Player-(1)

ONESHOT IDLE

Scene 1

South Korea.

Seoul.

Hwaa Love Hotel

07:13:08 am

The petals that lay on the windowsill near the flowers that had long withered in a vase were easily blown away by the wind. Thin fingers gently walked over the dried buds, then grabbed the "waist" of the vase, brought it to the face, inhaling the already lost aroma. Instead of grimacing in disgust, the girl's face lit up with a sad smile. Lips painted with light pink lipstick whispered, putting back the bouquet in its place:

- You're still here, you haven't left yet.

Sadness was reflected in her beautiful dark eyes, outlined in mascara, emphasizing the length of her lashes. Her pupils narrowed slightly in the sunlight as the first ray touched her face, penetrating the patterns of the curtain.

- Excuse me I have to go. I don’t know if I’ll be back today, she whispered, moving away from the window, walking through an empty room, where, apart from the bed, everything was still unsorted, stopping near the bedside table with a photograph of a smiling girl on it. "I'll try to get back earlier, but if I'm late, it's not my fault, so don't be angry."

The phone call interrupted her dialogue, she brought it to her ear, after clicking on "accept a call", she said:

- I said goodbye to her, now I'll go out - dropped the call, went to the mirror hanging in the corridor, looked at myself from head to toe, making sure that she looked great. She grinned to herself, threw her bag over her shoulder, and clapped her heels out of the apartment.

 

Seoul City Police Department

07:19:35 am

Today was a special day for Song Yuqi, or so she thought, as she stepped through the door of the Seoul Police Department with a thrilling heart, ready to begin her duties as an intern at the cold case department.

She just graduated from the university with honors yesterday, so the fuse has not yet passed.

When she was assigned here, where everyone she so admired worked, Yuqi imagined how she would be received.

After all, she heard that the department did not have enough people. For some reason, everyone could not withstand the complexity of work, they quit.

Well, if you think logically, then Yuqi could understand why, after all, they are not playing games here, but catching cunning killers with a subtle psyche.

The reason for the killer can be anything, and Yuqi was very impressed by the lectures, especially one of the detectives (to be honest, Yuqi will never admit it).

Whatever it was, but now, Yuqi is already crossing the threshold, nervously sorting through his dossier with his fingers, looking around, trying to decide where to go.

There was silence in the Seoul Police Department, except for a sleeping policeman lying on a bench covered with a piece of newspaper and another policeman sitting in an uncomfortable position on his chair, also sleeping, Yuqi did not see anyone.

She stumbled uncertainly on the spot, then took another step, deciding in her mind that she needed to wake up the sleeper sitting on the chair.

Yuqi almost reached him when she suddenly jumped up, the silence was broken by the ringing of the phone.

As if by magic, everything around came to life, the dozing policeman picked up the phone and said in a businesslike manner (his voice was not at all sleepy):

- The Seoul Police Department is listening, what happened to you? - After listening for ten seconds, maybe less, he stopped the caller: - Excuse me, please, but can you repeat everything that they told me again. I will turn on the speakerphone - covering the telephone receiver with his hand, he loudly said: - Detective Chon, the witness in the Gambler case is calling ... - before I could finish, Yuqi heard the click of heels from the other room, then some more steps, noise.

Yuqi almost choked on her own breath when she saw two detectives running towards the policeman's desk with hopeful faces.

Cho Miyeon and Kim Minnie, the names of the two detectives that Yuqi so admired, flashed by - now I will see them in action. God, what should I do? Show up now or later? They are so beautiful!

- Turn it on, - Detective Cho ordered, biting her bottom lip nervously.

- You listen, speak - he asked the caller.

- Um, so I was saying… well, I saw these two yesterday when I went to have fun with a girl. That blonde, well, the one killed, was a little hungover, she clung to the brunette. She's just sweet - he smacked his lips, - if it weren't for the girl, I would have hooked her up.

- Can you describe it?

- Her figurine is just a bomb, if I see her again, I’ll point it out, - he said confidently, laughing.

- Anything else? - Detective Kim Minnie asked patiently as she held Detective Cho Miyeon 's hand .

- No… - he said uncertainly, although Yuqi heard that he was not saying something, so she decided to intervene:

- Did this beauty have a name?

- Name? Oh yes, the name, exactly! That blonde girl called her "my wolf cub." She just hung up on her, saying that tomorrow she wants to go to that bar where they went, because the drinks there are so tasty.

- Bar? Oh, I also want to go where the drinks are delicious, - Yuqi pouted, fully entering the role of a coquette.

- I like your voice, baby - began to flirt, - I will say its name, and we will meet there - he stopped waiting .

- Of course we'll see you, - Yuqi assured him.

- I wouldn't go there myself, too expensive for me, but... Birdcage. When will you be there, honey?

- Excuse me, sir, but this is a business phone, it is not intended for flirting - turning off, smiling contentedly at them. Then, seeing their expressions of confusion, she extended her hand to shake, formally introduced herself, - Song Yuqi, a new member of the Cold Case Department. I hope we get along. I'm sorry to interrupt, it's just that I ... - she did not finish saying sorry again the phone call.

The loudspeaker, which had been forgotten to be turned off when picking up the handset, crackled, a frightened female voice said hysterically:

- Murder. She is dead. Back in my hotel! Why in my hotel?! What did I do to deserve all this?!

- Name the address, we're leaving! the policeman said calmly, writing down the address. “Calm down, the detectives are leaving.

 

Hwaa Love Hotel

08:50:17 am

Another murder.

By the time they arrived, half of the work had already been done by the forensics department and the duty officers. The scene of the crime, or rather the building itself, the best love hotel according to local women (elite escorts), has already been cordoned off. There were also police officers around the line, keeping onlookers from going inside.

They did not linger on the street, they hurried to the crime scene.

The room turned out to be completely empty, nothing but a bed, bedside tables and curtains on the windows.

It did not smell of death at all, on the contrary, the aromas of fresh flowers, sweet and fragrant, were carried through the air.

- Well, well, forensics have worked here, let's get down to business - Detective Chon ordered, approaching the murdered girl.

 

The report went on to describe:

Girl 25-27 years old, fragile build, short haircut, light blue hair (later it turned out that an hour before the murder she visited a beauty salon), well-groomed nails (as it turned out later, she held the position of a top model), expensive branded clothes, a beautiful face with plump lips (like cherries), dark eyes, sophisticated makeup.

About this, many liked to say "she is my ideal type."

Cause of death: not established.

Signs: the position of the body, lying across the bed on snow-white sheets, showered with the petals of a wilted bouquet (an empty vase was found standing on the bedside table, instead of the photo frame that stood before it) resembled previous murders of young girls.

Order: The case was transferred to the department of cold cases under the secret number 1X and filed with the "Player" folder.