010

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Wonwoo looked away from the bookshelf as he heard the doors open; his secretary gave him a polite bow as the female showed familiar face into the office.

“I did hear right,” The tall male spoke as he walked in, Wonwoo broke into a grin before giving his cousin a hug.

“What did you hear?”

“About you finally being back here. How are things?” He chuckled as he picked up the box on the floor and set it on the table, Wonwoo snorted and went back to arranging his shelf, his staff offered to do it for him, but he wasn’t uncomfortable with it.

“How are things? Look where I am now.” He said dryly, the other male let out a laugh and proceeded to take the items out of the box.

“At least they gave you a big office.” His cousin mockingly said, Wonwoo shook his head and walked towards his desk.

“I like being back.” He simply stated, his cousin turned to him with raised brows.

“Really?” He replied, Wonwoo’s secretary entered the room with coffee. Wonwoo thanked the lady before facing his cousin.

“Really.”

“Is this because of that pretty lady?” The other male said, teasing. He picked up his coffee and Wonwoo smiled.

“Probably yes.”

“You should have asked her out long ago, Jeon Wonwoo. It’s been years.” He pointed out in between sips, he slowly sat down and looked at the other male.

“It’s fine, I mean, Jungah noona…she’s always been..there, you know.”

“What do you mean?”

Wonwoo took the seat across him and exhaled.

“That noona, since she doesn’t really expose herself to others, I don’t think…I don’t think I should be worried. She has a small group of friends that she rarely hangs out with too.”

“Are you saying that you don’t have any competition? I’ve seen your photos with her, she’s beautiful. You should be worried.”

Wonwoo rolled his eyes and finished his coffee.

“Even our families know, for now, I just don’t want things to change between us. And, maybe you’re right, maybe…I don’t have any competition, because, she’s not exactly the type to entertain guys.”

“Suit yourself, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

 

 

 

Jungah sighed as she opened her car’s trunk, she could feel her two guards behind her, wanting to hover or help her with the boxes.

“We agreed about this, hyungs. You guys just watch and look out while I do my job and go about my usual stuff.”

“Still, young miss, those boxes look heavy.”

“Are you saying I’m weak?” She gasped in reply, the two males sighed, already used to her antics.

“I’ll be fine, I just need to have this received by the PR department.” She shrugged as she walked away from them, with a box in tow. One of the men walked behind her, Jungah was about to get inside the elevator when a car suddenly rolled in, it was a Mercedes Benz sedan and from the passenger seat a smiling Minhyuk appeared.

“Hi, princess.”

The guard gave him a small bow before moving away.

“Oppa, hey?”

“What are you doing? What kind of job do you have? Why do they make you carry these heavy things?” Minhyuk asked, he glanced at the men but Jungah shook her head.

“I’m only here to hand these in, oppa. It’s nothing really.”

“Still,” Minhyuk made a face and took the box from her, and then he pulled her into the elevator with her.

“What brings you here, oppa? Do I even want to know how you found me? Or, did Changkyun put some sort of tracking device on the car?”

“Well, I called your guards, and you’re right, I should have just checked with Changykun.” He chuckled, Jungah snorted in reply.

“Safety reasons, Jungah. We would never spy on you, you know that.”

“I know. You’re not busy today?” She asked, the elevators pinged open and they both stepped out, Minhyuk shrugged at her.

“I have a meeting to attend later, but I needed to check on you for a bit.”

“That bad?” She sighed, he gave her a small nod as he set the box down, Jungah waved for one of the employees to come over.

“They got your details, Jungah. And, we still don’t know who sent that guy.”

“He still didn’t spill after what One Dot did to him?” She blinked, confused, surely being “questioned” by Son Hyunwoo would make any person open their mouth.

“That’s the problem, he won’t let him spill. ” Minhyuk shrugged again, Jungah paused and looked at him.

“Since when he was asking him to talk, he wouldn’t so, he’s not going to let him talk at all.”

“What?”

