CHAPTER 16

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

 

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938383633343836312f696d616765732f313634653161323463323038303735393730393731373732363230302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

 NO ONE'S POV

NY : "Ji? "

She was still in the process of calming herself down when Nayeon found her.

JH : "Hey, I was about to go see you in your office."

NY : "Gwenchana, we can talk here :)" She said sitting next to Jihyo.

JH : "Arraso, I just want you to know that the team has 2 confirmed practice game. One of them includes 6 teams, well have a bunch of games in two days, and I thought you may want to attend the SKVA party."

NY : "SKVA?"

JH : "South Korea Volleyball Association, we always have a charity event just before the season start. Everyone is invited, I'll let you know the details if you want to go."

NY : "I wouldn't miss it."

JH : "Then I'm going."

Jihyo thought she still needs time, she wasn't sure how to ask Nayeon, she didn't know how to tell her she wants to be friends again. She stood up and started to walk away.

NY : "Ji, you waited a whole day for these? Is that the only thing you want me to know?"

Jihyo slowly turns around, she looks at Nayeon from a distance. This is the first time she stares at her face ever since she came back, it's the same face from ages ago. The memories started to come back, Jihyo could remember how Nayeon laugh, how loud her voice could get, how she doesn't accept the idea of losing, and how the older girl believes in everything she says without asking her why or what.

Nayeon has always been someone who stood next to her, the only reason she hates her is that the older girl just suddenly left them.

Nayeon has always been someone who stood next to her, the only reason she hates her is that the older girl just suddenly left them        

JH : "You know what's funny? Ever since the three of us were small, I always thought I'll be the one to leave you two. You and Jeong are inseparable, that's why when you left it almost killed her. So why did you come back?"

Finally, the words came out.

NY : "I want to right the things I did wrong... To you and Jeongyeon." She said in hesitation.

JH : "You haven't even asked if Jeongyeon is single."

NY : "I made up my mind before I got here, even if she's single or not, I'll still try to correct what I did."

JH : "Then why did you left?"

NY : "I'll tell you everything, do you still have time?"

JH : "I have all the time in the world, I want to know what's so important you choose to abandon your best friends."

NY : "Arraso, let's sit down."

Jihyo walks back to where Nayeon was, she sat next to her and look at the ground as she braces herself to whatever reason Nayeon's gonna tell her. It doesn't matter how stupid will it be, she made up her mind, she'll try fixing things with her best friend.

Nayeon begins to explain in the best way she could, she gave all the details that lead to the decision. Jihyo could feel the emotions rushing to her, the pain, and she starts to remember the last year they have with Nayeon before she left.

It was their first-year of college, Nayeon and Jeongyeon just move in together. Seungyeon lend them her apartment because it was close to the university, while Jihyo lives with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. It was also the year where she tore her ACL, the same reason she decided to quit playing.

It was also the year where she tore her ACL, the same reason she decided to quit playing

But it wasn't hard, since she has Nayeon beside her through the whole process. Nayeon is the only person she could open up to since she knew if she said something to Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun back then, they'll just feel bad for her and she didn't want that. It was weird that Nayeon understands her at that time but now everything is getting clearer. Everything makes sense even the part where she left. She didn't notice the tears have started falling. She never knew this will be the reason why, all this time Jihyo thought Nayeon left for a selfish decision. She wants to hate herself for not trying hard enough, for not noticing. She could feel her stomach getting stirred inside, her mind was starting to get blank. She's not expecting any of this, she's not prepared for this. It's not the pain she was expecting.

NY : ".....That's all there is Ji, I hope you believe in me."

She said not noticing that the girl next to her has started crying.

NY : "Ji?" She turns around and finally saw Jihyo head down, crying. She could see her shoulders go up and down.

Nayeon holds her hand.

JH : "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

NY : "Because I know you two, we always did everything together and I knew you wouldn't hesitate to do whatever you can for me. It was something I didn't want to share with the two of you. It was something I have to do on my own." She said smiling at her friend.

Jihyo cries like she's a grade-schooler. She's far from the calm and collected coach everyone knows. Today, she's Nayeon's best friend.

JH : "I'm s-sorry." She stutters.

NY : "What for? I was the one to leave and made you go through that pain. It was me who was only thinking about myself. I'm hoping the two of you can give me a chance. I want you and Jeongyeon back, that's the only thing I want in this life."

Jihyo nodded and hugged her. Nayeon wiped the tears in her eyes as she stops herself from crying. There wasn't a day inside that 7 years she didn't regret what she did, the only thing she was happy about is that Jihyo and Jeongyeon were able to make their dreams come true, she wished she was there when they're making it happened.

JH : "When are you gonna tell her?"

NY : "Once she's ready to hear me out."

JH : "She's been single since you left, she got hurt the most she forgot how to live. You two have to patch whatever needs to be patched. Maybe, just maybe she'll understand but don't forget you still left, and that's what broke her."

NY : "That's why I'm still waiting until she's ready to hear me out."

Jihyo let go of their hug.

JH : "You know her she's stubborn it'll probably take sometime before she ask you but I hope you wait until then." She smiles at her.

NY : "That's the reason I came back, I'll wait no matter how long it takes."

JH : "Uhm... About your question last time. I don't think we can go back."

Nayeon looks at her, she understands at least she cleared things with Jihyo.

JH : "I want us to start over, let's forget about the past..."

Nayeon just grabs her and engulf her in a hug.

NY : "Thanks Ji... I thought this day will never come."

JH : "I was hoping it will be earlier than this but it's okay. Your back and that's all that matters. Welcome home Nayeon unnie."

---        

---

(A/N) Sorry if it's all drama😂 I'm already writing on my Chapter 30... Well, if you think of it, it's not really that long since I only write 1k-2k words per chapters haha. I'm planning to end this story before new year, so you can expect that I'll be updating from time to time 😊 As per why Nayeon left, I'll reveal it with Jeongyeon....... HAHA! See you next time! Stay safe and healthy!!!❤

Ps. CRY FOR ME will be release on Friday next week (12/18) Let's give love ❤❤❤❤❤