CHAPTER 42

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939363930323935302f696d616765732f313635343630653830373865346138363635333132353833383135372e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Everything was just a vivid memory for Nayeon, when she woke up that day she has this terrible headache. She was still in her work clothes, she remembers it was a busy day at work and there are too many things she was thinking about. She remembers Jeongyeon picking her up but there's one thing she wasn't sure, she thought she heard the taller girl say something about them. She wanted to talk to her, to confirm what she heard but she couldn't find a time to visit.

On the other hand, Jeongyeon's been out of it for days, she wasn't talking to anyone and no one wouldn't dare to ask her why. Not Jihyo, not Mina. Because they knew the girl would just lie about it.

Because Yoo Jeongyeon loves to lie.

Because Yoo Jeongyeon loves to lie        

-

Lately, Mina's been noticing how her place feels different, how her sofa feels stiffer. Maybe it's because no one's been sleeping on it lately.

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

The Japanese wasn't expecting anyone but somehow she feels like she already knows who is on the other side of the door. Indeed, when she open it, Jeongyeon was standing right in front of her.

MN : "What are you doing here?"

JY : "I still owe you right?" She said raising a bag.

MN : "Chicken wings?"

JY : "Chicken wings with..."

JY, MN : "Ketchup." They said at the same time.

MN : "Haha arraso come in."

JY : "Woah, that's new."

MN : "Ehh?"

JY : "Well, you usually throw a fit before you invite me in."

MN : "This is different. I think I know why you're here. So are you gonna stand there or what?"

Jeongyeon smiles at her and walks inside. She settles on the floor and mina went to grab some drinks.

JY : "No beer?"

MN : "Sorry but this is not a bar. I only have water and juice."

JY : "Haha I didn't say I want it."

The two continued having their late-night snack. Enjoying the company of each other while they let the TV run an old movie. Until Jeongyeon starts to notice that's it has been quiet for a while.

It's never been like this around Mina, it's either she's getting scolded by the younger girl or she's teasing her but today is kinda different        

It's never been like this around Mina, it's either she's getting scolded by the younger girl or she's teasing her but today is kinda different. There's this huge space between them that's making her uncomfortable.

JY : "Hey, is there something bothering you?"

She was sure the answer would be no, if it's Mina it's always a no until she hears it for herself.

MN : "Yes."

Jeongyeon felt shivers run down her spine. Of all the time she goes to Mina this is the first time her answer is yes. Of course, it's because of her or something she did. What's there to get bothered with? What other reason would it be for her to keep silent since she arrived?

MN : "I shouldn't be asking you about this but I thought you need someone you can talk to. It's not a good idea to keep everything to yourself. Jeong do you still love her? Do you still love Nayeon unnie?" The younger girl asks without looking at her.

The only thing Jeongyeon could hear is these words being mumble by the people inside the TV but she's not picking anything up. She's just staring into nothing.

MN : "Jeong?"

JY : "Nayeon? Of course not." She answers but Mina doesn't seem to believe it.

MN : "You sure? You should be a little honest with me or at least yourself."

Jeongyeon didn't answer. As much as the taller girl don't want to talk about it, Mina didn't want to hear about her rekindling relationship too. It's like poking her heart with a knife.

But unlike Jeongyeon who loves to lie to herself and everyone else, who loves to make people believe she fine when she's not, Mina is honest. She loves her with no how's, no why's and if Jeongyeon would ask her right here, right now she'll definitely tell her but all Jeongyeon did is warn her not to fall for someone like her. Tell her that she's too broken she doesn't think she have the right to love again.

It's just a stupid idea that would never happen, again she loves Jeongyeon and if that means the only role she could play is the supportive friend, she'll do it. She'll do anything for the one she loves because Mina would fix Jeongyeon's heart with the pieces of her broken heart.

That's how much Myoui Mina loves Yoo Jeongyeon.

MN : "You know I'll listen to you, you can be honest with me."

JY : "It's not like that.... I mean, I don't know. It's getting confusing lately with Nayeon."

MN : "It's too obvious, it's been 7 years and somehow you held memories of her until she came back. I get that she left you but don't you think somewhere in that 7 years you could've moved on even a few steps from where she left you? Because from what I saw and what I heard from Jihyo, you're still doing the same thing you did after she left."

JY : "Does that mean I still love Nayeon?"

MN : "Hmm that's a 50/50 chance. That's why I'm asking you,  you're the only person who can say  which is which. Do you? What's the hold-up?"

JY : "Like what I said I don't know. I'm still not sure about Nayeon. She just came back."

MN : "Arraso."

JY : "I didn't realize you'll be the person I hear this kind of thing of."

MN : "Mianhe, I thought I should at least help you."

JY : "Aniyo, thank you."

MN : "I hope it doesn't take another 5 years." the younger girl joked.

JY :"Haha it won't last that long"

MN : "Pabo but you did love her."

JY : "Uhm I guess so."

MN : "That's not a question I'm telling you a fact Jeong."

And even if it hurts to be the one to tell Jeongyeon about it. She just went ahead, in this way she'll know that they won't have a chance. She won't get confused with mixed signals from the taller girl anymore. 

At least she won't be lying to herself like how Jeongyeon lies to herself.

JY : "Ehhhhh?"

MN : "My dad cheated on my mom once, she forgave him and I ask her why because why would you forgive someone who hurt you? Who broke your trust? She said if you don't love the person anymore, you forgive and move on, and if you still you hold on to it until you can forgive them again. I know it's wrong to hold on to a grudge but my mom said you hold on to it because you don't want to forget the pain and the memories before that thing happened.

Maybe you didn't want to forgive her because you're afraid you'll forget everything about her? Or you're waiting for the time she comes back?"

JY : "For someone single since she was born, you know a lot about love. You sure you haven't fallen in love? Hahaha."

MN : "Great job in changing the topic hahaha. Hmm I'll be lying if I say no. Everyone falls in love, it could be with a person or in the simplest thing, like how the sun sets."

This is the part where the taller girl asks "who?" but this is Jeongyeon we're talking about, no matter how many times Mina say she fell in-love Jeongyeon will never ask her. 

JY : "Haha I'm glad, I hope it wouldn't turn out to be like what I had."

Mina chuckles a bit, not because of what she said but because of how Jeongyeon seems to be fine with her falling in love as long as it's not with her, ironic.

MN : "Haha I hope so."

Mina knew its too late for that, it's already ed up the moment she fell in love but she also knows it's something worth holding on to until the last bits

Mina knew its too late for that, it's already ed up the moment she fell in love but she also knows it's something worth holding on to until the last bits.

---