CHAPTER 9

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938363035393734342f696d616765732f313634653134346463313533323763323836343039313730373534322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon was 7 when she met her. It was a sunny afternoon in the spring when she and Jihyo went out to play volleyball in the park. Jihyo gets really competitive even when they're still young. Knowing Jeongyeon is taller than her she was eager to prove she's better despite the height difference. When the taller girl returns the ball to her, Jihyo looked at her with tantalizing eyes then swing really hard, it hit Jeongyeon in the head making her fall flat on the ground.

The taller girl hit her head on the ground and lost her consciousness for what feels like an eternity for her but actually just a split second in reality. She woke up with this continued tap on her cheeks, she could hear Jihyo's muffled voice.

"Jeong wake up! Jeong!"

The girl just keeps on calling her. Slowly she opens her eyes and for a second she thought she's already in heaven. A beautiful girl was right in front of her eyes, her face was a few centimeters away from hers.

"Gwenchana?"

And everything was just in slow motion, Jeongyeon stared back at her with disbelief, she's questioning her existence right now.

The girl then holds both of her cheeks gave it a little squeeze and asked once again.

"Gwenchana???"

She blinks repeatedly and slowly the muffled voices started to sound clear.

"Jeongyeon are you okay?" Jihyo asked.

"Gwenchana?" The other girl asked once more.

Jeongyeon slowly sat down. She scratched the back of her head, looked at how Jihyo is on the brink of crying, she got up and started looking in the back of her head. When Jihyo was sure there was nothing she hugged her.

"Mianhe Jeong."

"I'm okay Ji I'm sorry for making you worried." She said.

She heard someone sighing, she looks to her side and the angel was still there. Jihyo lets her go and looked at the other girl.

JH : "Thank you, if you weren't here I would've to stay frozen."

"It's not a problem I was just here at the right time, thank god she's okay." The girl looked at her and smiled.

"Uhm t-thank you" Jeongyeon stutter.

"Now that everything seems okay, I'm heading home first." She said walking away.

JY : "Uhm..." She fidgets as she struggles to stand up. "Will I ever see you again?" The 7 years old ask.

"I think so? I live right over there." She said pointing at the red gate across the park.

JY : "C-can I know your name?" She stutters again

The girl smiled at her and tucks her hair on her ear.

"N...."

*Gasped*        

*Gasped*

Jeongyeon woke up in the middle of a dream but would you call that a dream?

JEONGYEON'S POV

Out of all the things, why does it have to be that day? Why does it have to be the day I meet her? I face to my side and open my curtains it was still dark outside. I look at the clock it's just 4 am. I've been remembering her a lot lately or should I say her memories been haunting me?

I stood up, I knew I'm not gonna be able to go back to bed, and if ever I did I'll probably just waken up by another nightmare.

I moved to the living room open my curtains and took my legos. The sky was dark it doesn't even have stars on it. When I have enough of playing with legos, I went down to jog.

And you know that feeling where you just get lost in something? For me whenever I start running I lost count of things, I forget how many times I pass that flickering streetlamp. I forget about things that I don't want to remember...

"Wait up!"

I turned around looked where the familiar voice was coming from. It must be my imagination, there's no one out here other than me. A few more steps and I see a familiar face, I have to close my eyes a couple of times because I know it's impossible. It's probably time for me to stop running, I can feel my limbs becoming soft and this uncomfortable sensation in my heart. Then the snow starts to fall, I walked closer to the river put both of my hands in the side of my mouth

"Just let me go! Set me free! Stop reminding me of things I don't want to remember! Stop reminding me of someone who's never gonna come back!" I shout.

NO ONE'S POV

The tears fell after Jeongyeon shout. It's been tiring, it's taking the life out of her and she's well aware that until she remembers that girl she's not gonna be okay. She took a long and warm shower, she needs it, she wants to wash away the bad morning she wakes up to. She wants to at least try to have a decent day.

Jeongyeon took her motorbike to the gym, nothings gonna stop her from riding it to work. She parked her bike and walked inside she's late for today but at least she was able to wash away the bad start.

Everyone started clapping.

CY : "Congratulations on being late for the very very very first time!"

DH : "I'm so proud of you hyung."

JY : "Oh shut up, the road was just slippery."

TY : "Hallelujah! This must be some sort of sorcery, Yoo Jeongyeon giving a about the road? Hahaha"

SU : "Maja! When did the daredevil become a ?"

JY : "Yah!"

MN : "Stop teasing her and get to practice."

CY : "Hai! Hai!" she answered enthusiastically.

JY : "Wait where's Ji?"

SJ : "She has a meeting with the company today. She'll be back in the afternoon. So Mina is taking over."

JY : "Ehhhh? When did Dr. Myoui become a coach?"

SJ :

SJ : "Well, she thought if it's you, you just gonna tire everyone." The rest of the girls nodded in agreement. "If it's Dahyun no one's gonna take her seriously especially Tzu and Chaeng. Then if it's Sunmi unnie she'll just let us play like kids."

SU : "Do you hate that?"

SJ : "Of course not, I love it! But the boss says no so that's why Dr. Myoui is in charge."

MN : "Heard that Ms. Yoo? Now give me 50 push-ups."

JY : "Ehhhh? It's not even an hour and you already acting like a jerk."

MN : "For your information Ms. Yoo it's been an hour. You're late that's why."

CY : "Maja! I'll follow whatever you say!!"

YJ : "Whipped."

CH : "Whipped (1)"

LIA : "Whipped (2)

CY : "Yah kids!"

MN : "Haha arraso let's start practicing, everyone except for Ms. One hour late move to the court."

Jeongyeon got down and started her push up.

MN : "Make sure you don't skip a number." She .

---