Preparations........

Game Players, Love Players

Jessica’s POV

 

Yoona has been bugging me to help her make a move on Yuri. At first I was very surprised because I know Yoona’s not gay. Since elementary she’s been in love with our classmate Siwon. But he played us both. Maybe that’s the reason why she hates men now. But the problem is I don’t know Yuri at all. I haven’t seen her or even texted her. So today, Yoona and I are crashing a get-together party. Well, not really, since she said someone invited her.

 

“Unnie when you see a simple yet beautiful tanned girl that would be Yuri.” Yoona said, her eyes sparkling.

 

“Neh….” I lazily replied. It is almost night time and we are entering a grill stall. The lights are dim and the only well lit part of the place is a mini stage near the karaoke box. Someone is fixing the mic while the intro to a familiar song played. (A/N: The song is Terrified by Katharine Mcphee)

 

“This goes to all my friends who are lovesick right now. Fighting!”  Yoona is looking for her friends when I heard the girl on the stage said. I can’t see her clearly because she’s facing the other way. But when she faced my direction I was caught off guard.

 

 

You, by the light

Is the greatest find

In a world full of wrong

You’re the thing that’s right

 

 

Her voice is one thing but her expression and the way she sings it is just amazing.

 

You set it again, my heart’s in motion

Every word feels like a shooting star

I’m at the edge of my emotions

Watching the shadows burning in the dark

And I’m in love

And I’m terrified

For the first time and the last time

In my only life

 

I'm caught up in the moment. That weird moment when you think every word of the song is happening as someone is singing it. She looked at my direction then smiled sweetly.

 

‘Oh my God is she smiling at me?’

 

“Yuri!” Someone from the front yelled and I saw a tanned girl behind me.

 

“Excuse me miss.” Yuri said to me then joins the others.

 

*clap clap clap

 

I didn’t notice that the song was finished. Yoona is waving at me signaling at me to come over. I walked closer to their table and saw the girl who just sang.

 

“Guys I invited Yoona, I hope it’s okay.” Someone who said her name is Hyoyeon talked. I saw Yuri tensed a bit and the singer smiled again.

 

‘That smile is killing me.’

 

“I hope it’s not too much, but I brought my best friend Jessica with me.” I heard Yoona said. I was not paying much attention. I just bowed a little and continue looking at the singer.

 

“Oh really? I think you haven’t met my best friend either. This is Tiffany.” Yuri introduced the singer.

Tiffany smiled and hug Yuri’s arm while waving to us.

 

‘So it’s Tiffany. Nice name. Besfriend? Why do I feel like something is not right? I definitely have to help Yoona get Yuri so I can have Tiffany.’

 

 

 

 

 

After a few days……….

 

 

“Yoona don’t worry about Yuri I’ll make sure she’ll be yours.” All of a sudden Jessica just blurted out.

 

Yoona was a bit surprised with Jessica because as far as she remembers, Jessica is getting tired of her. But know, all of a sudden she’s willing to help. What happened?

 

“Ah sure unnie. But…….why…...nevermind. Just don’t make it too drastic. I know you.” Yoona warned Jessica.

 

Yoona knows Jessica is known for being straightforward and cold. She can be cruel sometimes. You’re done before you even know it if you don’t pay attention.

 

“Leave it to me Yoona.” Jessica said.

 

“On second thought, just draw her to me unnie. I’ll make my own move.” Yoona said worried.

 

“Whatever Yoona.” Jessica said then leaves.

 

“Don’t forget we’re moving tomorrow!!!..” Yoona shouted making sure Jessica heard her.

 

“Otteoke….” Yoona sighed.

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I was busy preparing our presentation for civic welfare for tomorrow when my phone beeps.

 

From: Unknown

         Hi Yuri! Jessica here.

 

 

“Jessica? Could this be Yoona’s best friend?”

 

To: Unknown

        Hi there. Are you Yoona’s bestfriend?