“Oh, hyung has him suspended about ten feet above the ground with a gag on his mouth.”

“Do I want to know what he’s suspended over?” Jungah said as she signed over the documents and pushed the box towards the staff.

“Everland’s zoo area is closed today, particularly the reptile zone. Crocodiles can be so cute up close, you know.” Minhyuk said as they headed back to the elevator, he pressed the button for her.

Jungah halted, realizing what he was trying to say, her jaw dropped.

“What?”

Minhyuk simply winked at her and gestured for her to go first.

“I think I made the wrong friends.” Jungah mumbled to herself.

 

 

 

“It’s theirs. I’m sure of it.” Wonho said as he walked in the room, Changkyun looked up from his computer.

“I had it traced on the streets; they say that Hong Daeshik still frequents that same club.” The older male continued, Jooheon grinned and nodded.

“Didn’t hyung warn him not to sell his goods in our area? No wonder the police haven’t been taking our calls.” Jooheon commented, Changkyun sighed and pushed his laptop away from him. The three were at the basement of the manor where Hyungwon’s armory and Changkyun office were both located.

“He’s probably selling again.” Changkyun commented, Wonho sat down and shook his head.

“What should we do, hyung? I’m pretty sure Lee Daecheol got those from him, or…he could have used it as payment.” Jooheon murmured.

“I spoke to Hyunwoo just now, he’s at a meeting and he can’t join us. So, are you two fine with paying our old friend a visit?”

The two nodded, Jooheon then stood up and rubbed his palms together.

“Don’t cause trouble, that place is not part of our turf. And, we still don’t know why someone wanted to hack into us. And Jungah.”

Chankyun grinned at the mention of the girl.

“She’s quite a handful, huh, hyung?”

“She is. I’ve never seen Shownu sigh.” Wonho chuckled as he browsed through Hyungwon’s shotgun display.

“I think they’ll be good friends.” Jooheon called out, he was checking emails on his phone.

“They will. Shownu needs a headache from time to time, things usually go his way, you know.” Wonho continued, Changkyun grinned and stood up.

“I agree, it amazes that he doesn’t lose his cool with her.” Jooheon chimed in, Wonho grinned to himself and looked at the screen again.

“We really have to check on Hong Daeshik. We need to keep her safe.”

“But, hyung, wouldn’t it be easier if people just…find out her relationship with us? Surely, her being seen associating with you or even Shownu hyung, that will keep the bad..elements away.” Changkyun chimed in, Wonho shook his head.

“It might or it may also put more eyes on Jungah.”

Jooheon grimaced, and Changkyun slowly nodded.

“For now, let’s just make sure she’s safe, Kihyun will kill us if something happens to her.” Wonho stood up and walked towards the door.

“True.”

“Call me if something comes up, and, please,” Wonho eyed the two warily, Jooheon batted his eyes at him.

“We would like to see Hong Daeshik in one piece.”

Changkyun chuckled and went back to his desk.

 

 

 

“I don’t…Why are you like this?” Jungah sighed as Haerin dragged her towards the club’s entrance, her guards were parked across the street, the two looked anxious as hell.

Jungah was already preparing to leave work when Haerin suddenly came up to her and dragged her to the ladies’ room, her officemate had somehow managed to talk her into changing the matching body-hugging silk dresses she bought for them and declared that they were going clubbing since it was a Friday.

Jungah was thankful that the girl didn’t ask why she had two men in black suits driving her around, instead Haerin simply got in the car and gave them directions.

“Thanks for giving me the blue one, I don’t think I can pull off red.” Jungah mumbled as she rubbed her arms, there was a line outside the club, Haerin grinned at her.

“We haven’t done this in a while, we always go to restaurants and head home right after. We aren’t that old yet.”

“But, usually…we plan these kind of…things.” Jungah muttered as they moved along, she sent her two guards a look and they walked back to the car.

“Being spontaneous is fun!” Haerin announced, and then they were finally let in. Jungah looked around in fascination, it was dark inside and it the smell of expensive liquor immediately surrounded her.

