CHAPTER 4

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3935313837353130362f696d616765732f313634613236363263656562633563653538363130323530363530352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

[MINA'S PLACE 10 PM]

Sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it even takes until midnight...

But she always comes.

*BEEP*BEEP*

Her phone started ringing, she didn't answer it because she didn't have to, she knows what's happening. She rushes to the door and found the taller girl sitting outside, right next to her door. Her helmet was on the floor next to her keys. She was hugging her knees and her face was buried in it like she always does.

MN : "What happened? Did you get into a fight again, Jeong???"

JY : "Ani." She mumbles.

MN : "Did you remember her?"

JY : "Ani.."

MN : "What's the matter, then?"

JY : "Just wanted to have fun." She lifted her head and smiled at Mina.

Mina notice the tears forming in her eyes, Jihyo was right she probably remembered her today

Mina notice the tears forming in her eyes, Jihyo was right she probably remembered her today. It's always like this, whenever Jeongyeon run to her place. She's either on the verge of crying or her eyes are already puffy from crying.

Mina picked her helmet up, and help her stand up.

MN : "Let's go inside Jeong."

JY : "Sorry Mina..."

MN : "Hai, hai." She softly said.

On nights like this where Jeongyeon ends her practice by hitting a hundred ball, she always goes straight to the bar and drinks. And there's only one reason it could be a matter of why but it's mostly a matter of who. It's still the same person she tries to bury with that feeling, the same person from ages ago.

-

They slowly made their way to the living room where the taller girl just laid straight to the sofa.

MN : "Pabo, I told you to drink at your place." She said as she removes her shoes.

JY : "Don't want to."

MN : "And that motorcycle?!?! I told you if you're drinking take a taxi or if you don't want to, call me and I'll pick you up. Not like this, don't drive yourself."

JY : "But I made it though."

MN : "Aish that's not something you should be proud of. Next time how sure you'll make it? Aish Jeongyeon..... I'm gonna get some water."

JY : "Sorry Mina."

MN : "Stop saying sorry and just rest."

This wasn't the first time it happens a lot. Jihyo couldn't remember when but it's probably after the girl disappears from Jeongyeon's life. Somehow the Jeongyeon who hate drinking got overly attached to alcohol. Jihyo tried to stop her, she's still trying but at some point, she just accepted that this is how Jeongyeon copes with things now.

Jeongyeon used to run to Jihyo whenever she has enough drinking. It used to be Jihyo but now she runs to Mina.

*FLASHBACK*

It first happened when she got drunk and got into a fight for trying to get in the middle of a breakup. She was just helping the girl who seems to be being dragged by her boyfriend out of the bar. The guy punches her in the face, it was a good thing nobody recognized her.

She was bleeding a lot but instead of going to the hospital, she hailed a taxi, reach for her wallet, and got Mina's business card. The Japanese have just started working with them at the time.

The moment Jeongyeon arrived. She called Mina, and the girl rushed outside to see the taller girl sitting on the floor.

MN : "Hey Jeongyeon-ssi, what happened?"

Jeongyeon lift her head and smiled. "Nothing." She answer but Mina was surprised to see bleeding, she was reeking of alcohol.

And as a doctor, she didn't have time to panic instead she helped her in even though she didn't know exactly what happened. Apply first-aid to her and a little later Jeongyeon fell asleep on her Sofa.

*OUTGOING CALL : COACH PARK JIHYO*

JH : "Good evening doc, what's up?"

MN : "Uhmmm Jeongyeon is here, she was bleeding when she arrived. She said it was nothing but I'm sure it's from a punch. She's already passed out, should I call the police?"

JH : "Sorry Mina, but if you can just keep her for a while? Sejeong and I will be there in a minute and you don't have to call anyone else."

MN : "Hai."

*END OF CALL*

And Mina did what Jihyo asked. She stayed next to Jeongyeon and waited for the couple to arrive.

*DING*DONG*

She let them in and Jihyo found Jeongyeon sleeping in the living room.

JH : "I'm sorry Mina. I didn't know why she went here, she always goes to our place after a night of drinking."

MN : "Wait, this happened before?"

SJ : "Always."

MN : "Wae?"

JH : "She got problems, about something."

SJ : "Someone love."

JH : "Maja, someone. Whenever she remembers the girl, she gets drunk." She said while kneeling in front of the sleeping Jeongyeon.

SJ : "Most of the time she ends up like this."

JH : "Jeong wake up, we're taking you home."

JY : "Oh Ji :) What are you doing here?"

JH : "Babo I should be asking you that, why are you bothering someone???"

JH :        

JY : "What? I was bleeding, Doctor Myoui is a doctor. So...."

JH : "Aish, get up let's go. You bothered her enough."

JY : "Ehhh? But it's okay, right Mina-ssi?"

MN : "Uhm of course."

JH : "I'm sorry Mina, I'll explain the rest to you tomorrow. Jeong say you're sorry." She said forcing the girl to bow with her.

JY : "Hai, hai. I'm sorry doc, I'll be counting on you next time too."

JH : "What are you saying, babo."

JY : "Ehhh I don't want to bother you and Sejeong anymore."

JH : "So you're bothering someone else? Aish.."

MN : "I-it's fine." She stutters.

JH : "Let's talk about this tomorrow. I'm really sorry, I hope you could go back to sleep."

SJ : "We're going Mina, thank you for helping her."

The next day Mina came into work and when she saw Jeongyeon, she notices how it seems like she wasn't even drunk last night. The taller girl apologized for what happened but never really mention any reason. Jihyo explained it to her later that day.

Turns out Jeongyeon's been like this for almost 6 years. She runs to Jihyo whenever she gets in trouble because running to a hospital would only raise rumors about her. Since Mina is a doctor she thought its best if she runs to her, it's like hitting two birds with one stone. She gets to see a doctor and at the same time, she doesn't bother the couple.

She does it a lot whenever she's lonely or sad. She cries a lot and shrugs it off the next day.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

It would happen from time to time when she gets drunk. Either she gets into a fight or she's just too drunk that the pain in her heart overflows. Mina would always find her sitting next to the door.

-

Mina continued wiping her face, Jeongyeon had her eyes close, her hands on her forehead. Then the tears that were building up in her eyes a while ago finally poured down her face. Mina didn't mind wiping the tears away, she always does this, she's used to it. The only thing she could do was hope that one day, the taller girl will overcome this.

And part of getting to see Jeongyeon drunk is seeing her break like glass.

Fragile and vulnerable.

Jeongyeon's too broken, too damaged but she's tough..... Tough when everyone is around, especially when it's Jihyo, though it's all a façade because it's been 6 years and she doesn't want her friends to see her like this but Mina is different. If it's the doctor she always let the tears go.

And maybe that's part of the reason why Jeongyeon always runs to Mina.

Myoui Mina wouldn't mind wiping the tears off Yoo Jeongyeon's face. It's even better that the younger girl wouldn't even mention anything the next day.

Myoui Mina was her sanctuary. Her calm surrender.

Her calm surrender        

---

(A/N) That's it for now :) Hope everyone is having a great day! Stay safe and healthy! See you next time!