 

“Why would she text me?” I finalize what I’m doing then relax on my bed when my phone beeps again.

 

From: Unknown

        Yes I am. Hope I’m not disturbing you.

 

I saved her number then replied.

 

To: Jessica Jung

       Not at all.  :)

 

‘Should I ask her why she’s texting me? But it will sound like I don’t want her to text me.’

 

*Beep

 

 

From: Jessica Jung

       Good! Do you have feelings for Hara? Because considering your messages to her, it looks like you two are flirting.

 

I almost dropped my phone after I read her message. I reread it again and again and I can only shake my head in disbelief. Is she always like this? Although I had an impression of her last time but I have yet to prove it. This is a solid proof then.

 

To: Jessica Jung

        Well, since you’re so straight, I have a crush on her. Does it bother you?

 

 

“Isn’t it a bit arrogant? Oh well, she’s more arrogant. Tch!”

 

I waited a long time for her answer but when I checked my phone it is dead. Great!

 

 

Next morning……..

 

Yuri checked her phone that she charged over night. There are messages from Tiffany reminding her of today’s presentation, an invitation from Kahi and a call from Jessica Jung.

 

She put her phone in her bag and went to the town where they will be having their presentation. During the presentation she put her phone in silent mode.

 

 

Meanwhile……

Yoona and Jessica moved to Kahi’s apartment at the latter’s delight.

 

“Just put it right there. This will be your room. I will not charge you of any rent, just share with the utilities and grocery.” Kahi explained.

 

“Thanks Kahi-unnie.” Jessica said finding an instant connection between them.

 

“I’ll go buy the things we need for your moving in party. I invited few friends.” Kahi said excitedly.

 

“Yay!!! Party!!!” Yoona and Jessica cheered.

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri’s presentation is a success. They just have to make the documentation for their final project then they can totally rest. She checked her phone and found lots of messages and missed calls. Good thing she put it in silent mode.

 

From: Kahi unnie pabo

       Don’t forget to come over to my apartment. I organized a party for veery special guests. See yah!

 

 

“Party?”

 

 

From: Shiksin Soo

        Yuri, Kahi invited us to her apartment. Let’s come together. Free food yeah!!!

 

 

“Really! This shikshin…How can I, when I’m still stuck here.”

 

 

To: Shiksin Soo

       Can’t make it. Busy. Go without me.

 

 

Yuri scrolled down for any important messages. Then she found an intriguing one from Jessica.

 

 

From: Jessica Jung

        About last night yes it bothers me.

 

 

“Last night? Ah about Hara. Why would it bother her?”

 

 

 

To: Jessica Jung

      Hey! Sorry for the late response. I’m caught up on things. Sorry if it bothers you but may I know why?

 

 

“Yuri! Let’s go. We still need to make the documentation. Let’s just do it in school.” Tiffany called Yuri who is busy texting Jessica.

 

“Sure!” but Yuri’s phone beeps again.

 

 

From: Jessica Jung

       Why? Because my best friend is in love with you and you are just too dumb to notice!!

 

 

“What?!!” Yuri suddenly yelled.

 

“Yuri is there something wrong?” Tiffany looks at Yuri, worried.

 

“Ah…it’s nothing Fany.” Yuri smiled to Tiffany assuring her.

 

To: Jessica Jung

     Nice one Jessica. Never thought you’re also a joker. Maybe you’re mistaken coz Yoona likes Taeyeon.

 

“It’s just a joke Yuri don’t get affected. It’s okay. It’s okay.” Yuri told herself.

 

“Yah! Kwon Yuri. Are you okay? It will be over soon.” Fany said referring to the documentation.

 

“I’m fine Fany, thanks.” Yuri replied wiping a sweat.

 

From: Jessica Jung

          PABO!! She likes Taeyeon but she loves you, ****!

 

‘She’s in love with me?.......... O_O’

 

 

 


I'm sorry if I fast forward it a bit.....I want YoonYul moments so I have to be harsh on Yuri through Jessica...