CHAPTER 24

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939323835313230352f696d616765732f313635303034353838323964373161613332333833323933373436372e706e67?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The girls decided to have lunch out before continuing with the practice. The only ones who weren't there were Nayeon who have to attend a meeting and Mina who have rounds in the hospital. They were walking inside a mall when they bump into a familiar face.

HA : "Omo long time no see Jeong, Ji."

JY : "Unnie! It's nice to see you in a different place."

HA : "I could tell you the same thing."

JH : "By the way guys this is Hyuna, she's a childhood friend of ours."

Everyone said their introduction.

HA : "Ohhhhh, I heard Nayeon is back. I couldn't help myself but feel sorry that you two didn't end up being together. You were perfect for each other, I always thought you'll get married after college "

EVERYONE : "Ehhhhh???"

The rest of the girls looked at Jeongyeon.

HA : "Oops I didn't know they don't...."

JY : "Gwenchana it's a thing of the past that's why we didn't tell them about it."

HA : "Haha then I'll leave the explaining to you guys, mianhe Jeong."

JY : "No worries I'll see you soon."

HA : "Hai! Hai!"

Everyone couldn't keep their eyes off her.

JY : "Arraso, I'll tell you all about it over lunch. I'm starving."

And Jeongyeon did what she said, she tried to explain things the best possible way, a way that no one will look bad. The girls were totally engrossed in it except for one girl who has something else in mind.

Momo notices it the moment she came in, Dahyun is not the usual Dahyun who always greet her. She's not even sitting next to her right now and whenever she tries to talk to her the younger girl would simply say she have something to do. Momo is not the kind to ask directly but it's starting to irritate her. After lunch, the girls went back to the gym.

MM : "Dahyun can we talk?"

DH : "Sorry unnie but pract-"

MM : "I already got Jihyo's permission." She said cutting her off.

DH : "W-what it is?" She stutter.

MM : "What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

DH : "Huh?"

MM : "Don't huh-huh me, It's obvious you're avoiding me. Just tell me why."

DH : "Aish arraso, about last time...... I'm sorry but I don't think we should keep being friends, what happened that night was just a mistake." She couldn't look at Momo.

MM : "Pabo!"

Dahyun looked at her and saw her face turning red        

Dahyun looked at her and saw her face turning red.

MM : "So you think I'm just some mistake?!? Jerk!"

DH : "That's not what I meant unnie...."

MM : "Then what?! You know what? Just forget it! Maybe you're right let's stop being friends! You didn't even know what really happened and you're already telling me it was a mistake?!" She said running away.

Dahyun was frozen in her place, it was the first time she saw Momo like this. She didn't know what to do, what did Momo mean when she said she doesn't know what really happened that night.

CY : "Yow bro, Jihyo unnie is looking for you."

DH : "R-right." She said going inside.

CY : "Where's Momo unnie?"

DH : "She went home...."

-

After a long day of practice, Jeongyeon didn't want to stay any longer. She was on her way home when Jihyo caught her.

JH : "Heppppppppp! Where are you going?"

JY : "Home?"

JH : "Arraso..."

JY : "Wae?"

JH : "You've been quiet today, I thought you'll go to Hyuna unnie's bar."

JY : "Hahaha so if I'm quiet it means I'm drinking?"

JH : "Obviously, that's what's been happening for the past 7 years. Is there something wrong? Is it because you have to tell them about unnie?"

JY : "Aniyo... I'm just not in the mood."

JH : "Ohhh do you miss her? She has to do some work, sorry you didn't get to see her today."

JY : "Who?"

JH : "You know, unnie."

JY : "As if."

JH : "Well, you've been lively since she came back. Don't worry I'll let her know."

JY : "Pabo! What do you mean lively?"

JH : "Hmmm your right, instead of saying lively I think furious is much suitable for you haha."

JY : "Whatever I'm leaving."

JH : "See you tomorrow."

Jihyo was not exactly wrong, Jeongyeon hasn't seen the older girl since Friday but it's not like she wants to see her. It's just the thought that maybe seeing her would answer some questions in her head.

-

Jeongyeon parked in the basement of her apartment building, she lives across the Han River, in one of those high-end pent houses in Seoul. It used to be Seungyeon's place. Yes, it was the same apartment that the older girl and her used to live in.

Part of why she always drinks outside was she didn't want to be alone in this place, she loves to sleep in the living room because her bedroom is filled with unwanted memories. Jihyo asked her once why did she buy the place from her unnie and the only answer Jeongyeon gave was.

"I'm familiar with it, I don't want anything new."

She continues to make her way up the elevator, it's been a while since she went home this early, she has already forgotten how her place looks like since it's always been dark or it's one of those nights she comes home from a night of drinking.

[DOOR OPEN]

The first thing she noticed was the unorganized shoe rack next to her door, she drops her bag and sat on the floor. She was busy cleaning when she notices the rustling sounds of her kitchen utensil. Knowing that it could be one of the girls or maybe her older sisters. She didn't even bother to run and check. Instead, she took her time tidying the shoes, she notices this pair of shoes that she hadn't recognized. It could be that pair of new shoes that Seungyeon has been telling her from the other day.

It could be that pair of new shoes that Seungyeon has been telling her from the other day        

---