CHAPTER 7

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938343133373138392f696d616765732f313634643437343564613237613938303436353134383230353133352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The dawn was breaking, the sunlight was directly hitting her face. Somehow it has gotten through this small space between her dark curtains. Well, it's not like it's something new.

Yoo Jeongyeon has been waking up like this for a long time now        

Yoo Jeongyeon has been waking up like this for a long time now.

She got out of bed and immediately she felt the cold breeze embracing her but nothing really bothers her anymore. She forgot how emotions work but no worries, she's not numb. Her feelings are still intact, in fact, she could feel the pain gets more and more painful with each passing day. All she does is cry and breakdown, she gets to laugh whenever she's with her friends but once she's all alone her whole world collapse in the painful memories of her past. There's nothing in this world that could ever top the feelings she felt when a certain someone disappeared on her.

She brushed her teeth, wash her face, and put her hoodie on. She goes down the building and started running next to Han river like she always does.

Jeongyeon's morning always starts like this, doesn't matter if she was tired from practicing or if she was drunk the night before. She always wakes up when the dawn is breaking, the only time she doesn't is when the pain is too much to bear. Usually, it happens around 3 am when she's calmly sleeping when she's at her most vulnerable, and when she's not prepared. It comes like an uninvited guest, you don't want it but you have to deal with them. It's either a memory of that girl or just an uncomfortable sensation tearing her heart apart.

And she always wonders, in this whole world is she the only one waking up with in a tired body? Is there someone out there who wakes up to the feeling of emptiness inside them?

-

After a long run, she usually makes up her breakfast before heading to practice. She turns the lights off and looked at her empty living room one last time. Sometimes when her brains want to her up, she'll remember a memory of the girl right before she leaves thus the moody mornings and unapproachable day.

[BAR]

Alcohol doesn't really do anything for her anymore. It doesn't help in numbing the pain nor forgetting her past, in fact, it makes her remember all the unwanted memories but it's something she got used to. To put it simply, her brain forces her to believe that alcohol still helps but her heart knows even getting intoxicated is not enough to make the pain go away.

HYUNA : "Aren't you early for tonight?"

JY : "Is there a right time for alcohol? Haha."

HA: "Well , you do have a point. So what it is today? Remembered your ex?"

JY : "As if, I'm way past that point."

HA : "Ohhh haha if you say so."

Jeongyeon got a few drinks, she always runs here since the owner is a family friend, Hyuna is like a big sister to her and Jihyo since she was little.

It's a place too loud it's deafening the pain in her heart. Someday if she gets lucky it'll be peaceful but most of the time a bunch of things happens. Just like today.

"Hey wanna go with me?" A drunk guy asked the girl behind her.

"Sorry but I'm with a friend"

Jeongyeon didn't want to intervene with it, she knows it's gonna be a pain in the but she thought if she's just gonna watch like the others, who's gonna help her? She's well aware that not all who need saving needs to ask for it.

*THUD*

And suddenly the rowdy crowd was filled with silence. Hyuna rushes to where the commotion was happening. She knows what happened even if she hasn't seen it. Just like what she thought there she was, Jeongyeon was standing in between a girl and a man who was holding a broken billiard cue.

JY : "If a girl says she doesn't want to go then don't force her."

"The you want?"

JY : "Nothing just leave her alone."

The guy wasn't happy with what she said, with her hoodie and cap hiding her beautiful face he thought she was a man. He was about to hit her again with the broken half of the cue when two big guys grabbed him.

HA : "These two will be assisting you to the police station for trying to kidnap and assaulting other customers. From now on it would be better if you prefer not to set foot on this place again."

"What the hell I didn't do anything?!?!"

HA : "Arraso." She said giving signs to the security to take the guy away.

HA : "Jeong are you okay?"

JY : "Nothing new. I'm leaving."

HA : "You sure? Jihyo will kill me."

JY : "Don't worry about her, I'll see you next time unnie."

HA "Please don't I don't want to see you here again."

JY : "You say that but you always welcome me with a hug."

HA : "Pabo that means I want you to visit me and not the alcohol."

JY : "Arraso, I'm going."

Jeongyeon was about to exit the place when the girl from earlier grab her hand.

"Uhm thank you."

JY : "No worries just be careful next time."

-

And just like the usual Mina found Jeongyeon in the side of her door. She didn't ask any questions and just help her up.

JY : "Ouc....."

MN : "What?"

JY : "Nothing."

The Japanese knew there's something wrong. When she lay Jeongyeon on the sofa she squeezed her biceps really hard

JY : "Yah!!! It hurts."

MN : "You said it was nothing. Take off your jacket."

Mina quickly helped her in taking off the jacket, when the piece of clothing was tossed to the side she found this small cut with it's surrounding almost turning black.

MN : "What happened?!"

JY "I said it's nothing."

MN : "Stop saying it's nothing! How am I gonna treat you if you don't tell me where you got this?"

JY : "Okay I'm sorry, I was just in the right place at the right time."

MN : "Aishhh Yoo Jeongyeon...... Let's clean this first."

Mina grabs her first aid kit and places a soaked towel on the drunk girl's forehead.

MN : "You know Ms. Yoo this is not a hospital, right?"

JY : "Are you a doctor?"

MN : "I am but I'm a physical..."

JY : "You know first aid?"

MN : "I do."

JY : "Then this is better than a hospital. I get to see you while I feel the pain."

MN : "Aish what happened? Why did you get in trouble? Is it about her again?"

JY : "Ani, I was just having fun."

MN : "Well, I guess you have so much fun huh?" She said as she squeezed on of Jeongyeon bruised.

JY : "Hey!"

MN : "What? I told you this is not a hospital, if you want to be treated like a baby then go there."

JY : "Would you really let me go like this?"

MN : "Jeong how many times do I have to tell you? Stop this, it's not good you get into fights. I know you just want to protect someone but you can't save everyone."

JY : "I know...." She said closing her eyes.

And Mina realizes she said too much.

MN : "Mianhe I didn't mean it that way. It's just I wish you take care of yourself more. It's good you trying to help but you always forget about yourself. I love taking care of you but not like this, not when you're already wounded."

JY : "I know, but I didn't want you doing that. Not until I'm like this, not until I still cry and breakdown whenever her name gets mentioned or I see something that reminds me of her. I wish I could just give my heart away but it's fragile... It's broken, and I don't want to break anyone because of that. No one deserves this broken heart."

Whenever she gets drunk she says stuff like this. She's not aware but this is exactly why Mina fell in love with her, Mina couldn't help it, she wants to save whatever is left in Jeongyeon but she's too broken she doesn't even know if the taller girl would ever love again.

Mina pours alcohol into Jeongyeon's wound.

JY : "Ouch!!!!!"

MN : "Next time you say does things, say it while you're not intoxicated."

JY : "Mianhe Mina. Are you getting tired?"

MN : "I'm not...."

JY : "You know all you have to do is tell me to stop and I'll stop coming here."

MN : "Pabo.... Stop talking about me and pay attention to yourself."

JY : "Haha sorry for being dramatic. Thank you for always being there."

MN : "Arraso."

And Mina wanted to cry because along with Jeongyeon's shattered heart is the pieces of hers that slowly getting torn apart.

And Mina wanted to cry because along with Jeongyeon's shattered heart is the pieces of hers that slowly getting torn apart

---