CHAPTER 10

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938363035393939362f696d616765732f313634653134383634383631626166363837393234353737333935322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Having Myoui Mina is tougher compared to their actual coach. She's a perfectionist, every error has a corresponding punishment. Sana and Momo who just arrived not long ago could even feel everyone's pain.

The team's day went really slow with her leading them, it was a good thing she was "Compassionate" enough to give them a 30 minutes break before doing their last practice for the day.

YN : "It's just 3? Ehhhhhhhhhh?" The youngest whine.

TY : "Hahaha sorry to say but we're still not out of the woods."

DH : "How could you be this cruel unnie?"

MN : "What? Haha I just copied how Jihyo does."

CU : "You did but like 5x harder."

MN : "Oh come on, your all adults that's not even that hard."

JY : "Perfectionist." She said while laying on the ground.

MN : "Couldn't help it there's no place for errors in my field of work."

JY : "Haha then stick with being a doctor."

MN : "Obviously haha."

CY : "Jihyo unnie!!!! I can't believe a day would come that I'll be this excited to see you."

JH : "Pabo, everyone stands up I have important things to say." 

Jeongyeon stood up, Jihyo's been her best friend since they were still wearing diapers, they're basically sisters now. So it was easy for her to notice that there was something off with her, Jihyo has a weary face. She keeps looking at where Jeongyeon was standing, it's like she wanted to tell her something.

JH : "There would be changes from now on, first off the company has given us enough budget to do more than 1 practice game. Second will be adding a new office on the south side of the building and lastly......" She paused and took a breather. "I don't know if Ms. Hirai and Ms. Minatozaki have mentioned this but Kim Tech. has a new CEO."

TY : "You didn't say anything to me."

SN : "Mianhe, they just announced it earlier and I forgot when we got here."

JH : "You may wonder why am I mentioning this when we don't really have any direct contact with them but the new CEO wants change, the office on the south side will be of hers. She wants to support us so she'll come by from time to time..... Please give a warm welcome to Im Nayeon..."

Jihyo looked at her best friend once again, she could see the disbelief in Jeongyeon's eyes        

Jihyo looked at her best friend once again, she could see the disbelief in Jeongyeon's eyes. The girl came out of her back tuck her hair in her ear and greet everyone with a smile.

"Annyeong I'm Im Nayeon I'll be working with you all from now on." She said bow.

When Jeongyeon saw the girl coming out of Jihyo's back, the world stopped. Chaeyoung and Dahyun was lost for words, they keep looking back to the taller girl who was standing behind everyone.

The girl said her greetings to everyone until she locks eyes with the taller girl behind. She smiled at her like she was her world. She probably still is but Jeongyeon couldn't think straight, she can't tell if she's still haven't woken up and this whole thing is still part of that nightmare she has earlier. She was praying it was.

It's like something inside her is starting to break. Like something is blocking her airways.

If it was ages ago, high school to be precise. This moment would be delightful in her eyes.

The only girl she ever loved showing herself after a long and exhausting day of practice, welcoming her with a warm smile that could take all the pain away. Everything would be in slow motion while she hears their favorite song; Sweet memories by Matsuda Seko playing in the background.

Everything would be in slow motion while she hears their favorite song; Sweet memories by Matsuda Seko playing in the background

It'll be perfect.

That's if they're still in high school and sadly they're not. It's more than 6 years and a lot has changed. The face that Jeongyeon used to love to see every day is the same face she doesn't want to remember now. She can't even look straight without feeling pain in her heart.

"Jeong."

That's when it hits her, she's not sleeping this is reality. All of a sudden she grasp for air, her lips are turning pale. Hearing that voice made her forget how to breathe and everyone just watches, wondering what's with the awkwardness looming in the air. And perhaps the emotion was overflowing, Jeongyeon couldn't take it anymore, her feet started to move on its own.

Nothing about this is perfect. Nothing about Im Nayeon is perfect.

She drags herself out of the place, didn't even grab her things. Mina was about to follow her when she noticed how Nayeon runs out to go after the taller girl.

Jeongyeon wanted to run but she knew her legs would give up on her. She holds her chest as if she wants to rip out her heart. She wanted the pain to stop but it's beyond her control. The tears started to fall, step by step she hears this shattering sound inside of her.

"Jeong!"

With every step Jeonyeon makes to get away from Nayeon, the older girl repeats one word. Not the word she wanted to hear,

"Mianhada."

"Mianhada."

"Mianhada."

"Mianhada."

"Mianhada."

"Mianhada."

"Mianhada."

She didn't stop, not even when her voice started to crack, not even when tears started to fall        

She didn't stop, not even when her voice started to crack, not even when tears started to fall. Nayeon left her, she broke her. So why on earth is she the one crying all of a sudden? Anger was building up inside Jeongyeon. She wanted to throw punches but to whom? Whatever the older girl is feeling, whatever this thing that's making her feel pain and making her cry.

Jeongyeon knows she deserved it. She couldn't care less for the tears that being shed right now.

"Jeong! Can we talk?"

There is it again, that voice she wanted to forget.

No.. No.. No.. No.. No.. she repeated in her head.

"Jeong I'm sorry, I'm back."

And with those words, Jeongyeon's world came crashing down again. It's like being haunted by a ghost. She's not ready to see that face again, to hear that voice say her name. Jeongyeon took so much time to fix herself, she's not even done yet. She's not gonna break it just because someone miraculously shows herself.

No matter how many times the girl calls her. No matter how she pleads for a chance to talk, Jeongyeon didn't stop, didn't even bother turning to face her. She's not stopping for anyone. She put her helmet on, starts her engine, and drove away from her past.

Because Jeongyeon's past is something she never wants to go back to. It's one thing she wants to erase.

Im Nayeon shouldn't have come back.

---

(A/N) That's it for today, I'll see you guys on the next update. As always thanks for reading :) Hoping everyone is staying safe and healthy.