back and set his fork down, he could sense his mother’s gaze.

“Yes, they already made plans. I would have invited her to dine with us, but then…she was adamant about seeing him.” He trailed off, more like, Jungah had a plan and as crazy as it was, meeting Kim Donghee in the flesh will send signals. Signals that were very useful to them.

“I don’t like it.” The elder Yoo stated as he dabbed his lips with the napkin, Mrs. Yoo paused, her eyes going to her father-in-law.

“Why? They’re the perfect match, abeonim.” She said as she poured more wine for her husband.

Kihyun grinned to himself and looked at the elder.

“Perfect match? That boy looks like he can’t even lift her luggage. You know our Jungah is a packrat.”

“I don’t see…the point there.” Kihyun murmured to himself but he continued eating.

“Why would you say that? He’s known her for so long, and he has always been so obviously smitten with her.”

“Still, it’s a no for me. I want someone who can protect her. Someone…sturdy.”

“Sturdy. Like a table?” Mrs. Yoo deadpanned, Kihyun chortled as his grandfather rolled his eyes.

“Jungah is our only girl, why marry her off to the Jeon son? It’s quite obvious that she’s not smitten with them.” The elder said as he forked through his salad, Kihyun glanced at the elder.

He wasn’t lying.

Jungah never showed any interest towards Wonwoo, in fact, she never showed interest towards anyone. And then he tilted his head.

He glanced at his father, who had also paused.

“Son, what do you think? Wonwoo doesn’t suit our Jungah, right?”

Kihyun’s father set his utensils down, looking confused.

“I’m all for Jungah choosing who to..be with, but, for you to be discussing this, isn’t…it quite..rude towards her..and him?”

“Him? Wonwoo?” The elder rolled his eyes again, the SK Holdings chairman was rolling his eyes over dinner because he did not approve of Jeon Wonwoo. Kihyun grew amused, but then something was bothering him.

“No, not him. But, him.”

“Who are you talking about, honey?”

“Doesn’t Jungah have a boyfriend? We met him last year.” Mr. Yoo said with a sigh, Kihyun paused, his eyes widened. He totally forgot about the guy.

“Oh. Oh my.” Mrs. Yoo blurted out, the elder Yoo paused and scrunched his nose.

“So, leave her alone. I’m sure she can decide for her own.”

 

 

 

Jungah barely made it through the doors when she heard Wonwoo’s voice behind her.

She had to get out. Fast.

Her fingers curled around the small clutch she was holding onto, the Hermes logo dug into her palm as she moved.

Kim Donghee and Rowoon. The son Changkyun could never find. He was estimated to be born on 1996.

Wonwoo and Rowoon were the same age.

She chewed on her lower lip as she got inside the elevator, she gasped when a hand shot out and Wonwoo stepped in.

“Noona, what’s wrong?” He asked as he faced her, she pressed on the L button before facing him.

“I kind of need to go, Wonwoo-ah. It’s an emergency.”

Wonwoo pressed his lips together, his eyes went to her bag, hearing her phone vibrate. His forehead creased and he exhaled before speaking.

“Is it him? Is he the one calling?”

Jungah paused, confused with his words.

“Wonwoo~”

“He’s a criminal, noona. Do you think I don’t know? His family is involved with the mafia, he runs drug dens, he’s even dabbled into ion and drugs.” He spoke, Jungah balked at him, unsure of what to say.

“Wonwoo, what~”

“That Son Hyunwoo. He’s nothing but trouble. You’re probably just a game to him, a trophy he wants to claim.”

The elevator grew quiet, Jungah swallowed as her phone continued to vibrate. The doors pinged open and she hurriedly stepped out. She saw the dark figures by the doors and she felt instant relief, at least her hyungnims were there.

“Noona, wait,” Wonwoo reached for her arm and spun her around, the girl tensed, seeing the seriousness in his eyes.

“Please stay. He’s not good for you, noona.”

“This isn’t because of him, Wonwoo. I really need to go, I don’t feel so well.” She said as she tried to shake him off, but Wonwoo wouldn’t budge. She shook her head, wondering why her guards weren’t approaching. For once, she needed them to take care of this.

“Every time he calls, you run to him. Noona, we haven’t seen each other in years, why can’t I have this one night with you?

That sounded so wrong in so many levels. But I get his point.

Where the hell are my hyungnims?

“Wonwoo, please let go. I’ll call you tomorrow, I promise.” She said as she tried twisting her arm away from him but the male only pulled her closer.

“I can’t let you~”

Jungah froze when an arm suddenly s from behind her then across her waist, pulling her back against a very solid chest. Jungah looked down and recognized the Panerai timepiece on the arm that was holding her.

Ah, here’s the reason why my hyungnims weren’t moving.

“She wanted to be let go.” Shownu’s voice was flat as he met Wonwoo’s gaze, his palm firmly pressed on her side.

