CHAPTER 34

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

 

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939363633373334382f696d616765732f313635333232613238633064653065383238313132323537383134302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

When Jeongyeon wakes up the first thing she did was run outside, she started running the length of the beach as the sun rises. She looks at how the ocean never seems to end.

SG : "Jeong!"

JY : "Seulgi! How are you?" She greets her excitedly.

SG : "Great, how about you?"

JY : "Same :)"

SG : "About Yeri, I'm sorry she couldn't keep her opinions to herself."

JY : "Haha Yeri's been like that since we're in high school. I should be the one apologizing for losing my cool."

SG : "You don't have to. We scolded Yeri yesterday, so rest assured she won't say anything stupid again."

JY : "Poor child, haha but if you can tell her I'm sorry about yesterday it'll be great. I'll apologize again if I see her."

SG : "Arraso, I'm going back Irene would freak out if she wakes up without me in bed. You should go back too, breakfast would be ready soon."

JY : "I'll run another lap, then I'll go back after. See you there."

SG : "Hai! Hai!" She said running back to the hotel.

Jeongyeon continued her morning jog, the fresh air was helping her a lot in clearing her mind        

Jeongyeon continued her morning jog, the fresh air was helping her a lot in clearing her mind. When she has enough of running she went straight back to the hotel. The first thing she noticed was her teammates setting on the outside tables of the hotel, eating breakfast.

JY : "Omo Sana haven't even wash her face." She said teasing the Japanese girl.

SN : "Yah! I did!"

JY : "Ehhhh you did???? Is this how you look like whenever you wake up???? Hahaha."

SN : "Yah Chou Tzuyu what are you laughing at?"

JH : "Arraso, stop teasing her and go grab your breakfast we have a long day ahead of us."

JY : "Hai! Sana I'm just joking, you still look beautiful." She said running inside and leaving the Japanese blushing.

TY : "Yah hyung!!!!!! And you what are you smiling at?!"

SN : "What?! I'm not...."

CY : "Hahahaha easy tiger, just be glad that hyung is in a good mood. Less work for us today."

DH : "Maja."

On her way inside Jeongyeon bump into Nayeon who was on her way out.

NY : "Good morning Jeong."

JY : "Good morning Nayeon."

Nayeon didn't expect Jeongyeon to greet her, left alone she even called her name. For the first time since she came back, Jeongyeon finally says her name.

-

After eating breakfast the girls went to the local gymnasium, when they got inside the place was packed with locals and people who traveled all the way to Pohang to watch them. Well, these it the top 4 teams in the league right now and it wouldn't be a surprise that the news about their practices games spread out.

"We'll do 1 round, 6 games per day. Teams will play against all the other teams and as per the captains and coaches agree on losers will get a punishment. We'll start off with Black Pink and Mamamoo." The committee said.

The girls just sat on the side waiting for there turn, they watched as Hwasa dominated the whole game winning within three sets.

DH : "Are we up next?"

JH : "Yap, we do alternate games so we can play with everyone, every day. I expect nothing less for you guys. Jeong?"

JY : "Fighting!" She cheered.

The girls started to take formation, Nayeon was sitting with Sana and Momo in the bleachers. This will be her first time to see how Jeongyeon played since she become professional but she still remembers how Jeongyeon play.

The game started with an overwhelming jump served from Jeongyeon, the crowd grew silent at how hard the girl hit the ball. No doubt she's called the empress, this is the only time her teammates are happy that they're standing on the same side of the court as her.

Nayeon's knows exactly what kind of toss Jeongyeon loves to hit, how she hit with her body facing the front. The taller girl still approaches a high toss with 3 steps and of course, Jeongyeon right hand hit that always kills the ball. Well, she used to sit in the bleachers like this ever since they're in grade school. She watches all of Jeongyeon's game before she suddenly disappeared.

They're already on the 5th set of the game and Twice was on their match point. Irene started with a powerful jump served, Chaeyoung was able to put it up but it was off, Dahyun had to chase it, she then tosses it to Jeongyeon who was on the opposite side of her but it wasn't enough to reach her right hand. Nayeon thought it'll be another chance ball for the opponent since Jeongyeon was bad with using her left hand but what she saw next surprised her.

Because when Dahyun threw the ball to where Jeongyeon was. The taller girl still did her 3 steps approached, Nayeon thought she's trying to bluff the opponents but after jumping in mid-air. Jeongyeon killed that ball with a quick using her left hand,

Her left hand.

Nayeon didn't expect that Jeongyeon could hit that hard with her left hand now, because that left hand used to be for something else.

[FLASHBACK]

Jeongyeon and Nayeon have always been together since they're in grade school the two didn't start dating until they're in high school and Jeongyeon is just in love with volleyball as much as she loves Nayeon.

The girl would always carry a ball around.

NY : "Yoo Jeongyeon, you're always carrying that with you. What about me?"

JY : "What? are you getting jealous of a ball? Hahaha kyeopta. Don't worry you'll always have my left hand." She said raising her left hand that was entangled with Nayeon's hand.

NY : "Because you don't use it too often pft." She sulks.

JY : "Silly, it's not because I don't use it that much. It's because I always want you close to my heart." She said stealing a kiss from the older girl.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

That left hand used to be for something else, it used to belong to Im Nayeon.

That left hand used to be for something else, it used to belong to Im Nayeon

-

The day continued, Twice and Red velvet both have lost 2 games. The girls were assigned to clean the gymnasium while Red velvet was assigned to do the dishes.

Nayeon finally had the chance to ask about what she just saw.

NY : "Ji.... When?"

JH : "That left hit?"

NY : "H-hai."

JH : "Maybe a year or two after you left? I don't know exactly when but Jeongyeon isn't called the empress for nothing. She controls everything inside the court and it means she has to be able to use both of her hands."

"I know it's surprising, back when we're in high school she won't use it to hit a ball. And everyone knew why. I'm pretty sure you remember how she would always shout it in the gym. "This hand belongs to Im Nayeon." While lifting her left, Right? But after you left there was nothing keeping that hands busy, so she would hit 100 times a day using that hand, she works hard to use it for the only thing that didn't leave her."

NY : "I..."

JH : "I know you're sorry, you've said that it a million times since you suddenly popped out. I get it, you have you're reasons. You just have to deal with her until she's willing enough to let you in again."

And Nayeon wanted to cry, if it wasn't for the people who were still there she'll do it. There was nothing about Yoo Jeongyeon that belong to her anymore but she knew it was her fault, she was the first one to let go.

---

(A/N) I'm not gonna focus on the game sorry hehe.