CHAPTER 11

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938363936383839322f696d616765732f313634653135623966623731396461343637373734323237353739392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon wiped her eyes and made her way back after Jeongyeon vanishes from her sight. She wanted to grab her car and just follow the taller girl but she left everyone inside the gym. Jihyo was standing right outside the door looking at her.

NY : "Ji, I'm sorry."

JH : "Let's just get this over with Ms. Im."

When she and Jihyo came back inside everyone but the 3 people who knew what was happening, was still puzzled. She was about to tell them the truth when Jihyo steps up.

JH : "Haha sorry guys, Jeongyeon said she suddenly feel sick and went straight home. You know your captain, forget about her for now. As I was saying a while ago, this is Im Nayeon she's the new CEO of Kim Tech and also the new team owner, and if you wondering why, yes, we know her. She's a high school friend of ours. Now that that's been taken care of, let's finish practice so we could all go home. I'm pretty sure Mina tire you guys out."

SM : "You bet she did."

MN : "I just did what I've been asked."

The girls went back to practice, Mina sits next to Momo and Sana.

"Hi, I'm Im Nayeon." She offered her hand.

"Hello Dr. Myoui Mina, I'm the team physical therapist. Nice to have you here Ms. Im." She said shaking the other girl's hand.

NY : "Please call me Nayeon, Dr. Myoui."

MN : "If you insist,then you can call me Mina." She smiled. "Uhm about Jeongyeon, sorry for the way she acted. She has something going inside her head, so there's a day that she's like that. What am I talking about? You know her, you probably knew about it."

NY : "Actually I don't, thank you for letting me know." She smiled awkwardly.

SN : "Oh Nayeon unnie, I didn't notice you there."

MN : "Unnie??"

NY :        

NY : "Haha I asked her to drop formalities. By the way, I've been wondering why the two of you are here."

SN : "Well, can you see that tall girl? Number 25?"

NY : "Ohh her name is Tzuyu right? She look so beautiful."

SN : "Sorry to rain on your parade but she's taken... By me."

MM : "As if she cares...." She whispered.

NY : "I see, haha no worries I've already found someone long time ago. Oh and Momo?"

SN : "She's here for Dahyun."

MM : "Yah Satang!"

SN : "What? Is it a lie? Even Mina knows it."

Momo looked at Mina.

MN : "Well..... I don't think there's a point in hiding it since it's too obvious."

MM : "Ehhhhhhhhhhh?"

Nayeon chuckles and the three Japanese looked at her.

NY : "Mianhe, it's been a long time since I get to have a normal conversation with no work-related. Momo-yah don't worry, there's nothing to be ashamed of. It's easy to fall in love with Dahyun, she's smart and kind. There's a long list of people who had a crush on her, the only problem is she's dense because she still acts like a child. I mean that's the last thing I remember..."

The girls notice how the smile on Nayeon's face faded.

MN : "Don't worry, it's safe to say that she's still the same Dahyun you know."

SN : "Maja, she definitely has no clue about Momo's feeling."

MM : "Aish.... But yeah she's still childish :)"

The girls continued watching the team practice, it didn't take them long to call it a day. Jihyo notices how Dahyun and Chaeyoung were nowhere to be found, not surprising though, she knows exactly where they are.

Jihyo notices how Dahyun and Chaeyoung were nowhere to be found, not surprising though, she knows exactly where they are

SJ : "Ms. Im said she wants to talk to you."

JH : "Arraso, Can you wait for me in the car?"

SJ : "Sure, easy okay?"

JH : "Hai.. Hai.."

-

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

DH : "Oh Jihyo unnie."

CY : "We're going unnie." She said pushing Dahyun.

DH : "Eh?h"

CY : "We have things to do right?" She said sarcastically.

DH : "Ohhh, then we'll leave the two of you alone. Nayeon unnie it's nice seeing you again. See you next time."

CY : "Jihyo unnie, see you tomorrow :)"

The younger girls left Jihyo and Nayeon alone.

JH : "You called me Ms. Im?"

NY : "Ji you know you don't have to call me that. Please sit down."

JH : "Is it gonna take a while? If it is then I'm gonna tell my girlfriend she can go home first."

NY : "Ohh you have a girlfriend now? It's Sejeong right? I knew it, you two look cute together...."

JH : "Ms. Im I'm here because you called me, I was expecting it's work related and nothing personal. Let's cut to the chase, I have things to do." She said interrupting the older girl

NY : "Ji... I'm sorry, I just wanted to check on you. I'm sorry for leaving.... Can we go back to being friends?"

Jihyo just looked at her.

NY : "Are you angry at me?"

JH : "Ms. Im it already happened and I got over it, I get that Dahyun and Chaeyoung accepted you right away but I'm different. Yes, I did accept what happened but don't expect me to just accept you back in my life.. Nay... Sorry, Ms. Im you were my best friend and Jeongyeon is too, you leaving wouldn't have been a problem if you say something back then but we all know what happened next, right? You left without a single word, without any warning and nobody knew if we have to wait or not. So if it isn't clear to you, I'll say it. You broke our hearts..."

Nayeon didn't know what to say, she did expect this kind of reaction from all of them but this is Jihyo

Nayeon didn't know what to say, she did expect this kind of reaction from all of them but this is Jihyo. The girl who always been by her side, the girl who she always runs to whenever she and Jeongyeon wouldn't agree with something, and the girl who always believed in her.

No matter how many times she practiced for this moment it'll never be enough, especially if the words come from Jihyo.

JH : "It'll be hard to go back now, I hope you understand that not everyone who gets left behind wait in vain, some move on. If there's nothing else you want to talk about then I'm leaving. Excuse me."

The tears started to fall from her eyes. Jihyo hit the right spots, she might not show it but deep inside she's a little broken too. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were her soulmates she always believed the three of them will grow old annoying each other, just imagine the pain she has to go through when Nayeon left. Then with Jeongyeon breaking, she knew she has to be the strong one, because what will happen to the two of them if she breaks down and cry too?

Everyone forgot but Jihyo also got left behind.

Everyone forgot but Jihyo also got left behind

JH : "And... I'm sure Jeongyeon is not coming back anytime soon. I hope you give her time, she wasn't expecting this. I mean, nobody did."

She said and walked away.

Jihyo barely made it outside, the moment she closed the door the tears started to fall. Sejeong saw her, she's been waiting for her because she knew this will happen. She knows Jihyo in a way nobody knows. She saw how she endured everything, how she pretend it didn't hurt just for the sake of saving whatever was left in Jeongyeon. Every time they'll pick up the taller girl, Sejeong would notice how Jihyo tries hard not to cry while she looks at her wasted friend.

SJ : "I'm sorry, you have to go through something like this. It's okay, you've held the tears for a long time, you need this too. Jeongyeon would understand."

And Jihyo just hugged her girlfriend. Finally, the tears she's been up all this year has fallen. Jeongyeon is not the only person who's been broken, she also lost a part of her when Nayeon left.

Park Jihyo thought she moved on when the truth is all this time she just endured the pain.

---

(A/N) I wanted to express how Jihyo felt, the pain of getting left behind by a friend.