“This may not be the best club in the area, but,” Haerin said over the loud beats of the music, she was practically yelling now.

“This is the best place for hooking up!”

Haerin noticed how the girl’s face changed and she chuckled, they walked towards the bar and she called for the bartender.

“I meant to meet new guys, unnie. Chill.” Haerin said before ordering drinks for them, Jungah shook her head and she studied the crowd of dancing bodies a few meters away from her. She was hungry, and she really wasn’t in the mood for a round of drinks and dancing. But, she can’t leave Haerin alone.

“Haerin-ah,” Jungah turned to her and then she paused when the bartender arrived with another set of drinks, the two girls paused.

“It’s from the man across,” He commented, Jungah followed his gaze only to find a man in his forties staring right at them. She noticed the scar on his chin as he shifted on his seat, he winked at them.

Haerin recoiled and looked at the drinks.

“If we reject this, we might appear rude.”

“Don’t drink it if you don’t feel like it.” Jungah made a face as she pushed the glass away from her, she was about to slide down from the stool when a dark figure suddenly appeared before her. Haerin stilled, realizing it was the man who bought them drinks.

“You don’t like it? You can order something else, it’s on me.” He said as he leaned closer, Jungah saw that he was flanked by three burly men, they all had visible dark tattoos on their necks.

“It’s fine, I don’t really drink.”

The man smiled, Jungah could feel his eyes on her body and she stepped back, she grimaced as she collided against the bar.

“How about your friend, does she drink?” He asked, he glanced at Haerin.

“W—We were just about to go.” She stated, she was about to grab Jungah’s arm but the scarred man blocked her.

“Look, mister, we’re not inter~”

“I offered to buy you drinks so that you could have fun without having to spend money, why can’t you at least humor me a little?” He let out a raspy laugh as he leaned in, Jungah could feel his breath on her neck and then his hand went up and down her arm.

Jungah was about to slap his hand away when the male was suddenly ripped away from her.

“Seriously, we have to stop meeting like this.” A familiar voice said, Haerin turned her head and paused.

Jooheon was smiling at her while holding onto the man’s arm from behind, his three men were about to move forward but someone had stepped in before them.

“Jooheon-ah.”

Jooheon winked at her, and then man started groaning in pain, and then he begun cussing him out.

“I wouldn’t really do that if I were you,” Changkyun said in a flat tone as he eyed the three men, they scoffed at him.

“Stay out of this!” The male under Jooheon’s hold hissed at him and then he paused, recognizing the two young males, he started to laugh.

“The young masters are here.” He cackled, Jooheon laughed with him before shoving him away without warning. The older male almost fell flat on his face.

“Are you still doing this? Bothering women at the club?” Jooheon spoke, he stepped between them and the two girls.

Changkyun turned to them, Haerin was blatantly staring at him.

“Are you okay, noona? Did he touch you?” He asked in low tones, Jungah shook her head.

“I’m fine, but~”

“He did, I saw it.” Jooheon hollered, his eyebrows scrunched together.

Changkyun suddenly turned as one of the male’s henchmen yanked him by the coat, and then it all happened so fast. Other clubgoers started to rush away from them as two of the three burly men were already clutching onto their bleeding arms. The other one could only stare at his boss while Jooheon had him in a chokehold, he was turning purple but Jungah’s baby Joo was still smiling at her.

“Jooheon-ah.” She muttered, and then her guards appeared, they started to surround the scene.

“Take them outside. We can handle it here.” Changkyun spoke as he tossed the blade to the ground.

“Yes, sir.”

Haerin was already being escorted by one the guards, Jungah was about to walk towards Changkyun wanting to wipe the blood off on the face of his watch.

“Young miss, please.” A guard spoke, carefully pulling her with him, Changkyun winked at her as she was being whisked away from them.

“And,” Jooheon spoke, the guard turned.

“Call Shownu hyung for me.”

And the male in Jooheon’s hold immediately froze.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++