CHAPTER 21

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938393931393138322f696d616765732f313635303032386133636539643337653931373332363933353037372e676966?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The last one to leave the table was Chaeyoung, who out of nowhere just pulled Somin to the dance floor. Leaving Mina with Jeongyeon.

SM : "Yah! Why don't you ask her instead of dragging me?" She said looking at Mina.

CY : "Because I know it's not me she wants to dance with."

SM : "How did you know that?"

CY : "Pabo, we all know that." She said looking at Mina who was laughing with Jeongyeon.

SM : "Hahaha cheer up, do yourself a favor and try it later, will you?"

CY : "Of course, after hyung dance with her...... This is what it's always been like anyway."

SM : "I rather look for other girls than dance with an emo like you. Let's enjoy for now, can we?"

CY : "Arraso."

The group dance to upbeat music, they continued dancing until they got tired and sat back at their table. When the music started slowing down, Sana insisted on dancing with Tzuyu, the rest of the girls just followed them.

-

On the other side of the banquet hall. A drunk guy keeps on asking Nayeon to go with him and leave the party. Nayeon's been politely rejecting him but the guy was persuasive. 

She's been wanting to go to her team but she was afraid that the guy would drag her away, so she sticks with the crowd of people.

"Ms. Im this party's starting to get boring. Are you sure you still wanna stay here?" 

The guy said and held her wrist she was about to slap him when someone else held her other arm.

She turned around and found Jeongyeon. Little did she know, the taller girl's been watching her the whole time, when she felt something was off she rushed to where the older girl was.

"Hey what are you doing? Ms. Im and I are about to leave this place."

JY : "Waeyo? She's with me. I don't remember her having someone else as a date, right ms. Im?"

        

"H-hai. I've been telling him you just went to the restroom."

JY : "It seems you didn't get what she said. I'll say it again for you, Ms. Im is with me, are we clear now? Or do you want me to call security?"

"Tss I'm leaving." The guy said walking away from them.

Jeongyeon didn't say another word just continued dragging her onto the dance floor. Held her close and started swaying.

"Jeong thank you."

JY : "Next time call someone for help. You could've told Jihyo, she knows the organizer here. She could've easily asked them to assist that guy out. You can't do everything on your own."

And perhaps Jeongyeon's word was too sharp it cut right into the older girl's heart, she started crying out of nowhere. Jeongyeon being the soft-hearted she is felt guilty, well, it is the first time she saw her crying face to face. She held her closer, so no one can see the CEO crying.

JY : "Mianhe... I didn't mean it that way."

"Gwenchana, you can let me go now. I know this is making you uncomfortable."

JY : "That guy is still here, he keeps looking back at us. If I let you go, he's just gonna see it as another opportunity. As much as I hate this I already put myself in this situation, just bear with it for the meantime."

The older girl just nodded back, wrapped her hands in Jeongyeon's hip and the two of them continued to sway. The soft music that was coming from the piano filled Nayeon's ears, it was lingering inside her heart.

The soft music that was coming from the piano filled Nayeon's ears, it was lingering inside her heart

This is something she always dream of. She didn't know this is how it would feel when Jeongyeon held her again, it was a mixture of happiness and sadness. She was glad because after a long time, here she is again. It could be something that happened because of the circumstances but the older girl would take it, she'll take any chance she could.

At the same time, she couldn't stop the pain, the tears. She's been regretting the choices she made, she wouldn't even miss Jeongyeon if she hasn't left but she did what she has to do.

Yoo Jeongyeon didn't know but Im Nayeon has been holding on to those memories she's been trying to throw away all these years.

-

When the music started to slow down and people start to couple again. Jeongyeon was already holding Mina's hand when she stopped on her track and let the Japanese's hand go without a warning. She just left Mina on her own.

Mina watch as Jeongyeon slips right off her hands and into where Nayeon was        

Mina watch as Jeongyeon slips right off her hands and into where Nayeon was. She chuckles at the thought that the taller girl has always been like water to her. No matter how to try she holds it, it's just gonna slip through her hands. She knew ever since the start, it's not gonna be the same as how it used to be. She's never gonna be the one for Jeongyeon and it's not because Nayeon came back, even without her around, Jeongyeon's heart has always been for her.

It's not even competition but Myoui Mina has lost in all the way she could.

And her hands have always been cold, she didn't mind since she's born with them. But after feeling the warmth of Jeongyeon's hand, she's been craving for it but she knew that warmth is just something borrowed, it was just temporary. She finds it funny that it hasn't even been 5 minutes since Jeongyeon let her hands go, but it's starting to get cold again. The warmth was slowly fading away, like how Jeongyeon is fading in her life.

She wanted to walk away, far enough so she won't see those two. Her hands were almost freezing but she couldn't move, her feet won't listen to her. It was torture seeing those two walking closer to where she was hand in hand. Everything just starting to get bad for her, her heart is just barely holding on until,

"Hey unnie, Somin went to have fun with someone else, do you mind dancing with me? :)" Mina looks down and found someone grabbing and squeezing her hand.

        

Chaeyoung has always been there at the right time when Mina needs someone, it's like she knows exactly when the Japanese is about to break.

Mina felt a different kind of warmth when Chaeyoung held her hand. Jeongyeon's warmth has always been calm and steady but Chaeyoung's feels like it was burning, that it's not gonna settle anytime soon.

MN : "Sure.."

The Japanese was quiet the whole time, Chaeyoung knew why. She could see the sadness in her eyes. When Nayeon and Jeongyeon got on the dance floor Mina just looked at them, tears were starting to build in her eyes but the smaller girl was quick on her feet, she spins them around. Forcing Mina to look the other way.

"F-first doesn't matter at all, It's always gonna be the last." She mumbles, her voice was starting to crack up.

Mina knew it from the day Nayeon came back. The taller girl could fool herself but she knew, Nayeon is the only one for her. First and everything in between doesn't matter because no matter how hard she tries to compete, Nayeon will always be the last one for Jeongyeon

CY : "Did you say something unnie?"

MN : "Nothing Chaeng, nothing at all."

Chaeyoung heard it loud and clear, she feels the pain that Mina's going through but she knows this is the best she could do for now. She holds her and the other girl rested her head on her shoulder, after a few minutes she feels her suit getting drenched.

It broke her, if she could take away the pain she'll do it.

But it's not her she needs and it's not her that she wants, she's just someone who's always around for her especially on times like this.

---