CHAPTER 27

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3939333731373734312f696d616765732f313635303035633565643062623361623935373030343632333435312e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Dahyun and Momo walk inside the gym holding hands, it's been days like this but Dahyun's been wondering how come no one has said anything to them? Or a least teased them. They walk past some of them who was already warming up. Dahyun raised her hand that's was entangled to Momo's and waved it a few times, the girls just continue minding their business.

Dahyun raised her hand that's was entangled to Momo's and waved it a few times, the girls just continue minding their business

DH : "Yah! somethings wrong with all of you!"

Momo chuckles.

JY : "If there's something wrong here is Momo falling in love with a dork like you."

The rest of the girls laughed.

DH : "Ehhhhhhhh? You already knew? But we haven't told anyone."

TY : "Well, you don't really have to. We knew it all this time."

DH : "Huh?"

CY : "You're the only one who's dense here hahaha."

JH : "Everyone to the court and you, change already." She told Dahyun.

JH : "Oh and you get 5 fewer laps today. Congrats Dub :)"

Dahyun just laughed maybe it was really that obvious, that people expected them to end up together.

-

That's not the only thing that's been happening every day, today just like the other nights Jeongyeon came home to this familiar rustling in the kitchen. She knew right away it was the older girl. The familiar scent and the silent humming gave it away. And it's not like she wanted it, it's just the older girl is stubborn.

She found herself in the kitchen wearing this new apron she has bought; she thought the old one has already holes in it.

"Oh, you're home early today."

JY : "Practice was over earlier. What are you doing here?"

The older girl stopped and stared puzzled at the taller girl. She then lifts the chopsticks she has.

"Pabo... I'm cooking"

JY : "Obviously, I'm asking why are you here. You had a long meeting today right?"

"Maja, I'll finish then I'm gonna leave. I made an extra one for tomorrow too."

JY : "Stay..."

"Pardon?"

JY : "Rest a bit before you go, we can eat dinner together."

"Are you sure? I don't want you feeling uncomfortable because of me. I'm almost done."

JY : "Aish, I'm not gonna ask again, if you want to go then go. I'm going to take a bath just lock the door."

And Jeongyeon thought the older girl would have left already once she's done washing but the moment she got out, she heard the TV and saw the older girl sleepy, watching.

"I hope you don't mind."

JY : "It's fine we should eat you need to rest."

She said sitting at the table, the older girl just sat in front of her. The meal was quiet no words were being spoken the only thing they could hear is the TV. Jeongyeon didn't mean to but her eyes got stuck in the girl in front of her, she notices how tired she looks like. Her eyes were half-closed she didn't even notice that Jeongyeon's been looking at her. After they ate, the older girl got up and started gathering the plates.

After they ate, the older girl got up and started gathering the plates

JY : "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna wash the dishes."

JY : "I'll do it, just sit down and rest."

She proceeds in washing the dishes while the older girl went to sit in the living room. After washing, Jeongyeon went to check her but she found the older girl who was still in her work clothes slumped sleeping on her couch. She gently taps the older girl as she tries to wake her up.

"Oh mianhe, I'm going." She said as she gently brushes her eyes.

JY : "It'll be dangerous if you drive like that..... If you want to, you can stay the night. I'll lend you some pajamas too."

The older girl stared at her blink a few times and scratch her eyes again.

"Am I dreaming?"

JY : "Aish, aniyo.... I can't just let you go like that. Besides, think of this as a thank you for all the meal."

"Uhm you didn't have to."

JY : "I insist, I don't want to be in-debt with you. You know where the shower is, I'm going to grab some clothes, I'll leave it outside the door."

"Arraso."

The older girl's heart starts beating fast when she put on the pajama Jeongyeon lend her, it was covered with her scent it almost felt like she was hugging her. She misses this, this kind of night where they just share a meal, take a long bath, and sleep. The moment she got out she went back to the couch and was already making herself comfortable when she heard the sound of the door creak.

JY : "Sleep in the bed. We don't want the CEO of Kim tech having back pains tomorrow."

"Ehhh? What about you? Are you sleeping with me?"

Jeongyeon throws a pillow at her face.

JY :

JY : "Pabo, I'm sleeping here instead. Take the bed and rest well."

"Why are you being nice?"

JY : "I told you it's to thank you for the meals nothing more. Now go and sleep, I'll be fine right here."

"Arraso. Mianhe for the sudden sleepover."

JY : "Hey did you come back here alone? I mean how's uncle? Auntie? Seoyeon?"

"Seoyeon just finished college, she's working in Sydney right now. Mom and dad are in the process of retiring soon." She said stopping right in front of the bedroom door.

Jeongyeon laid on the couch,

JY : "Ahhh that's great uncle will finally have his dreams come true. Arraso, goodnight."

Truth be told, as much as the Yoo's loves the older girl. The Im's have a special spot for Jeongyeon too. The older girl's parents moved to Sydney with her sister when she was in middle school. A big factor in her choosing to stay in Korea was Jeongyeon. She grew up in her aunt's place until they got the approval of both of their parents to live together until she suddenly left. That's why when she left Jeongyeon almost lost the will to live because the older girl didn't give her any reason, if she was on bad terms with her family she could've easily believed that she was forced to leave her but she wasn't...

-

The next thing she knows she was woken up by this rustling sound, again, from the kitchen. She finds it funny how the older girl seems to have claimed her kitchen. She was too tired to get up so she just laid there, she listens as the girl sing a happy song early in this morning. And this crazy thought crosses her mind. This should've been them if she didn't suddenly disappear on her. They could've been happily married. The older girl should've never come back...... If she didn't leave in the first place.

When Jeongyeon heard the sound of footsteps coming closer, she closed her eyes and pretend she was still sleeping. She took a quick pick and saw the older girl crouching in front of her. After that, she felt her hair being ruffled.

"I'm sorry I left you, It was my fault for being scared. I'm sorry it took this long for me to come back. I know you don't want me now, but let me at least stay by your side for a while. I love you Jeong. I never stopped." She said in her hoarse voice. It was obvious that she was crying

The next thing Jeongyeon felt was the soft lips pressing her forehead, the moment she opened her eyes the girl has already left

The next thing Jeongyeon felt was the soft lips pressing her forehead, the moment she opened her eyes the girl has already left.

---