CHAPTER 45

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939363930343032362f696d616765732f313635343631656334663738613566643335303337363039363937362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

And it seems like everyone just believed that Mina was sick, well, there's at least one person who has her own doubt. Today after practice Chaeyoung  finally has the chance to visit her unnie. She bought a lot of fruits and food, she even bought vitamins. (A/N Same time when Nayeon went to see Jeongyeon Chapter 44)

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

Chaeyoung continued to knock on the door, she's been trying to call her phone but the girl wouldn't answer. Maybe she really is sick, so she decided to leave the things she brought and just a message to Mina about it, she was about to go when the door suddenly opened.

Mina has opened the door, Chaeyoung didn't need to look the second time. She notices right away how the Japanese's eyes are swollen, her hair was uncombed and she's just in an oversized shirt. Far from the elegant Mina they all knew.

Far from the elegant Mina they all knew        

MN : "Hey come in." Chaeyoung just followed the older girl.

MN : "What brought you here?"

Mina smiles and Chaeyoung's heartbreak. It broke her to see that Mina had lost the smile she always has.

CY : "I-I brought some medicine, Jihyo unnie told us your sick."

MN : "Haha I don't think there's a medication for a pain like this." It's too obvious the girl has been shattered apart.

"Please don't look at me with those sad eyes." Chaeyoung wants to tell her but couldn't.

But Chaeyoung took a while to notice how Mina's cheeks are red, if it wasn't for the empty bottles of soju in the kitchen she wouldn't know that Mina is intoxicated.

CY : "I should go unnie, you probably want to be alone."

MN : "If your not busy can you stay? I'm getting tired of talking to myself."

Chaeyoung didn't know how to say no to her, she said yes and put the things she borught on the table. Mina just watches her from the sofa, a few minutes more Mina started to cry out of nowhere. She curled on the sofa and Chaeyoung's heart starts to break, she knew she's late the girl had already fallen.

CY : "Unnie you should lay in bed."

The older girl didn't answer she just closed her eyes while she sobs silently. Chaeyoung couldn't take it anymore. She picked her up like a princess, carried her to the bed and the older girl just settled in her, she cries in her chest. Chaeyoung wasn't able to hold the tears anymore, this time she cries with Mina.

After getting the older girl in bed Chaeyoung just sat on the floor with her back pressed against Mina's bed. She wanted to turn and face the older girl but she knew it wouldn't be the best idea to watch the older girl cry besides she can't let Mina see her crying. Chaeyoung starts humming, to let Mina know that she was still there, that she's just right there.

Chaeyoung starts humming, to let Mina know that she was still there, that she's just right there        

A few minutes more and Mina starts to sob. Like a kid who fell on her knees, the sobs Mina was making was enough for Chaeyoung to understand how much pain the Japanese was going through right now.

MN : "What would you do if the one you have always liked asks you to go out with her? If you find out that she knew from the start that you like her? Would you get angry?" She asked out of nowhere.

Chaeyoung doesn't need any names, she knows who exactly Mina is talking about. She wipes her tears, she took a deep breath before speaking she doesn't want Mina knows she was crying, she doesn't want her to worry about anything else other than herself right now.

CY : "Uhmmm." She clears . "Shouldn't I be happy? Shouldn't you be happy unnie?"

MN : "How can I? When it's just something she really doesn't want? She knows but she didn't really like me."

CY : "Do you believe your destined for each other?"

MN : "Ani... I knew from the moment I meet her that she's only capable of loving one person."

CY : "Then why did you let yourself fall this deep?"

MN : "I don't know, I just felt she needs me. Before I knew it, everything she did has meaning to me. How are you supposed to turn your back on someone you love? Tell me Chaeng was it wrong? If it's you would you do the same thing? Or would you really stop everything before it ends up like this?"

Chaeyoung reached for Mina's hand and squished it three times. This is the perfect time, to be honest with Mina.

CY :

CY : "If I was you? I probably would do the same unnie, I can't really stop it, knowing she needs me. Knowing I can do something to ease the pain she have. I'll stay with her. I guess that's how love is supposed to be, you make sacrifices for someone you're not even sure of."

MN : "Hehe I guess we have something in common then."

Chayoung turns around to find Mina laying on her side facing her. She smiles with the nonstop flow of her tears. Chayeoung wanted to cry again, she couldn't bear it, she couldn't bear seeing Mina like this but who's there to blame? Jeongyeon never did anything because Mina openly admits it was her who gave meaning to everything. There's really nothing for her to do but to be here for Mina.

So she took her handkerchief out, wipe Mina's overflowing tears gently as she could. Like Mina was a fragile glass.

CY : "You'll find someone unnie, it may take a while but I'm sure she'll be around when you're ready again."

MN : "Thanks Chaeng, you being here made a big difference."

And Chaeyoung just watch as the drunk Mina falls deep in her sleep, Chaeyoung didn't move from where she was sitting. She didn't want Mina waking up realizing she's alone. It was about the dawn of a new day and Mina was sleeping soundly. When she finally stood up, she heads to the kitchen, the first thing she did was cook for the older girl. She couldn't help but cry while cooking pancakes.

She thought how tragic this love story could be? She loves Mina then again Mina loves someone who doesn't love her back.

She thought how tragic this love story could be? She loves Mina then again Mina loves someone who doesn't love her back

---