CHAPTER 38

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

 

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939363930313734302f696d616765732f313635333730643337366636333930313334333931383835363535332e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon hurriedly put her jacket on, she started making her way down the hotel. At first, she was just walking, then it gets faster and faster until she was already running. It's not like she has to rush over to her, she forgot what Jihyo has said, 

Jeongyeon is waiting.

It was already dark and everyone was already inside. The night was already deep and the village is already asleep but she feels her heart burning as if the sun is still up. She tried calling her but the taller girl didn't pick up. She continued running around with her phone in her ear, then she thought going up the stairs that lead to the Guryongpo park. Maybe if she stands where she could see the sea she'll find Jeongyeon.

-

She was making her way up the stairs when a familiar silhouette right on top appeared, Nayeon slowly takes a step up one after the other, she continued until she finally confirms that it was Jeongyeon standing in front of her. She stops halfway and just looked at the taller girl.

        

"I can't forgive you," Jeongyeon said taking a step down.

"For the past 7 years...

I couldn't forgive you...

I see you whenever I close my eyes, I hear you on my lowest, at times I'm almost breaking apart.

I hate how it's still an image of you who calms me down.

I hate how I can't bring myself to forget what you did.

I hate how everything is still about you.

I hate how I have to be the one who wakes up in the middle of the night just to be reminded that I lost you.

Those memories of us, of you, always haunted me...

I couldn't forgive you for giving me a life not worthy of waking up to...

I couldn't forgive you for leaving me after loving me the way you did...

I couldn't forgive you for breaking me to the point I don't know what living means...

I couldn't forgive you for those things, yet." By this time Jeongyeon's just a few steps away from the older girl.

NY : "Jeong I'm sor--"

Jeongyeon suddenly grab her and engulfed her in a embrace, it took her by surprise she just stood still.

JY : "Stop saying sorry for what you did, stop asking for forgiveness when there's nothing wrong in what you did.... I......

I also can't forgive myself, Nayeon.

I can't forgive myself for not noticing what you were going through.

I can't forgive myself for blaming everything on you.

And I can't forgive myself for not being there when you needed somebody.

I'm sorry, I was blinded by the anger. I should have asked you sooner.

I don't think we can go back to what we used to but I want to be at least your best friend again. I want to make up for the years you felt alone." Jeongyeon's voice was shaking her hug was getting tighter.

Nayeon's started crying she never thought it'll feel this better once Jeongyeon's accept her back.

NY : "That's more than enough Jeong."

The taller girl just rests in Nayeon's embrace, she's tired of crying. Finally, after 7 long years, Jeongyeon's heart becomes lighter than a feather.

When the two let go after sharing a warm and long hug, they sat on the steps of the stairs        

When the two let go after sharing a warm and long hug, they sat on the steps of the stairs. They started asking each other questions, things they missed, and things they didn't get to be a part of. From Nayeon working as a part-time waiter so she could support herself during her college years to Jeongyeon saving enough money to buy the penthouse, they used to live in. It felt like an eternity, questions after questions. Jeongyeon starts to warm up to her again she even started teasing the older girl like how she used to and Nayeon couldn't be happier than she is right now. She never expected this will happen this soon.

It's like there's not enough time to catch up with each other. The sun started rising, they spent the whole night talking and neither one of them even noticed how fast the time went.

JY : "Omo, that means our time is up."

Nayeon frowned.

JY : "Mianhe it's not like what you think we can talk about it next time. We can share lunch with Jihyo like back then."

NY : "Jeong... Gomawo, I never thought you'll ever forgive me."

JY : "Jinja? After trespassing into my place?"

NY : "I told you unnie gave me permission."

JY : "Hahaha arraso, I'm just glad your back. Let's try to be good friends from now on?"

NY : "Hai."

-

And nobody knew what happened but the two sat with each other and slept the whole trip back home. Jihyo could only look at them with content in her eyes, finally, the loose ends are tied.

-

Just like that the days went by them, it's just 3 months till the league officially starts and the girls are starting to get busier every day. Nayeon on the other hand has to dedicate more of her time to work. But the older girl would visit the practice every chance she'll get. She even comes to Jeongyeon's place 3 times a week even though she doesn't have to anymore.

Today Nayeon went to watch the girls practice, while they're busy she went and walk around. She finds Mina sitting in her office.

She finds Mina sitting in her office        

NY : "Good morning doc."

MN : "Good morning unnie, you free today?"

NY : "Just got a spare time, are you busy?"

MN : "Not really, I just have things to sign."

NY : "I should go, sorry for bothering you."

MN : "Ehhh? You just got here besides Sana and Momo always hang with me whenever they come here. They get really busy and there's nothing to do, you can stay here with me anytime." The younger girl kindly offered.

NY : "Then, next time I'll bring some foods we can share but I have to pass for now."

MN : "Ehhhh? There's nothing to do outside."

NY : "Gwenchana it's almost my time to leave anyway and Jeong is coming. I don't her to tell people I'm stalking her, you know that girl. She's full of herself." She smiled at the younger girl.

NY : "I'll see you, I'll come back in the afternoon."

Mina just waved goodbye to her, and soon after Jeongyeon came knocking on her door just like how Nayeon said. She was left puzzled about how the older girl knew about it.

---

(A/N) Since it's the season of joy and giving, let there be forgiveness haha. I hope everyone have a wonderful holiday in the warmth of your loved ones. Remember it's not about the material things you get, it's all about the people who stayed with you this year and the love you received. Spread the love! Happy holidays everyone!!! :) Stay safe and healthy!