“Are you going to drag her away again? Isn’t that what you do best?” Wonwoo shot back, his eyes narrowed at the male. The corners of his lips went up, Shownu slowly dropped his arm to his side.

“It’s her choice if she wants to go or not, but you shouldn’t be holding onto her.” Shownu said, the two males who were standing behind him glanced at each other, hearing the double meaning their boss had thrown in.

“You don’t own her, you punk.” Wonwoo said, Jungah grimaced but she inched closer to Shownu. And Wonwoo caught that movement.

“Nobody does.” His reply was short, his eyes went to the girl beside him.

“Are you ready to go? Or would you like to stay?” Shownu asked as he took out his car key, offering it to her.

“I can’t drive in these shoes, and I’m not feeling well.” She murmured, sensing the tension between the two males. She faced Wonwoo again, he was frowning at her.

“I really need to go, Wonwoo. I’m sorry for having to leave early.” She said, Wonwoo pursed his lips before speaking.

“Think about it, noona. He~” Wonwoo tried to reach for her hand, but the girl drew back. Shownu’s forehead creased, noticing how she recoiled. He pressed his palm on her back, reassuring her that he was still there.

“I’ll call tomorrow.” Jungah said before giving him a small smile and turning away from him, Shownu followed suit and the girl’s two hands went to the sleeve of his coat.

“I have to tell you something.” She blurted out as they were steps away from Wonwoo.

“Is it bad?”

“It’s kind of a big deal. And bad.” She frowned at him, Shownu nodded, but then he glanced behind them, sensing Wonwoo’s gaze. And he was right, the Jeon son was staring right at them, or to where Jungah was holding.

“Shownu, listen to me.” She half-whined, realizing that he wasn’t looking at her. He diverted his gaze and his lips curled into a smile. He then gently brushed her fingers off and made the girl hook arms with him instead.

“How bad is it that you smashed both GPS locators on your shoes?” He murmured, the girl frowned as she pressed the side of her head against his arm.

“I panicked. I needed to get out.” She whispered back, Shownu nodded and let the girl lean on him.

Wonwoo turned away and stalked back to the elevator.

They walked through the doors and Jungah paused, her brows went up and she pulled away from him.

“This isn’t your car.” She commented as the Lamborghini Urus lit up, Shownu opened the door for her. The guards grinned at each other.

“Get inside, then we can talk.”

“One Dot,” She paused and turned to him before getting inside the Urus.

“Hmm?”

“I met Changkyun’s mystery man.”

“What?” Shownu could only stare at her, but Jungah’s eyes were wide.

“And I found him quite handsome. Do you think he’ll forgive me?”

“Jungah?” Shownu said as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, the girl pressed her lips together before speaking.

“What?”

“Please get in the car, your Baby Chae and Two Dots are at the basement. And things might get…explosive. So, let’s go.”

 

 

 

Jungah watched as their men unloaded several wooden crates from the truck, the same truck she saw earlier at the hotel basement. She didn’t even want to ask about the driver and Kim Donghee’s men.

But one glance at the black Subruban answered her questions.

She was still wearing the black dress from earlier, but Changkyun had arrived with a pair of normal heels, no GPS locators. And she didn’t know what to feel about that yet.

“You didn’t really have to come with us here.”

She turned just as Shownu walked towards her, Hyungwon and Wonho were facilitating which crates to open and which ones were to check.

“I want to talk to everyone.” She murmured, Shownu shook off his coat and gently draped it around her frame. Her eyes caught a flash of yellow and purple, and she smiled.

“Your Twin Chaos have arrived.” Shownu stated as he stood beside her, his hands buried in his pockets.

“You asked me to be nice towards your friend, I don’t think I can continue doing that.” He said to her, Jungah glanced at him and she nodded.

“I know.”

“I’m sorry.” He added, Jungah exhaled and simply pulled the coat closer to her.

“It’s fine. And, you don’t have to be nice with him if you don’t want to.” She muttered, Shownu paused and he faced the girl.

“Jungah, did he…hurt you? Did something happen at the party? Is that why you were so pale? If he touched you, then I will~”

“No. Wonwoo would never hurt me. And you will not do anything to him.” She intervened, noticing his jaw tighten, Shownu exhaled and looked away.

“I just realized something and put things together..and all this time, I have been putting everyone in danger.” She said, Kihyun arrived and his eyes narrowed on her. Jungah rolled her eyes at him and hid behind Shownu. Minhyuk’s white Maserati rolled in, he was smiling as he saw her.

“How was your night princess?” He asked, but Jungah simply waved them all towards the table. Hyungwon and Wonho paused to join them.

“So, I have news.” She begun as she approached the table, the males started to sit. The guards approached them and stood by. Shownu took the seat next to Wonho and the guards paused, even the guys were confused.

