CHAPTER 19

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938393931333032302f696d616765732f313635303031383165346664356535363433313436323830363231312e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Seeing Im Nayeon every day is a constant reminder to Jeongyeon, that she cannot have everything in life. Because she has the money, her dream job, friends, and family but she'll never know what genuine happiness feels like until she gets upset whenever she sees the older girl.

Yoo Jeongyeon has too much hatred in her she doesn't even know how to live a day not cursing at the older girl and maybe Jihyo and Mina are right, she still hasn't let go of the memories she has with Nayeon.

-

Jeongyeon was on her way out after some extra hour of practice. It's been some time since she came back and it seems she's getting used to seeing someone she wants to forget.

JY : "How long are you planning to stand there, in this cold?

Jeongyeon stops in her tracks she didn't have to look back, she knows when she's being watched        

Jeongyeon stops in her tracks she didn't have to look back, she knows when she's being watched. In fact, she knew it since the older girl started doing this.

JY : "If you want to watch then step inside just don't disturb me. I don't want to hear Jihyo scolding me for something I'm not responsible for."

"I'm sorry, I knew you wouldn't want me near you."

JY : "You knew but you're still here? Tell me, are you perhaps stalking me?"

"Ani.... Uhm do you want to grab some dinner?"

JY : "Don't get ahead of yourself just because you can talk to me doesn't mean I trust you. I'm just tired of lashing out whenever I see you but that doesn't mean I forgot everything you did. Besides I'm just talking to you because I didn't want to worry Jihyo. Is that the only reason why you're always waiting for me?"

Nayeon didn't answer back, everything Jeongyeon said felt like rocks that are being thrown at her. The way she sounds so mean just makes it a lot worse. All she could do is watch the taller girl's back.

JY : "I know, you're always waiting for me to go home, wae?"

"I was just hoping we could talk."

JY : "What for? We already talked and aren't we talking now?"

"I want to talk to you properly..."

Jeongyeon chuckles "You know what? Your still the stubborn girl from ages ago...." She then became serious. "But if you're just gonna tell me the same excuse you said then forget it. I don't want to hear it anymore." She starts walking away.

"Jeong, I told you I'm gonna do everything it takes. If it means I should wait in this cold I will. I won't stop until we fix this"

Jeongyeon stood there for a good minute before opening again.

JY : "Fix what? There's nothing for us to fix. I hate to break this to you but your late, 7 years to be exact. If you wanted to fix something you should've come back sooner. You know what? I loved you N..." Jeongyeon chuckles "Haha I guess I still can't bring myself to call you by your name... I always thought it'll be you until the end but guess what? I'm wrong, because now I can't even look at you without being angry, without feeling hurt. I don't think waiting for me is a Good Idea."

"Wae?"

JY : "Why are you even asking me? Isn't it obvious?" She paused for a while. "There's no reason for us to do this. We had our chance."

And those words echoed in the older girl's ear. The taller girl is right, they had their chance.

"I'll wait Jeong, I'm sure you'll find it in you to give me another chance."

JY : "I already told you, do whatever you want to do but don't tell me I didn't warn you. Cause no matter how hard you try your not gonna change anything from what things are now. I'm leaving."

[NEXT DAY]

[NEXT DAY]

JH : "Just a remainder, the annual charity ball will be held this Friday. I expect everyone will be there on time..." She said looking at Jeongyeon.

JY : "Ehhh?"

JH : "What I didn't even mention your name and you already feeling guilty?"

JY : "Well, you didn't have to, it's obvious you're talking about me."

JH : "I mean do you know anyone here who comes in late in such an event? You've been coming late since you got drafted. It's embarrassing that the captain of SKVT is always the late one."

MN : "Maja."

JY : "Aish....."

JH : "Back to our topic, I don't want A-N-Y-O-N-E coming in late. You can take someone with you but make sure you inform me ahead of time. Are we clear?"

EVERYONE : "Hai!"

SN : "Hai!!!!!!!!!"

She shouts the moment she got in the door, Momo just hid her face out of embarrassment and Nayeon just laughed at her.

JH : "Why are you getting excited? You're not even invited."

SN : "Haha! Jokes on you. Tzuyu already invited me as her date."

TY :        

TY : "Correction she forced me to take her."

SN : "Yah! Chou Tzuyu!"

TY : "Yes? Chou Sana?"

Sana became quiet, her cheeks started to get red.

JY : "See? That's how you tame a lion." She whispered at Chaeyoung who just nodded in agreement.

DH : "Then Momo unnie is coming with me."

MM : "Ehhh?"

DH : "Sana unnie is going, you should come to. So I'll bring you as my plus one."

MM : "A-arraso." She stutter.

TY : "Speaking of date, I heard Mina unnie is going with Chaeyoung."

CY : "It's not a date pabo-yah."

DH : "Same-same. So unnie is it true?"

MN : "Of course, to be honest with you guys, I was the one who asked her."

CY : "See?"

SM : "Unnie did Chaeng gave you some kind of potion?"

YJ : "Did she pay you or something?"

MN : "You kids are silly, of course not. I wanted to drive for her since she always does it for me."

TY : "Well, that's a good thing, since I'm sure this little human will end up unable to drive."

CY : "Yah!

Everyone laughed at what Tzuyu said. Mina looked at Jeongyeon and somehow she felt relieved, she was happy that the taller girl is getting use to being in one room with Nayeon.

JY : "Hahaha at least there's someone to keep an eye at the baby."

DH : "How about you unnie?" She asked Nayeon.

NY : "I'll be there."

DH : "You going alone?"

Nayeon nodded back.

RJ : "Then how bout Jeong hyung take you? It'll be perfect."

CH : "Maja! Imagine the captain and the CEO coming in together."

Sejeong, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, and even Mina looked at the kids, who obviously didn't know what's happening between the two.

NY : "Haha you kids watch too much drama. that's fine, Jeong loves her motorcycle."

DH : "How about riding with us?"

NY : "You don't really have to, I have a car."

DH : "Ehhh? But that's not fun."

CY : "Maja, if you go with Dahyun and Momo you can have someone to talk to."

TY : "If your okay being the third wheel."

NY : "Would you three accept no for an answer?"

CY, TY, DH : "No..."

NY : "Then I guess I have no choice."

DH : "Great! I'll pick up Momo unnie first then we'll pick you up."

NY : "Arraso."

---

(A/N) The reason why Nayeon left won't be revealed until Chapter 30 HAHA! But don't worry, I'll make sure it will be published by next week. If I don't get lazy, I'll probably update after 2 days.. But that's it for now, everyone stay safe and healthy!!!! :)