CHAPTER 49

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939363930353631382f696d616765732f313635353439383330613465306536343932383437323538383638302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

When Jeongyeon woke up Nayeon was already gone, unlike the usual thing the older girl does. There was no cooked food in her fridge. She thought of trying to talk things through with Nayeon. Maybe give it another chance, but the girl is elusive. She couldn't catch her for a whole week.

It was just a matter of time, a matter of who gets to do their first move. Unfortunately for Jeongyeon, Nayeon has thought about this a million times and she has already made up her mind.

-

It's been a week since Mina had finally taken the load in her heart, it's been weeks of non-stop work but it's fine. Jeongyeon would come by and say hi and of course Chaeyoung wouldn't miss the chance to invite her to go out whenever she cans. But today she had to stay to finish some work, someone knocks at her door but it isn't the usual small girl who patiently waits until she finishes her work.

NY : "Mianhe, are you expecting someone?"

MN : "Aniyo, please come in unnie."

NY : "Thank you Mina."

MN : "What brought you here unnie?"

NY : "Well, I came to deliver your dinner. I heard you've been working overtime lately.... And to apologize. I know I made things harder for you." She said sitting.

MN : "Huh?"

NY : "I know you like Jeongyeon. I'm sorry."

MN : "You don't have to apologize for something like that. It's not like you did something wrong."

NY : "Now I understand why Jeong like you :)"

Mina looks at the older girl, she didn't know where she got this idea and somehow things feel uncomfortable. Like there's something the older girl wants to say.

Like there's something the older girl wants to say        

NY : "You're kind and selfless unlike me. You're everything that I never been to her....." She continues. "Beside apologizing I came here to tell you I'm leaving, I'm going back to Sydney tomorrow."

MN : "Tomorrow??? Wae? Why are you leaving when everything between you two is starting to get better? Why when you're almost back together? Don't do this to her, not again unnie. She'll never make it this time."

NY : "Everything might be better but we're nowhere near on getting back together. To be honest, It's nothing like that. Jeongyeon wouldn't say it but I can tell. I know her since we were little."

MN : "Unnie."

NY : "I'm pretty sure she likes you Mina. If I didn't come back you two would've probably been together now. I know it's not gonna be me again. I had my chance and I blew it. Returning just messed everything, it even made things worst for her."

MN : "I'm sure that's not the case. Have you two talked about this?"

NY : "We don't need to do that, I know it already. Besides if I did I might change my mind and I don't want that. I don't want to stay because I've already hurt her so much. I can't afford to make her suffer more. That's why I decided to have some rest away from her."

MN : "But you still love her."

NY : "I do, I love her so much. I love her enough that I'm willing to let her go. Mina there's nothing wrong if you love her, don't worry about me. All I want is for her to be happy again, and we know she can't until I'm here. Although I accepted this with my whole heart I still can't be strong enough to see everything unfold. I would be lying if I say I wouldn't get hurt seeing you two, it'll hurt and it'll probably hurt like hell. And that's not right, I should be happy for her. But it's not the right time yet. For me to fully be happy for the two of you, I have to do this."

MN : "When are you planning to tell them? To tell her?"

NY : "Hehe I actually told everyone and asked them not to tell you and Jeong. I had a hard time explaining it to Jihyo but thankfully she understood. I wanted to tell you on my own since I wanted to apologize again."

MN : "And how about her?"

NY : "I can't...... I don't want her to see me crying. So.... If you can..."

MN : "No. I don't want to be the one to tell her. You two need to talk, there's something you should hear from her so you do it. You tell her what you want to do."

NY : "Hahaha I can't believe your this hard, I'll try okay? Thanks for listening to me. You can count me on cheering for the two of you :)"

MN : "Aish, and I can't believe you'll be this stubborn. Go to her and tell her what you told me. Try to hear her out unnie."

Mina wants to tell her, "Jeongyeon loves you, you stupid lady." But it's not her to tell, it's time for Jeongyeon to tell her the truth. The only thing she could do is convince the older girl to talk to Jeongyeon.

NY : "Arraso, I'll go to her after this. I should get going if I want to drop by her place. I still have things I need to pack."

MN : "Just make sure you talk to her okay? Maybe I'll see you tomorrow??"

NY : "Hai, I'll send you my flight details. Then, I should get going, see you."

Mina just nodded in response, she can't believe there's someone more stubborn than Jeongyeon. But at least she was able to convince her to talk to Jeongyeon.

-

Mina woke up late but just in time to sent Nayeon off, her plans didn't change and Mina thought that the two might already have agreed on something. When she arrived at the airport one girl was missing. She starts asking the team and even Jihyo didn't know where the hell is Jeongyeon. So, Mina took the matter on her own hand.

So, Mina took the matter on her own hand

*OUT GOING CALL : YOO JEONGYEON*

MN : "Where are you?"

JY : "At the gym??? You know what.. Weirdly, no one has come since the morning. Did we have a day off?"

MN : "Aish pabo, everyone's in the airport right now."

JY : "Ehhhhh? Who's leaving???"

MN : "She didn't tell you?"

JY : "Huh?"

MN : "Jeong, Nayeon unnie is leaving again..."

Jeongyeon didn't answer back, it's just silence on the other line of the phone.

MN : "Are you still there?"

Jeongyeon hummed in response.

MN : "There's no time to be sulky just get your here. She still has 2 hours before she boards the plane Jeong, get your stupid here and stop her. Do something, something you couldn't do before. I'm sending you the gate number."

JY : "A-arraso..." The girl stutter.

*END OF CALL*

Jeongyeon's head starts to get messy. The only thing she could grab was her keys, her wallet, and her phone. She rode her motorcycle in her tracksuit. She couldn't think straight, she doesn't want it to happen again. She doesn't want to wake up tomorrow and Nayeon is nowhere to be found, again.

Jeongyeon had enough of a life without Im Nayeon.

All she wants is the older girl, she should've tried harder. Should've gone to her place and told Nayeon that she loves her, that they could still have a chance. A new start or even a continuation of the story they ended.

She was running 100 kph when the sky starts to pour down heavy rain, the roads start to be slippery and it was starting to be hard to see. As if someone is stopping her but she couldn't stop, she wouldn't stop. Not for anyone, she's not letting Nayeon leave again.

The car in front of her stopped and she was too close she couldn't stop, she swerved to her right but it was too late when she noticed the other car on her right.

*AMBULANCE SIRENS*

*AMBULANCE SIRENS*

---

(A/N) For all the people who wished for angst; This is the angst you all wanted. HAHAHA