Jungah stopped walking and she looked around.

“Oh my god, is this my punishment? I have to stand while~”

Kihyun sighed, he pointed at the only empty chair on the table. The chair that was at the head of the table, the very seat Shownu usually sat on.

Minhyuk and Changkyun grinned at each other.

“One Dot that’s my seat. I sit next to Two Dots and Baby Chae~”

“Jungah, please.” Shownu replied, she sighed before plopping down and she took out her phone.

“I know who Kim Donghee’s son is.”

Changkyun was the first one to react, he was staring at her.

“He was at the party?” Jooheon frowned, he took Jungah’s phone and Hyungwon leaned over, wanting to see the screen.

“Yes. And, I’ve known him..for months now.”

“What?!” Kihyun screeched, Minhyuk grimaced as he glanced at the guards.

“You’ve known him. How did you get acquainted with him?” Shownu leaned forward, his hands were on the table, his fingers drumming softly against the wood.

“And he’s the tall guy from the CCTV footage. Ridiculously tall.”

“Jungah. How.” Kihyun demanded, Jungah puffed her cheeks and took her phone again.

“This is him. Kim Rowoon.”

There was a photo of Rowoon and her on the phone, Wonwoo had taken it when they once had lunch together.

Oh .” Changkyun blurted out, Wonho let out a sigh and shook his head.

“You mentioned Wonwoo.” Kihyun said, Jungah grimaced and nodded.

“They’re cousins. And he introduced us.”

“See! I told you he was !”

“That’s why I never liked him!”

“That twerp! I could just break him in two.”

Jungah stared at her Dots in horror, and it didn’t take much effort imagining Wonho snapping Wonwoo into two.

“Yeah, so, moving along,” She pressed her palms together, hoping they’d drop it, but one look at One Dot’s smiling face made her grimace.

“Son Hyunwoo, don’t you dare.” She hissed at him, the guards almost laughed.

“You know what else she said, Changkyun-ah? Jooheon-ah?”

“What is it?” Jooheon grumbled, annoyed.

“She found him quite handsome.” Shownu added with a playful smile, Minhyuk made a gagging noise. Hyungwon frowned at her.

“Wow, have I not taught you anything, Jooheon’s princess?” Hyungwon said, feigning hurt in his voice. Jungah was itching to grab the knife strapped on her thigh and throw it at him.

“I feel so offended, noona. Ouch.” Changkyun added as he leaned back against his seat and crossed his arms.

“H-How was I supposed to know? And, you’re all so quick to hate Wonwoo, we don’t even know that he knows~”

“Still, he brought you to Kim Donghee’s son.” Shownu pointed out, his tone serious. Wonho nodded with him, agreeing.

“Oh, we don’t care. We just hate him.” Jooheon shrugged in reply, Changkyun readily nodded.

“Well, know we’ve proven that he’s the one stealing from us, and by he probably already knows that we’ve been made aware.” Minhyuk continued, Kihyun leaned back on his seat and looked at his cousin.

“I know what that means, don’t look at me like that, oppa.” She said, Hyungwon grinned her before speaking.

“No more meeting Jeon Wonwoo. And~”

“Handsome Rowoon.” Jooheon made a face while speaking, Shownu bit his lip and looked away.

“Come on, grow up.”

“No, he should stop growing. That guy is a literal~”

“I would like to go home and have dinner. Will that possible, hyungnim?” Jungah stood up from her seat, Hyungwon and Wonho chuckled.

“Yes, young miss.” The guards glanced at Shownu over her shoulder.

“She hasn’t eaten. Let’s have dinner at home.” The eldest spoke, Jungah watched as her guards walked towards the waiting cars.

“Jungah,” Minhyuk spoke as he walked up to her, the girl smiled and held hands with him.

“Good job, and we mean it. We would never be able to find out about his son and the lost crates if you weren’t so recklessly brave. But we love it.”

“Do not encourage her.” Kihyun muttered behind them, Jooheon and Changkyun were already speeding away.

“That’s why I still have the knife, oppa.”

“Exactly, you should have given that Rowoon a clean slice, it might have shortened our To Do List.” Hyungwon commented as he walked beside her and slung one arm around her neck.

“And this is why you don’t have many friends.” Jungah said, Shownu exhaled as he trailed behind them, Jungah was laughing as she chatted with Minhyuk and Baby Chae.

“See, she can handle it. You don’t have to coddle her.” Wonho suddenly spoke, keeping pace with him.

Shownu paused, he pressed his lips together.

“Hyunwoo-ah, be her friend. She’s already comfortable around you, unlike with Wonwoo.”

“Don’t~”

“I won’t stop, because I really hope that she’ll like you back.” Wonho mused at him before heading towards his car.

“Son Hyunwoo?” He heard Jungah’s voice, the girl was standing next to his car, Shownu nodded and jogged towards her.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++