CHAPTER 40

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939363930323433372f696d616765732f313635343439303564333638383264633536343033383238393636312e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon turns to her side and stares at her for a while.

JY : *Sighed* "You drunk too much."

NY : "I'm not, I'm just thinking of what could've been."

Then the taller girl looks back at the dark sky. Nayeon waits patiently for her response, thinking that maybe this time she can get another chance.

JY : "If you came back 5 years earlier. I would've hugged you like I used to."

All Nayeon could do is lower her head, she thought it'll be fine to talk about this kind of thing but she's pushing herself way too much on it. 

But what could she do if she still loves the girl next to her? 

Is it wrong if she's still hoping?

JY : "I wished I was like Dahyun and Chaeyoung who completely forgotten how painful it was to get left behind and without a doubt without any hesitation just welcomes you, or at least like Jihyo who believed that a day like this would come, a day where you'll be with us again. Who was strong enough to forgive just so you could go back to what you used to be but I'm not like them. You know why Nay? Because you're half of....." The taller girl chuckles. 

"It'll be an understatement to say you were half of what I used to be because we all knew you were all that I am. I understand that you have your own problems but you're still late and everything has already changed. I spent 7 years believing in things that made me hate you, that's why when you came back I didn't even want to see your face or hear your voice. It'll be a gamble we wouldn't want to take. We could be friends but there's no assurance we'll ever be the same as ages ago."

Nayeon felt the weight of her heart became heavier, it's like it's gonna drop off its place soon. She loves Jeongyeon, she never even stopped. Nayeon's always thought it'll be Jeongyeon until her last day. Hearing her say that it's not something they wouldn't want again, broke her heart.

NY : "Haha sorry, I shouldn't have bought it up. You already told me about this and here I am bugging you again about it."

The only thing she could do was laugh it off and pretend it didn't hurt.

JY : "Gwenchana, at least we're matured about it. Ohhh you run out of beer."

NY : "Maja, I should get more."

JY : "Just sit down, I need to go to the restroom. I'll grab you more on my way back."

NY : "You sure? I thought you're gonna stop me."

JY : "Nah, you can drink as much as you want. I'm not your mom haha, just make sure you don't throw up in my shirt."

NY : "As if I would haha. Gomawoyo."

JY : "Hai, hai.. I'll be back soon."

Nayeon started to shed tears after the taller girl left her alone. Jeongyeon's words are like a knife that cut through her heart but she knew she deserves this, she was the one at fault. Jeongyeon has forgiven her but she should know better, that it's not gonna be like how it used to be.

When she heard the door opening again she quickly wiped her tears and fake a smile. The least she could do is not to worry Jeongyeon in such a trivial thing.

-

Jihyo looked around, she finds it funny that the responsible ones are the youngest ones, who after having enough fun drove home and the oldest ones are the ones laying in her living room, wasted. Mina was the only sober one left in the living room, even her girlfriend was too wasted to move.

JH : "Aish, what kind of party is this? I should be the one getting wasted not these girls."

MN : "Haha well, you should have got drunk before they did."

JH : "As if it'll stop these girls. I'm gonna carry Sejeong to our room, we'll figure out what to do with them when I come back."

She said looking at Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Momo, Sana, and Tzuyu who were all laying on the floor.

She said looking at Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Momo, Sana, and Tzuyu who were all laying on the floor        

MN : "Arraso."

Mina's eyes start to wander off, well, she's been looking for that girl since earlier or should we say that Jeongyeon is the only person she's always looking for?

She found her sitting outside with Nayeon's head resting on her shoulder. It's not like it's something new, Mina has seen them dance together, hold each other hand, etc. But every time she finds them like this there's only one thing she asks herself.

"How do you become happy for somebody else?"

Because she wants to be happy for them, she knows how painful it was for Jeongyeon and she saw how Nayeon wanted this.

"Aish....."

Mina looked around and find Chaeyoung half awake sitting next to Dahyun.

MN : "Wae? Is something hurting?"

CY : "Dahyun's hogging all my space." She whines.

MN : "Haha just lay here." She said tapping the space on the couch next to her.

Chaeyoung moves her eyes were still half-closed and her hair was uncombed. She lay straight next to Mina. and the Japanese girl didn't notice right away how she was smiling at the younger girl.

