CHAPTER 18

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938393838373939342f696d616765732f313635303031303234653266336632653534323539313134363434342e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon gets it, Jihyo has forgiven her but she might have forgotten that she and Jeongyeon are a different case from everyone she left behind. She wanted to go home but she knew if she did she'll just end up miserable for the rest of the day.

Tonight she wants to try something different.

-

Mina was already in bed when her phone rang and the moment she sees it was Jeongyeon, she rushed outside her apartment. She wasn't expecting a visit from the taller girl since when she left earlier Jeongyeon was in a good mood.

She found Jeongyeon sitting on the floor. Head resting on her knees.

MN : "Jeong... What happened? Are you okay?"

Finding her like this gives Mina too much anxiety. Who knows what happened? How many cuts and bruises the taller girl has? Or how bad she broke down before getting here?

JY : "Nothing :)" She said as she lifts her head, no wounds and no signs of tears.

MN : "Wait you don't smell alcohol and you don't look drunk, even your face is clear, am I dreaming?"

JY : "Yah! That's because I'm not, can't I visit you if I'm not drunk?"

MN : "I would love if that's always the case. So what brought you here? You haven't been dropping by for a while"

JY : "I just wanted to talk :) Did you miss me?"

MN : "Aniyo, go find someone else to bother."

JY : "Ehhhh? I bought chicken from this new place close to the gym."

MN : "Hmmm......"

JY : "I have ketchup with me."

MN : "Arraso, come in."

Jeongyeon stood up and grab her helmet and the bag of chicken. The two of them sat down on the floor sharing the food she bought.

The two of them sat down on the floor sharing the food she bought        

MN : "Who eats chicken at 10 pm?"

JY : "There's no right time for food Mina, so eat up."

Mina stood up, Jeongyeon followed her with her eyes. She saw her taking 2 cans of beer out of the refrigerator.

MN : "Here." She said sitting back down with her.

JY : "Ehhh? I never thought you drink."

MN : "I don't, it's from the last time Momo, Sana and Tzuyu visited here."

JY : "Are you sure? I'm not in the mood to drinks."

MN : "Arraso, then I'll drink both of them. I heard the beer is good with chicken."

JY : "Wait... Fine, I'll drink the other one."

MN : "Don't worry about going home, you can stay here for the night."

JY : "Is it really fine? Sorry for intruding."

MN : "Haha it's almost 2 years Jeong, if you want to get embarrassed you should have done it a long time ago."

JY : "You do have a point haha."

They continued sharing chicken while watching whatever was running on the TV.

MN : "You know, I like you better when your drunk."

Jeongyeon looked at her, of course, she understands what Mina has said but she felt something was hidden in the statement.

MN : "Because the drunk Jeongyeon doesn't know how to lie, she doesn't hide the fact that she's broken and needed saving. So what it is?"

JY : "Nothing...."

MN : "See, liar. Should I get more beers for you to talk?"

JY : "Aish........ Arraso, I just realized It doesn't matter if you give someone your everything, you're all. No matter how many reasons you give them to stay, if she wants to leave she'll leave. It wouldn't matter if you love her to the moon and back."

MN : "It's Nayeon right?"

JY : "Huh????"

MN :        

MN : "I had a feeling there's something going on between you and her, I just couldn't find a way to prove it."

JY : "How did you know?"

MN : "It's easy Jeong, what's the first thing you did when you saw her? Leave, right? You run outside the gym without even saying a word to anyone. Everyone saw her following you and after some time she came back, her eyes were red. After that, you didn't show yourself for more than a week, as if you were avoiding someone."

JY : "How sure are you that she's the reason behind it?"

MN : "Haha, you don't skip practice. No matter how drunk you are the night before you always come in. Because nothings gonna stop Yoo Jeongyeon from playing unless it's someone you don't want to see, someone you don't want to remember. So it's her right? Im Nayeon is that one girl you love."

JY : "Loved, Mina. I used to loved. Things are different now."

MN : "If it's different why do you still hold on to her? To her memories?"

JY : "I don't. I think you're drunk."

MN : "And what if I am? I still know what I'm saying. Tell me if you don't, why do you remember every memory you have with her? why does it still hurt like everything happened yesterday? If it's been 7 years why do you still cry?"

And Jeongyeon just grew silent, she saw how Mina's cheeks are already red.

MN : "Because part of letting go is forgetting. You may say that you hate her but we both know you are lying. No one holds on to something they don't want, no one holds on to memories like how you do. People get angry but they don't hold on to it for a long time like you do. If you really hate her wouldn't forgetting, be the best option? Are you still waiting for her?"

How come people keep on saying she still loves her? Jihyo, and now Mina, she already told everyone she hates her, so why in the hell everyone keeps saying she wants her?

MN : "Jeongyeon-ssi now that Nayeon came back, what is your plan? Did it answer all your questions? Did the pain go away? Do you still want to be with her???"

JY : "If I tell you would you remember tomorrow?"

MN : "Then that's better! You can tell me everything since I'll forget it anyway."

JY : "That's only a possibility."

MN : "So what will it be?"

JY : "Arraso, I'll tell you since I know you won't stop asking. I don't love her anymore, I don't want her in my life, if there's something I want from her is just an explanation. Nothing more."

MN : "Liar....." She said resting her head on the couch.

JY : "I can't believe you got drunk from a single can of beer."

MN : "Liar....."

JY : "Hai, hai. Let's get you to bed."

MN : "Liar......"

Jeongyeon didn't wait anymore, she grabbed Mina and carried her like a bride. The younger girl just rested her head against her chest.

MN : "Liar......"

JY : "I told you the truth Dr. Myoui, there's nothing more to it. Now go to sleep." She said tucking her in bed.

MN : "Liar......." She said turning her back at her.

JY : "Hai, hai, good night Mina." She said closing the door.

Mina turns to face the door, the room was dark and the taller girl seems to forget she doesn't like sleeping in the dark. No, Jeongyeon doesn't know at all, she doesn't know anything about Mina like how the Japanese know her. Mina doesn't like sleeping in a dark and cold room because the loneliness is eating her up but just for tonight she'll sleep in this confined space. She's too tired to move anyway.

"I miss you, of course, I did but I realized that no matter how long I wait, even if I give you all my time. I would never be the one. I wish I could but we both know I'll never be her." She whispered to herself.

Mina understands, all of them are a little broken inside

Mina understands, all of them are a little broken inside.

---

 (A/N) Haha, I'm gonna make up for this tragic love story between JeongMi.