CHAPTER 20

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938393931383834382f696d616765732f313635303032336537316562636631303230383735383537303239342e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

[FRIDAY]

Jihyo gave the girls time off for the day, she wants them to have all the time to prepare for the ball and she knew it'll be a mistake to let them attend after a day of practice. She learned that the hard way 3 years ago, when the girls fell asleep in the middle of the program since all of them were tired.

But ever since she woke up this morning there's something that was bothering her. After lunch, she left and went to check the gym. There she found her best friend practicing, It's not really surprising to see Jeongyeon here anymore.

JH : "Aish I knew you'll be here."

JY : "And what are you doing here? You should get ready."

JH : "I should ask you the same thing. I'm here to tell you to go home take a nice bath and be there at the right time."

JY : "Ehhh? I'll be there you didn't have to get me."

JH : "I obviously had to. Here." She said handing her clothes.

JY : "What's this?"

JH : "Pabo-yah? It's your suit for tonight."

JY : "I can wear my old one you didn't have to get me a new one."

JH : "Your gonna wear that same white stripe, aren't you? This is much better, it'll be a delight to everyone to see you in something new from time to time."

JY :        

JY : "What do you mean? I always look good, I can wear my jersey in a restaurant and people would still think I look great."

JH : "That's because you're famous pabo. If you weren't, people would think your just crazy."

JY : "Ehhhhh? With this face?" She said pointing at herself

JH : "Yes with that face. Go get your things, I'm not leaving until you are."

JY : "Arraso, I'll be back in a minute."

When Jeongyeon got out of the locker room, Jihyo pulled her to her motorcycle. Drive behind her until they got on the highway.

[SKVA BALL]

And just like how Jihyo predicted, Jeongyeon came in late.

And just like how Jihyo predicted, Jeongyeon came in late        

JH : "Pabo-yah! I told you to come on time."

JY : "What? I'm here on time."

CY : "Hahaha well, if you purposely wanted to miss the opening ceremony then you are."

JH : "Aish you're getting 50 times extra lap on Monday."

JY : "Ehhhhhhhh you didn't punish me from the previous years."

JH : "Mianhe... I should've done it the first time. Arraso, enough of Jeongyeon, remember what I told you. Don't drink too much, be a responsible adult. Ahem-School-Meal-Club-Ahem."

Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu just smirk back at her.

EVERYONE : "Hai! Hai!"

And the girls just went on there separate ways, Jeongyeon sit at their table and started to look around.

MN : "Looking for someone?"

JY : "Ani, I was just checking if everyone is here."

MN : "They are, even Nayeon unnie." She said pointing in the direction where the older girl was.

JY : "I don't care."

MN : "Haha weren't you saying you're checking if everyone is here? Tsundere."

JY : "Yah!"

MN : "Calm down.... But seriously don't you think she looks good in white?"

Jeongyeon didn't answer back, she just looks the other way around but it wouldn't take long until she finds herself staring at the CEO.

-

Jeongyeon has always wonder how the older girl seems to fit in any group. It's been a mystery how she pleases everyone with just a smile, and even before she dated Jeongyeon, there were a lot of people who want to be with her.

[FLASHBACK]

Jeongyeon looks at her girlfriend who was sitting up in the bleachers. She notices how the students swoon over the love of her life. Well, it's nothing new, Nayeon's been the darling of the crowd since they were in grade school and although Jeongyeon is considered as the only person who's equal to the older girl, there's still a time where she feels insecure about it.

Just like always, Nayeon came running to greet her. There's nothing that could beat a warm hug after a long day of playing.

NY : "You did a great job Jeong."

JY : "Of course you're watching but next time let's put you in a hoodie. I don't want people looking at you, I want you for myself."

NY : "Ehhhh? Aren't you being greedy Ms. Yoo?"

JY : "I'm just doing some precautions, everyone likes you because you are Ms. Perfect." She suddenly said.

Nayeon held her hand and made her stop from walking.

NY : "Are you complimenting me? Because it sounded wrong."

JY : "Hahaha pabo that's a compliment. Everyone looks at you and right away they fall in love. You can't say it's not true because I know it, I mean its obvious, right?" She said raising their clasped hands. "You're talented, smart and you have good manners. Your social skill is just a bonus. There's like nothing you can't do."

NY : "Haha did you something Yoo Jeongyeon? You're complimenting me too much."

JY : "You know I won't do you wrong."

She said squeezing Nayeon's cheeks.

NY : "Then do you love me because I'm perfect?" She started getting serious. "What if I did something wrong? Or I committed some mistake? Would you forgive me? "

JY : "Of course, are you stupid? They know your perfect but I know you're perfectly flawed and so what? I'm here for you and not for those things. If you did something wrong or you've mistaken I would forgive you in a blink of an eye. I would forgive you every time. That's how much I love you."

[END OF FLASHBACK]        

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Now if Nayeon would ask the same thing to Jeongyeon, the taller girl wouldn't know how to answer. For the first time in a while, she feels loneliness in her heart, it's all been anger and rage since she came back but tonight her hearts feel like it's getting torn apart.

MN : "Jeong?"

Jeongyeon shook her head, tears almost fell from her eyes. Luckily Mina was there to pull her back into her reality.

JY : "Wae?" She said scratching her eyes.

MN : "Are you okay? Is something wrong with your eyes?"

JY : "Oh nothing, where's everyone?"

MN : "You were busy daydreaming you didn't even notice that all of them went to the dance floor. I guess nobody wants to dance with you."

JY : "Haha jinja Mina? Out of all the people here, you're the only one who can't tell me that. After all, you got left behind like me."

MN : "I have to agree with you on that."

JY : "Since everyone left us then let's just partner up. Weirdly, all of them are dancing and here we are sitting like old dudes. May I?" She stood up and offered her hand to Mina.

MN : "I'm left with no choice, so yeah." She said reaching out to the taller girl.

JY : "Hahaha  no choice? Excuse you but you have the best choice. Don't give me a reason to change my mind."

MN : "As if you would haha."

And just like the previous years, Myoui Mina was her first dance.

---