JH : "Ohh so Chaeng already found her spot. The girl came out of nowhere. Arraso, it'll be impossible to get those girls home and I don't think we have enough people to drive them. Can you help me get pillows and blankets?"

MN : "Sure."

Mina followed Jihyo to the guests' room to grab the extra pillows and blankets. When they got out, Sana was already wrapped at Tzuyu, and Momo and Dahyun are curled together.

JH : "Next time I'm gonna ask you, girls, to pay for my electricity." She said while putting the blankets on the couples.

Mina just went on to put a blanket on Chaeng.

CY : "Unnie I'll drive you home."

JH : "Pabo, if you leave this place you're never gonna see tomorrow. Just stay there and sleep. Mina can drive herself."

CY : "Ehhh but..."

MN : "Jihyo is right, you should rest. I can go home on my own"

Chaeyoung didn't answer after that it seems the girl has fallen asleep again.

JH : "Now, I need to grab those two and find them a place to sleep."

MN : "I should go."

JH : "Can you wait for me? I want to walk you out."

MN : "Arraso."

JH : "Be back in a minute."

-

JH : "Yah! Stop being mushy and get inside the house before one of you get sick."

Jeongyeon turns around holding Nayeon's head. Jihyo didn't expect Jeongyeon to be the one sober out of these two.

JY : "Keep it down, you don't want to wake this girl up. She'll be loud like you haha."

JH : "Pabo go inside and put her in bed."

JY : "You have enough people you need to babysit. I'll take her home."

JH : "Wait are you sleeping together? again??"

JY : "What are you saying again? I'm just driving her home and then I'm going back to my place pabo."

JH : "Chill, I was just asking. My suit is not prepared yet."

JY : "Ji..."

JH : "Just kidding, you should go if you want to go home."

JY : "Arraso, can you give her a push?"

She said crouching in front of the sleeping girl. Jihyo pushed Nayeon to her back.

JY : "Thanks."

JH : "Hold her tight before she falls."

JY : "Don't worry I'm not gonna let that happen."

*DOOR OPENS*

*DOOR OPENS*

JH : "Mina its seems like these two are going home. I'm gonna walk you girls out."

JY : "Just go to bed and rest, we'll lock your doors and I'll make sure Mina gets into her car."

JH : "You sure?"

JY : "Of course, good night! Happy birthday again!"

MN : "Happy birthday Ji."

JH : "Thanks, see you on Monday."

Jeongyeon and mina walked together outside. Nayeon was still pass out in the taller girl's back.

MN : "You okay?"

JY : "Of course, I'm like the strongest girl in South Korea. If you want you can even climb on top of her."

MN : "Hahaha aren't you full of yourself Ms. Yoo?"

JY : "Well, with this look I think it's just right for me Ms. Myoui."

MN : "Is it just me or is it getting windy here? Haha you know what's surprising?"

JY : "Huh?"

MN : "That you're sober and everyone else is drunk. Haha I never thought a day like this would come."

Jeongyeon just smiles at her.

MN : "I should go, you take care."

JY : "Hey Mina."

Mina stopped and looked back at her.

JY : "Want to grab some dinner with me?"

MN : "You really are crazy, you have a girl passed out in your back and you want to eat dinner????"

JY : "Hahaha paboooooo. Of course not today, maybe next week?"

MN : "Yeah, that's fine but why?"

JY : "Do I always have to have a reason?"

MN : "Of course."

JY : "Arraso if it'll make you feel better. Then, I want to treat you, to also thank you for everything you've done for me up until now."

MN : "Why does it sound like your saying goodbye?"

JY : "Hahaha you overthink too much, I'll text you when. Go home and rest!"

MN : "Arraso, good night Jeong."

JY : "Have a good night Mina."

-

When Jeongyeon and Nayeon arrived in the older girls' apartment, the place was disorganized. It's probably because Nayeon's been busy for a while she doesn't even have that time to visit practice every day. Jeong puts her to bed and started cleaning the place, it's the first time she got to stay a little longer than just 5 minutes. She started sweeping the living room, wash the dishes in the kitchen. It would take her more than an hour to finish cleaning.

There's only one thing that's noticeable in the older girl's place, it's the number of pictures of them that she has.

---