CHAPTER 5

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3935343331373039332f696d616765732f313634633132343763313932623061323532323430303335303036382e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

MINA'S POV

Waking up after a night of Jeongyeon drinking is always the same. You wouldn't find her in any corner of my place, and no matter how early I try to wake up she's always gone the moment I open my eyes. I tried asking her once, she said whenever she wakes up from passing out she just goes. No matter what time it is, no matter how dark it still outside.

But apart from her crashing the night and disappearing like she's a magician. She always leaves me breakfast, it's either rice or noodles. It's been like this for almost a year, she would cook something and leave it in my dining area with a note that has "Sorry & Thank you -Jeong" written on it.

She used sorry more than the time she asks me how am I doing.

-

Today is the start of their regular training for the upcoming season, not that Jeongyeon would stop going out. She doesn't, it doesn't matter if it's a local league or an international competition. It really depends if she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed or not.

It's a relief that most of the people in the bar that she usually goes to know her and protect her identity.

-

I don't really have to come to work early. I do have an office in the gym but my work with them is really just on-call but I spend most of my days in here since I enjoy being around them, around her.

*Mianhae mianhae hajima, Naega chorahaeji janha (TR : Don't be sorry, That makes me more pitiful)*

*Ppalgan yeppeun ipsullo, Eoseo nareul jugigo ga, Naneun gwaenchanha (TR : With your pretty red lips. Please hurry, kill me and go)*

You'll know Jeongyeon is already in the gym, when you hear Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips on repeat, blasting on the overhead speaker of the enclosed space. She's always the first one to get here, she spends more time here than her actual place.

And many people think that Yoo Jeongyeon plays her game without warming up but a few know the truth. She always practices an hour or two then stays seated for 30 minutes before the start.

Yoo Jeongyeon is gifted, she's smart, kind, and athletic but far from everyone thought. She didn't wake up one day having this unbelievable talent in volleyball. She worked hard for what she's known now and she's still working hard for it. She might be broken but when it comes to volleyball she still gives it her all.

She might be broken but when it comes to volleyball she still gives it her all        

-

I walked into the court and saw her, practicing her service. She's smiling a lot today, another day where she forgets her pain.

JY : "Ohayo doc!"

MN : "Ohayo Jeong, up early?"

JY : "Couldn't sleep last night. Why are you early today?"

MN : "I just woke up early."

JY : "You always do. Then do you want to play with me for a while?"

MN : "Hai, hai. Just make sure you won't kill me, okay?"

JY : "Ehhhhh? Of course not, if I did who will I run to?"

MN : "So you're saying that you'll only keep me alive because I'm the only one you can run to?" I said as I make my way to her.

JY : "Of course not, I still have Jihyo haha."

MN : "Ahhh Jinja? Then next time don't come to my place."

JY : "Hahaha I'm sorry I'm just joking."

She said as she starts hitting the ball towards me.

MN : "Next time I'll make sure you beg to get in."

JY : "You know you can't haha."

MN : "You'll see."

JY : "Ehh really Mina?"

I spiked the ball to her and she miscalculated her receive.

MN : "F-O-C-U-S Jeong."

JY : "Arraso, tell me when it gets painful." She said starting to hit the ball again.

MN : "Hai!"

If I come in early I usually end up being on the receiving end of Jeongyeon, not that she hits it hard. I'm pretty sure she's giving me a handicap since it never really gets painful. We do this until the team starts arriving.

JY : "I'm gonna hit it harder."

MN : "Too much talking, let's see it." I provoked her.

The moment I hit the ball back to her, she jumped really high. It'll probably gonna hurt, but maybe I need it to wake me up, so I can finally accept that she's not gonna look at me the same way I do.

*THUD*

And at the last moment, before she hit the ball, I suddenly closed my eyes but then when I opened it again the ball was already spinning up in the air. I didn't even know I can receive a powerful hit like that, it made a loud sound but it didn't even hurt.

"Yah!!!!! Why would you hit it that hard?!?!? What if you hurt unnie??? If you want to kill someone then let it be me, or Dahyun unnie or Tzuyu."

The moment I took my eyes off the ball, I saw Chaeyoung standing in front of me, she still has her bag with her        

The moment I took my eyes off the ball, I saw Chaeyoung standing in front of me, she still has her bag with her.

DH : "Ehhhh???? Pabo-yah?"

TY : "Why are you volunteering for me, like I don't have someone that'll cry if I die? Sana unnie will kill me if I die on her. Yes, she'll still gonna kill me even if I die. So sorry but I have to pass on this one."

JY : "You know I wouldn't. I saw you coming in, I'm just testing your reaction time. You pass hahaha!"

CY : "Is that so? Then come on hit it again." She said lowering herself.

JH : "Pabo! Change in your practice clothes first, prince charming!!!" Jihyo shouted from across the gym.

DH : "Pabo-yah! Haha!" Dahyun and Tzuyu started to make their way to the locker room.

CY : "Hyung don't dare hurt unnie okay?" She said while pointing into her eyes and Jeongyeon's eye.

JY : "You better hurry up before I change my mind haha."

CY : "Yah!!!!" She started running away even leaving Dahyun and Tzuyu behind.

JY : "Hahaha I guess prince charming had an extra glass of milk."

MN : "Did you really see her??"

JY : "Of course I did, I wouldn't hit it that hard if it's you. I knew she'll come running in to save the day like she always does haha."

MN : "Chaeng is just really nice and you're a jerk."

JY : "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh? What did I do to you?"

MN : "Are you really asking me that? You want me to itemize everything? Besides how sure you are that Chaeng would make it in time."

JY : "100 percent. She doesn't miss okay?"

MN : "Hmp."

JY : "Hahaha I'm sorry okay? Stop sulking before she comes back. She'll jump over me for making you sad."

MN : "You deserve it."

JY : "Aish, she spoils you too much."

MN : "She doesn't, she's just nice to everyone. Her future partner would be really lucky with her."

JY : "Well, I hope that partner realizes it soon haha!"

MN : "Ehhhhhh? Who???"

JY : "Secret." She winked at me.

CY : "I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She came running to us. "Are you okay unnie?"

JY : "Stop overreacting it's not like I have any intention to hurt her."

Of course, she doesn't, it's all unintentional.

---